It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are not your thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just as a forewarning, this post contains information that may seriously mind-#e you, so, be careful, and KNOW that you are cared for.

Onto it,

This gem of deconstructing disinformation came to me when reading about how to deal with thoughts or emotions that inflict anxiety, that can and do become a reciprocating cycle of crap to deal with.

In our modern culture, and in days of yesteryear, we have constantly, whether aware of it or not, been judged. Many judge others based off of perceived behaviors, appearance, and actions in general. Now, while people do judge one another for their supposed thoughts that manifest in their various forms of expression (speech, writing, lyrics, music, art, etc.) we have to remember that these expressions are conglomerations of many 'thoughts' that have been mixed and edited to a millionth degree.

With that said, you are not your thoughts. At least, you don't have to be. You do not possess these thoughts, as if possession really meant that that thing was yours, and yours alone. This will ultimately provide help to no one else, but you, the reader. Many struggle with thoughts that are attached to certain emotions, cropping up from a google-plex of influences. You could nail it down to the stress, the people you're around, the chemtrails, the gmo food, the inoculations, your genetics, the list goes on. Ultimately, it's a lot of things. Remember though, you do not have to be your thoughts. You can and are a conduit for them, and you have the ability to choose your focus to varying degrees; to severe correlations between thoughts and emotions where they may be unnecessary or detrimental; to push away thoughts that may not seem justified for your esteemed attention.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

Are you ever just sitting around; doing what you need and want to do; being good; and all of a sudden a really weird thought will creep its way into your mind: and you sit there and wonder why....because this thought is something you have never done; nor would ever do.

So...where did that thought come from? The dark side of the spirit world...they like to throw what I call (thought darts) to try and upset people and make them doubt themselves.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Soloro

Are you ever just sitting around; doing what you need and want to do; being good; and all of a sudden a really weird thought will creep its way into your mind: and you sit there and wonder why....because this thought is something you have never done; nor would ever do.

So...where did that thought come from? The dark side of the spirit world...they like to throw what I call (thought darts) to try and upset people and make them doubt themselves.

I hate that. I get that a lot when I am trying to go to sleep. Something completely off...not me at all, creeps right in there and then I stay awake for another hour just wondering WTH?

Your explanation is about the best one I think. I really don't know any other reason. It is really weird and can be a little scary.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

yes i notice this too..

i try and always keep my mind positive but at times i do notice that dark thoughts or bad thoughts come into my head and i dont want them to be there haha.

but when that happens i try to tell myself that i dont want to be thinking about that

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

People do struggle with their thoughts, true, but I am my thoughts. I am the expression of my thoughts. Each thought is something to judge and synthesize into something else entirely. I am my thoughts. I just make them accessible by expressing them.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

To be honest I think this is perfectly natural. It happens to us all. Most of us can resist and control these thoughts in a calm way to an extent. I remember seeing some studies on this when I was in college studying psychology but please don't ask me to quote or source them as I was too stoned (much to my shame) and too busy being a teenager to remember these things. I do think that for most people it is nothing to worry about though.
I wonder what connection your darker thoughts have to Tourette's Syndrome though as I often think of the worst thing I could say or do without actually doing or saying it yet Tourette's sufferers don't have the reflex to stop themselves carrying it out. I also often have the urge to jump off high hights or jump in front of a train and think I am going to do so even though I know I'm not going to do it. I know from talking to people that this is more common than I used to think.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Soloro

these thoughts come into your mind because your subconscious,,, or true reality awareness does not censor the infinite potential of reality,,, there for it runs down a path,, a train of thought of possibility, which you judge to be bad or creepy due to past knowledge,, cultural standards, and personal tastes,,,, this is why you may have dreams that are just steady flow of weird events and information that you yourself the self i am talking to now probably could not think that dream state scenario while you are awake,,,, but your processesing brain while you are asleep can churn all of those possibilities,,into a cinematographic work of art,

what im trying to say is any thought is possible,,, all of reality can be thought about in infinite ways,,,., the way of human life and behavior is a relatively strict path and outlook in terms of morals and what not,,, so it is possible for your consciousness to think about weird things,, because those weird things are potential things to be thought about,,,.,. the way I get by this problem is understanding that nothing is weird and everything is weird,,,, I do not fear any question or answer,,,, reality is weird,,,, I can get used to this by thinking about all the aspects,,,,, you can imagine any scenario without changing a thing in the physical reality you exist in,,, this is how we created our morals,,, thinking if everyone killed everyone else that would be bad,,,, moral rule; killing is bad,,,,,, is it creepy that we imagined the thought of killing others to come to that conclusion,,,, no it doesnt matter,.,.,.

