It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Ron Paul's Speech Against Iran Sanctions August 1, 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
President Paul ....... has a nice ring to it. If only the brainwashed masses would have realized he is the only man for the job. Sadly, as usual, his warnings will fall on deaf ears. War with Iran will occur. The united states will go bankrupt. And the country will fall into chaos.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Not even a minute in,1st vid, HOW can Iran ruin the US $ any more! ITS FUBAR and you and me are the problem just as much as the banks, how long yall gonna stay bent over the desk with ya pants down.The quicker that dollar dies the better for the planet i say!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Look at Mrs. Lehtinen...chirping proudly about keeping 70+ million people in a 3rd world status due to an imaginary threat.

Now look at that Zionist letter sent to all Congressmen which demands their obedient consent. That gives me a tingle.

I love America.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I must admit, during last 10 years or so...I have developed a slight anti American sentiment. Not towards American people, but towards it's warring politics and aggressive capitalist agenda.

Seeing and hearing Paul speak, makes me believe...there is hope.

But, I wanted to mention something else...let's explore for a minute...that the supposed threat is real...that Iran is really trying to make a nuclear bomb.

Let's go with that as a fact. And let's say they really do manage it. And then what? Who are they going to attack ?

Where are they going to drop the bomb and what would be the inevitable consequences of such an act?

Israel ? - consequence --> An all out annihilation of the Iran by the overwhelmingly more superior military forces of
US (ally of Israel) and NATO (ally of the US).

US ? - consequence --> An all out annihilation of the Iran by the overwhelmingly more superior military forces of
US and NATO.

Any of the NATO countries ? consequence --> An all out annihilation of the Iran by the overwhelmingly more superior military forces of US and NATO.

Any other country in the world ? consequence --> Iran would be isolated by the global community, if not destroyed.

So what are we talking about here? Who is afraid of Iran attacking and how do you see this event even remotely possible. Dropping nukes on any of the before mentioned entities, would be like pushing the self destruct button.

And begin counting down...This is just a dirty agenda by the military industrial complex who need to spend some ammo, and buy new ones...this is really beating the war drums with this sanctions.

Let it be known...America is starting a new war..

...oh...and by the way...the only nation to ever build and use nukes on other countries to kill innocent civilians is the US. If anyone should be sanctioned for having nuclear power..it should be the nation that has shown to be capable and willing to use it no matter what the cost.

Think I'm gonna be sick now...

edit on 2-8-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So to me, it looks like Paul wants Iran to attack us? And then you don't think we'll strike back???

And you anti-war types are saying that he's right???

Now I agree with Paul that sanctions do not work and it actually makes Iran more powerful since they now control that oil and more dangerous since they are now pissed off at us more than ever before. Obama has been focusing all of his attention and doing everything possible not to go to war with Iran.

I hate Obama and everything he stands for but his foreign policy is pretty solid. It's not a question of if Iran attacks Israel or vice versa its when! Sanctions or not. If Iran attacks Israel, weather you like Israel or not. She is our main number one ally. So we'll be right there with her.
edit on 2-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Man.. it blows my mind how foolish some people can be. Did you even hear what he said?
What would EVER have given you the impression that Iran would attack us? They are not going to attack us, they were never going to and they never have.

Do you not understand that the government and media has hyped up the fear so they can justify a war if they want to. Do you think we were in danger from Iraq?

People that think like you are what are wrong with this country. I'm not using hyperbole here. If everyone thought like that then this country would have already been finished. The only question is when Israel attacks Iran never vice versa.. and what exactly does that have to do with us? Israel is not our number one ally.. what are you talking about? What has Israel ever done for us? EVER? Besides going behind our backs and making nukes and taking our money (another 60 million or was it billion? last week)? Anyone that thinks Israel is our number one ally is a complete kook. Iran wasn't going to attack Israel. Also it's whether not weather.
edit on 2-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

So to me, it looks like Paul wants Iran to attack us? And then you don't think we'll strike back???

How did you come to that conclusion ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
With sanctions Iran is pissed but has no money

Without sanctions Iran is a terrorists fundraiser.

