It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your own Mech, for just 1.3 million dollars!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
This is super cool, well, to a mech junkie like me at least.

Imagine having this as a toy.

A Japanese company has purportedly created a diesel-powered mech robot for the consumer market. The Kuratas, by the Suidobashi firm, stands almost four metres tall and weighs 4.4 tons, according to the official website.
The Kuratas has a cockpit, with Kinect-enabled controls, featuring such lovely gestures as smiling to fire weapons. Additionally, the mech can also be controlled over a 3G connection, using a smartphone, a video shows.
The Kuratas comes complete with non-lethal weapons, including a rocket launcher that fires water rockets and gatling guns capable of firing BB bullets. The Kuratas will set you back $1.35-million when it launches.

Source

Another link with more pics

link with awesome video of robot in action

If they can build this, I am sure they can make one with fully functioning weapon systems. Not long before the Japanese army have mechs as part of their line up. Not sure how effective it might be, but will look damn cool!.

vvv
edit on 31-7-2012 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

For those who don't like links.

vvv

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Oh, spectacular.

Now we can wage war at 10km an hour!! We have mechs that can lift their arms up at a staggering 3 inches per second!!!!!1111111

A human can run about that fast.

The tables have turned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

/sarcasm

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I now officially have an incentive for making money!

I don't even know why I want it... but I do. It's not like I care to walk down the street shooting birds, let alone people... Mark my words... before I'm 50, I WILL have one of these.

I wonder if they can be retrofitted for space! I wouldn't mind strolling around Mars, shooting clay pigeons with one of these things! I bet the weight of this thing can be significantly reduced... I'm sure there's a lot of heavy metals for armor and such that aren't necessary.

I can hear the DOD's mind gears spinning away...

The next best thing to Iron Man?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
Oh, spectacular.

Now we can wage war at 10km an hour!! We have mechs that can lift their arms up at a staggering 3 inches per second!!!!!1111111

A human can run about that fast.

The tables have turned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

/sarcasm

It all has to start somewhere! This is a spectacular start to the future of actual mechs, for the public.

We didn't start with blue ray drives, we started with magnetic tapes. This is the beginning of the future for robot and mech technology.

vvv

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

awsome....Imagine paint ball with these things.....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

WOW!!

I KNEW it wouldn't be long before this happens.. !

Cool but kinda spooky actually, just wounder if the pilots gets 'plugged in' and the only thing lacking now is FTL communications. if they come out with a mad cat.. the fight will be ON~!!!

Could we really be looking at the backstory of the game itself? ~!!

Battletech Backstory

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Why would the public need mechs? To stroll to McDonalds and blast sparrows out of the trees?

I can see it now; 17 year old kids getting these off their rich parents and painting them up and going on a television show called "Pimp my Mech."

This kind of stuff is just posturing.

Real development of this technology wouldn't be shown to the public at some little show, it would be developed and then held under wraps until it fit nicely into a new war.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join