It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US temple gunman 'shot himself'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

US temple gunman

www.aljazeera.com

The gunman who shot dead six people at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head after he was shot by police, says the FBI.

The authorities said on Wednesday police responders shot gunman Wade Michael Page, 40, in the stomach, but they did not fire the fatal shot, as they had initially said.

Authorities previously said an officer had fired the shot that killed Page.

The FBI also confirmed Page's ex-girlfriend had been arrested on a weapons charge.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk
www.usatoday.com
www.nytimes.com
edit on 8-8-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Title

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Interesting development. I suppose he was severely injured enough to realise he was about to be captured or killed and looked to decide his own fate. Either way he is dead.

It took the authorities a while to either find this out through an autopsy or confirm it to the media. His ex-girlfriend was arrested for gun possession but as a result previous convictions this barred her from owning a gun

www.aljazeera.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Dude got oswalded.

Suicided the convenient "evil" patsy before he talks. Straight from alCIAda's playbook.
edit on 8-8-2012 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The shame of it is, we can never know exactly 'what he was thinking'.... although the talking heads and political spin-masters have already snatched that ball and run with it....

Heaven only knows what they will get his girlfriend to say ... and they will "get her to say" something they want us to hear. Promise.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Yea because it was impossible for him to shoot himself when he realized he would either die anyways or get arrested,

Why is it always the governments fault?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The latest developments also tie into the misreport of the four gunmen.. one article I found today said police were told there were 1 to 4 gunmen inside with hostages.. but there turned out to just be one.. most witnesses saw just one, and at least one person thought there was four.. but no there turned out to just be one.. who got shot by police and then shot himself before he could be captured.

Same thing happened in the Colorado shooting.. people saw James get up from the seat he was in when the movie started and walk to the exit and assumed that was actually a second gunman letting James in when in reality it was James walking out to gear up while leaving the door propped open slightly.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Yea because it was impossible for him to shoot himself when he realized he would either die anyways or get arrested,

Why is it always the governments fault?

I tend to believe the official story... this guy washed out of the military due to alcohol abuse, his girlfriend and him split up, he got kicked out of the band he started and already had a history of white supremacy .. he probably just thought he'd go out and take a few innocent foreigners with him... do people even realize how many mass shootings there have been in the country in recent history? .. all the ones you don't hear about .. but now that Colorado happened they are big news items
edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Originally posted by Maxmars
The shame of it is, we can never know exactly 'what he was thinking'....

It doesn't matter to me what he was thinking... His rationalization of something so horrible is really irrelevant.

although the talking heads and political spin-masters have already snatched that ball and run with it....

Yeah, but the facts are in there. There's a trail of indicators.

Heaven only knows what they will get his girlfriend to say ... and they will "get her to say" something they want us to hear.

What do you think they want us to hear?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If he did not "kill himself", right now he would be in jail asking his lawyer, "why am I here"?
Some things I guess we will never know for sure.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
"The US Averages about 20 mass shootings every year"

rt.com...

People have the misconception that this is some new trend .. it's not .. it's an ongoing trend, the Colorado event just woke people up because of how violent it was and how it was perpetrated

Now sadly that this has become a mainstream frenzy, it's becoming a conspiracy frenzy as well when in reality mass shootings are an unfortunate norm in this country... 20 a year on average people..

All of the US has turned to Aurora, Colorado after a Friday morning shooting left more than a dozen movie-goers dead. But while the latest massacre has scarred millions of Americans, it's also just another item added to a list of gruesome sprees.

According to an ongoing tally kept by the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, the United States is experiencing an average of around 20 mass shootings each year. While Friday morning’s incident inside of a Aurora movie theater has perhaps the unfortunate distinction of being the most violent in recent memory — taking no fewer than 12 lives and injuring around 50 more — it is only yet only one example out of many that has marred society this year.