There is every indication that Iran will attack us or Israel. Warnings from not just our gov't btw. To not take the threats seriously is foolish. Sanctions are the wrong way to go, but in this situation, its the lesser of two evils because the other option is war!!!!

America will not turn away from this.
edit on 2-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I'm willing to take you on a bet...that Iran will never strike first. Unless an event is fabricated...

And please...could you share with me your view on how exactly would Iran attack the US...if you please
edit on 2-8-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

well without the sanctions the Iranians have full force to develop their nuclear weapons and destroy Israel which despite the leftist rhetoric that you keep on hearing that is the main goal to them! They've always hated Israel probably for what they are doing to the Palestines. They think that Israel is occupying the Middle East. They want the Middle East to be all Muslim. No Jews allowed. We have always been friendly to Israel. (some say way too much). If they are attacked, it is essentially an attack on us!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Sorry man...there will be no dropping the nukes...anywhere...unless the US does it. And you admit, Iran could never really attack the US.

Wake up people....nobody will nuke nobody...because...any nuking will provoke an immediate response, and everybody is well aware today, what would that mean.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Absolutely brilliant speech if there ever was one. Too bad the people sitting around him are absolute brain dead morons who probably didn't take notice of a single word he said. I tire of this planet called Earth...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

well without the sanctions the Iranians have full force to develop their nuclear weapons and destroy Israel which despite the leftist rhetoric that you keep on hearing that is the main goal to them!
If I understand what Ron Paul was saying these sanctions actually demand Iran to stop all nuclear programs, to stop doing doing things which they are allowed to do under international treaties which have been agreed upon. There are already treaties in place which stop them from undertaking certain dangerous nuclear projects as far as I'm aware. These new sanctions do nothing but place ridiculous limits on what they can do and it confirms the "Iran obsession" because in reality they don't have anywhere near the resources to launch a real attack against the US. And they know full well what the repercussions of launching such an attack would be, it would result in the swift removal of their nation from the face of the Earth. Not even they are so stupid, and as Ron Paul states their history in the war game is rather moderate and not note worthy... especially if you want to compare them to blood thirsty terrorist nations willing to spend trillions on the war machine... such as the United States.
edit on 2/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

As an American, speaking to someone from Croatia, you sir, are correct.

It baffles my mind that people can actually listen to Ron Paul speak, and then turn around and say the man and his supporters are nut jobs. I just don't understand their thinking.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

There is absolutely NO indication they will attack us or Israel. Never has been.
That is fact. No arguing it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

There is no proof (nor has there ever been proof) that they are making nukes. Even if they were they are making them for protection against Israel who 100 percent has illegal nukes. Also you have no idea what you are talking about saying Iran wants the Jews out of the middle east. There is a HUGE Jewish population IN IRAN.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

Speaking on behalf of Ron Paul supporters.. it baffles our minds too.
We have spent years calmly warning, what amounts to a clear majority of idiots, that it will hurt if you put your hand in the fire, and make no mistake, soon enough we will be explaining WHY it hurt - past tense.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CalebRight14

I have given up on politics long time ago. But this Paul guy is different...he raises awareness of real social issues. His agenda seems to be directed primarily at well being of your fellow man. Others, including Obama and Romney (and don't get me started on Boy George) seem to focus on big business and money making machinery and put the benefit of the people low on their priority list.

I have actually dropped a tear listening to this man. Here's one non US citizen hoping this man gets a chance.

Hope dies last...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Of course he's right, as usual.
But what I've gradually come to realize at an advanced age is that the one thing you can't do and get any respect is to tell the truth. Telling the truth will earn you scorn and hatred, or at best, total disregard. Americans want to be reassured that the USA is #1 and everything it does is noble and great, and anything upsetting that fond notion is rejected out of hand.
So Drudge carries a scare headline today that Ahmadinejad wants to "annihilate" poor Israel, when even the body of the Jerusalem Post article never actually says any such thing. (He wants regime change in Israel.)
The set-up for this next and worse war is set in concrete, and nothing will distract our leaders in Jerusalem and Washington from their planned insanity.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FuManchu2

Agreed. It seems there is no way back from this. What a sorry affair. The worst thing about it is...I feel the people are powerless to prevent it. Only a man like Ron Paul could stop it, but somebody made sure he never gets a chance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join