yes you should be very creeped out by what the creepy guy across from you is imagining,,, but in the end,, if he or anyone is only thinking about things in their heads,, microscopic computations,,, who has control over wheather these thoughts effect them,,,,,, in the same way you do not need to be negetively effected by your strange thoughts,,, think about why you may have them,,, embrace your ability to dissect and discover and comprehend possible truths,,,dont be scared of what you and your imagination is capable of,,,
edit on 6-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Rubbish from the basement? I have heard that thoughts are like clouds in the sky, they come and go, so best not to get identified with them because they are just clouds floating in an endless sky. (Or something to that affect, lol)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Rubbish from the basement? I have heard that thoughts are like clouds in the sky, they come and go, so best not to get identified with them because they are just clouds floating in an endless sky. (Or something to that affect, lol)

Aye, exactly. Even if the thoughts are expressed as said above, it's always going to be a conglomeration of thoughts propelled, accepted, denied, and stored away by countless people before and after you.

I like the clouds analogy. I'm imagining thoughts as electromagnetic storms coming from the nice clouds lol. Hence, brain storm.
edit on 6-8-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloro
Just as a forewarning, this post contains information that may seriously mind-#e you, so, be careful, and KNOW that you are cared for.

Onto it,

This gem of deconstructing disinformation came to me when reading about how to deal with thoughts or emotions that inflict anxiety, that can and do become a reciprocating cycle of crap to deal with.

In our modern culture, and in days of yesteryear, we have constantly, whether aware of it or not, been judged. Many judge others based off of perceived behaviors, appearance, and actions in general. Now, while people do judge one another for their supposed thoughts that manifest in their various forms of expression (speech, writing, lyrics, music, art, etc.) we have to remember that these expressions are conglomerations of many 'thoughts' that have been mixed and edited to a millionth degree.

With that said, you are not your thoughts. At least, you don't have to be. You do not possess these thoughts, as if possession really meant that that thing was yours, and yours alone. This will ultimately provide help to no one else, but you, the reader. Many struggle with thoughts that are attached to certain emotions, cropping up from a google-plex of influences. You could nail it down to the stress, the people you're around, the chemtrails, the gmo food, the inoculations, your genetics, the list goes on. Ultimately, it's a lot of things. Remember though, you do not have to be your thoughts. You can and are a conduit for them, and you have the ability to choose your focus to varying degrees; to severe correlations between thoughts and emotions where they may be unnecessary or detrimental; to push away thoughts that may not seem justified for your esteemed attention.

I have thoughts that number into at leas the thousands every day, minute or second.

If every thought I had was anything to do with my existence, I would cease to exist several times a day, with what goes on in life in general.

Also, if my thoughts had anything to do with my existence from moment to moment, many people would not be existing, either.

Thoughts are just that, thoughts.

edit on 6-8-2012 by Sulie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

I don't believe it's such an easy accomplishment as you say...to "sever correlations between thoughts and emotions." We may all have the inherent ability to choose our focal point, but the hardest part is recognizing that we actually have the capacity to do so. I think it's called "mindblock" or a few other names. I know I've been there, haven't most of us? My brother once gave me some "words of wisdom" when I had a family problem that I allowed to seep into my every waking moment. I was carrying on about my plight when he calmly said to me, "You have to learn how to "compartmentalize." I try in my mind, with a bit of practice to separate each problem into its' own little box...to not intermingle with the other boxes. This exercise works for me because of how I envision each problem now, and this is how I "push away thoughts that may not seem justified for your esteemed attention." I can now be "who I am" in one world, and keep the stressful world in its' box until I choose to address it.
But I also tend to agree with this quote:

No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. ~Terry Josephson

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloro

Beautifully said.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I have trouble understanding "you are not your thoughts" I mean I kinda know I am the "silent witness".. .but I have certain control over my thoughts,and intrusive thoughts(I have OCD) seem to like to shove into "me" to let me "control" it so that I think that those are my thoughts,does anyone have any idea about this?Its like sometimes I feel like I might be actually like to entertain such thoughts to make myself upset over it although I don;t want which sounds paradoxical.. .
edit on 13-12-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

top topics

join