It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snoop Dogg becomes Snoop Lion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
It was a bit surprising when i first heard of this

Snoop told reporters that he was rechristened Snoop Lion by a Rastafarian priest. “I want to bury Snoop Dogg, and become Snoop Lion,” he told reporters, according to news.com.au. “I didn't know that until I went to the temple, where the High Priest asked me what my name was, and I said, ‘Snoop Dogg.’ And he looked me in my eyes and said, ‘No more. You are the light; you are the lion.’ From that moment on, it's like I had started to understand why I was there.”

Link

Alot of people may hate this new change, others may think "oh hes just doing this because he needed to keep his fame".
But i think this is incredible, if this man is now making music in order to create peace and love then all my respect goes out to him.

Its reggea just to let you guys know...incase you dont like the taste of this kind of music.

edit on 31-7-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If he was doing it out to get fame then I doubt he do raggae. It isn't exactly on the top 100 charts.

I sure hope he doesn't really start to believe that Rastafarian garbage.

edit on 31-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

Man he is always smoking the best stuff! No wonder he was changed from a dogg to a lion...

I have not listened to Reggae in many, many years! I sorta miss it along with other things...
edit on 31-7-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Rastafarian garbage is better than most garbage.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I am pretty surprised he is still standing.
But I like Snoop. He came out big time when I was a teen, and I was sold. Nothing like a skinny white girl blaring that from her car to get weird looks.
He's always been pretty open and honest about himself and I respect that in anybody. I think he has enough money at this point that he didn't need to do this for "fame". I think nearing 30 years in the same role had more to do with it. He is actually a pretty smart guy depending on when and how you catch him.

I like the song as well. Good for him, for trying what he wants to!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Snoop still Snoop.

He's fly.

One of the all time greats.

Snoop can do anything.

I seen him do a Metallica cover.

Seen him perform WITH the Beastie Boys.

Dude is a legend.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It doesn't flow as well across the tongue, but I say more power to him...it's not life changing for anyone but him. I'm cool with that.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

And I'll counter your video with a well known Snoop Dogg video,

Snoop Dogg - Whats my name ? ( Who am I ? )

I'm happy to see Snoop is following Bob Marley's religion, not that I would expect anything else from the Snoop man. I'll accept his new transformation into the Lion. Word em up Snoop Lion!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.vice.com...
That links to the trailer of "Reincarnated" which is the documentary of his change.
Apparently he worked with Vice to produce it, and I love Vice documentaries, so I'm thinking it'll be pretty good.

Makes me wonder what the popular culture would be like if all the thug rappers stopped lying about drugs and guns.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Garbage is garbage. Do you know what Rastafarians believe?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I like Snoop i don't care what he calls himself now he seems like a good guy, so...OK. Whatever..
Even Bob Marley's son Rohan attended the conference and gave Snoop his blessing i thought that was great..
Snoop Lion said he's not completely retiring from hip-hop but is "tired" of the genre because it is no longer challenging.
"Reggae was calling ... it's a breath of fresh air," he said. So good luck to a great guy! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I couldn't possibly say what every rasta believes but I know the basics of their ideology. To be honest, I have always considered Rastafari an excuse to smoke herb all the time and feel justified doing so. Their are only a handful of rastas on the planet, I don't really see them as a threat.

What are your concerns about Snoop going rasta?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
He's now claiming he's the reincarnation of Bob Marley, a guy that died a decade after he was already born.

This has to be an elaborate joke, nobody would claim that, make music that awful and be serious.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Garbage is garbage. Do you know what Rastafarians believe?

Pretty much the same as all other religions, so be he Rastafarian, or Jehovah, I don't give a shiz, he is Snoop Lion.

Why should his religious believes make me like his music more or less?

vvv

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Your post sounds like garbage. Why all the negativity?

Do your thing Snoop.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I like Snoop...I like his music...and he seems like a pretty funny guy.

But Snoop can't sing...he raps good...but he can't sing at all. And you need to be able to sign for Reggae.

join