It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£1 note signed by 'the police'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Hi everyone, I've been on the search for a £1 note for a few years now and before I give up I thought I'd try here as there are quite a lot of people on this site so maybe my chances are better.

I'm looking for a £1 note that was signed by te band 'the police' (I'm sure you've heard of the) and that's about it really.

I'm hoping someone came across it and kept it and it would be amazing to get it back. I probably never will but there's no harm in trying.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

that will be long gone

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Probably lol

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
My uncle has that along with everything else that signed. Some big gold framed record with green velvet background also signed. Also some stuff from the beatles....all old crap if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AsuspiciousMANappears

Your uncle has a £1 note signed by the band 'the police'? Oooh I wonder if it's the same one? I mean how many £1 notes could they have signed?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

Its Scottish isn't it think its like green with a guy with a white wig on. Don't really remember he showed me and I was like yeah this means nothing to me. I was young. Whats the big D, do you want me to see if he will sell it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

That would amazing if I got it back! If it's not too much trouble could you ask him if he would part with it? I'll give him the pound! Hahaha! Nah as long as its a reasonable price of course I would buy it back, just wouldn't know to go about it on here.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Wow you had it first, That's crazy that I saw this post and replied to you. I have text him but he works nights so might not respond until late. If he knows you had it first he might well do it coz he likes things like that. If my uncle wants to I will PM you his tel number and you can sort it out together.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Soulo

hi op

good luck on your search

"this towns becoming like a ghost town"

eta: Cheers Thatcher

edit on 4-8-2012 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Wow! If money could talk eh! That will be great than you for replying. Keep untouched

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
That would be irony...

The "Police" committing an offence by defacing money..

It'd be worth framing for that fact alone. lol

new topics

top topics

join