It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deserted Detroit becomes dumping ground for dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
We all know how bad certain areas of Detroit have become. Now it seems people are dumping dead bodies in these deserted areas of town. what scares me about Detroit, is I can see that happening in any city of America as the economy becomes worse. All the money that is spent on lobbyist wars, etc,... why can we not fix up our own yard? Here is the news article I just read:

DETROIT — From the street, the two decomposing bodies were nearly invisible, concealed in an overgrown lot alongside worn-out car tires and a moldy sofa. The teenagers had been shot, stripped to their underwear and left on a deserted block. They were just the latest victims of foul play whose remains went undiscovered for days after being hidden deep inside Detroit’s vast urban wilderness — a crumbling wasteland rarely visited by outsiders and infrequently patrolled by police. Abandoned and neglected parts of the city are quickly becoming dumping grounds for the dead — at least a dozen bodies in 12 months’ time. And authorities acknowledge there’s little they can do. “You can shoot a person, dump a body and it may just go unsolved” because of the time it may take for the corpse to be found, officer John Garner said. The bodies have been purposely hidden or discarded in alleys, fields, vacant houses, abandoned garages and even a canal. Seven of the victims are believed to have been slain outside Detroit and then dumped within the city. It’s a pattern made possible by more than four decades of urban decay and suburban flight. White residents started moving to burgeoning suburbs in the 1950s, then stepped up their exodus after a deadly 1967 race riot.

www.trivalleycentral.com

It is really really sad. I think the area needs to be torn down, or funds to build it. That could put a lot of people to work. To leave it like this , is just horrible.
edit on Sat Aug 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
to hard to read man. brake it up a bit please

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The joys of outsourcing.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The joys of over-regulation and excessive taxation.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sounds 3rd worldish and COULD be a PROTOTYPE for other parts/cities if not FINANCIALLY careful globally. DIsturbing to know a city in the US is going out like this, SMH

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I want to make a documentary called dead america! It's going to outline all the once thriving parts of the country that have become desolate wastelands. It's funny how many dream of a zombie, or other appocalypse. The cities laying in ruins, crime, violence and survival being the only things left. Look around, it's already here. Outside of an economically strong city supporting itself, there is a whole of Emerica and the world that's already living the end.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

You could add parts of route 66 to that tour. It starts and stops at many places now, where the road had been removed.

new topics

top topics

join