The Aurora massacre is believed to be one of the worst incident on American soil since a rampage at Virginia Tech in 2007 left 32 people dead. The Fort Hood, Texas massacre two years later also ended with massive bloodshed, as well, with 13 people losing their lives in that event.

edit on 8/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

On the ex-girlfriend.

Cook was arrested on a weapons violation Sunday after investigators interviewed her about Page, but Carlson said she was cooperative and was quickly released. South Milwaukee police had said Cook was taken into custody on a tentative charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm. Milwaukee County sheriff's spokeswoman Fran McLaughlin said Cook also went by the name Brenda Cook. Online court records show Brenda Cook pleaded no contest in 2005 to a felony charge of fleeing an officer.

www.boston.com...

Seems like she is not suspected at all in the massacre.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
So he was a thug, skinhead nazi who, in the end, was a coward and took his own life.

just think of the taxpayer money he saved!

If only the AZ shooter and the Colorado shooter would have had the same cowardice.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
hahaha...an assasin with a self destruct button...lol

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

It doesn't matter to me what he was thinking... His rationalization of something so horrible is really irrelevant.

That is up to you. I want to understand the dysfunction that leads to this kind of atrocity... and that understanding requires more than media productions and police/FBI press releases.

Yeah, but the facts are in there. There's a trail of indicators.

You may choose to believe all you have been told. I accept the reported information, but I also understand that nothing that would interfere with the narrative will be allowed to enter public dissemination. Color me 'jaded' in regards to anything which can be made politically 'expedient.'

The media "makes" the news to keep us "engaged," not "informed."

What do you think they want us to hear?

It depends on who is exploiting the crisis, and what for. Since this could be any of several parties (including the media itself,) the question cannot be answered with a statement of fact, only speculation. Of one thing I can be relatively certain...

They want us to hear - Exactly what you have heard thus far, and likely not much else.

The less repugnant answer would be that this man was a domestic terrorist, and not a troubled vet, a pointless distinction with no merit when measured against the tragic loss of life. But it would make an objective difference to me.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Honey this is ATS, if I farted in the woods it would be a conspiracy around here. But this is a conspiracy board.

I'm not shocked he shot himself. He had issues with authority apparently, i doubt he would let himself be captured by authority. Ole' girlfriend is gonna have to find a new place to live as she's gonna have one hell of a time finding a job after this.
edit on 8-8-2012 by antonia because: argh

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Dead men can tell no tales.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

In most countries, if a guy goes on a killing rampage he's assumed to be a nut. Killing innocent people is a good reason to qualify as a nut.

In England 2010, we had a guy kill 12 people and he was accepted as a nut.

Why can't these US killers be nuts too? Why is it suspicious that a known racist kills brown-skinned folk?

So he 'shot himself.' Seems reasonable in the circumstances.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Look closely into his eyes.

Yes this individual like the many other mass killers we've had recently is "nuts", via a chemical imbalance, a brain malfunction, a personality "disorder" etc..............

Read, "The Black Awakening" by Russ Dizdar.

I predict we are going to start to see a real escalation in "nut jobs".

Perchance when you start to see 200,000,000 world wide all at once you will grab a copy, and read what is happening.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Agreed, seems pretty straight forward to me, but not that he was a nut. There has been some conjecture that he may have thought the ones he was attacking were Muslims,

News that a gunman killed at least six people Sunday inside a Sikh temple in suburban Milwaukee stirred fears in the metro Detroit Sikh community that the religion once again may have been targeted with a misdirected hate crime. "They think we are Muslims," said Amrinder Singh, who was praying Sunday at the Sikh Society of Michigan in Madison Heights when news spread about the attack on an Oak Creek, Wis., temple.

www.freep.com...

If true you don't get much dumber along with hateful than that.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Yeah, If you talk to a white supremecist for long enough. Or any die hard racist. Even they don't believe half the crap that comes outta there mouth. I can't see him trying to answer questions about "why" to a people and society that is so against him. He took the cowards way out. No conspiracy there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join