It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to get Involved in Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I want to get involved in politics. I am 19. I live in West Virginia which is democratic. I have been interested in politics 2 maybe 3 years. I registered republican so I could vote for Ron Paul. So where should I begin? I know city level. Maybe city council. Should I keep registered republican, or fully register libertarian or go an register democrat? How would I incorporate libertarianism into city politics? Is it possible to get elected without spending money? Or very little money? Any ideas and tips are appreciated thanks.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

Heres an Idea, start your own group and call it the national truth movement.

I know its hard to put politician and truth together but you might brainwash a few with a name like that.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

What do you mean "Brain Wash?"

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

What sort of politician do you want to be? What would your policies be, what are the most important things to you that need to be rectified? If you want to become a politician, you must muster support and you must win the confidence of the populace in your region, state, country. How do you do it? Do you think it is through sheer honesty?

Brainwashed is what I seen when Obama won the election. People literally praising that liar like a god and only 4 years later, he has not fulfilled many if any promises that he stated before he was elected. Brainwashed is allowing Bush to invade sovereign nations who have nothing to do with terrorism. Brainwashed are people who continue to believe everything they see, hear and are told to do. Brainwashed would be listening to a new politicians policies and then watching that politician lie about them....

What would you bring out of the shadows? You can't just say you want to be a politician and not have a plan in place.

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Kudos to you for wanting to make a difference. I would say start small at a city level and build support up from there. I've thought about it myself as well. I don't know how good I would be though, since public speaking is something I'm horrible at.

And don't let naysayers get you down. You never know until you try!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wwe9112

Politics is easy! Here's a step by step guide to help you enter the wonderful and exciting world of American politics!

First, meet rich people and let them know that, if they vote for you, you'll make sure their lives are nothing but cake and roses! Make their agendas your agendas!

Next, get those friends to give you a few hundred million dollars!

Put out an ad saying "Campaign manager wanted - only the meanest, dirtiest, lowest SOB's need apply!" And then hire the most reprehensible and sociopathic person who applies.

Now find the office that you wish to hold, find out who currently possesses that office, and then have investigators dig up all the dirt that they can find. What? What's that you say? No dirt??? Well that's OK. Then just get your rich friends to form a Super Pac for you and then instruct them to make up all the dirt they want about your opponent! They'll be happy to do it because of that cake and roses thing you promised them!

Oh, learn to smile when you're lying. This one is important! Gotta be able to smile while lying!

Next... get five black candles, set them on the floor in a star shape... draw a circle around them in sea salt ( sea salt is important now! Can't be table salt! ) and recite some special words in Latin and Aramaic. This will invoke Satan. When he appears tell him you are willing to trade your soul for good poll numbers and strong public support! This will not take long as Satan always keeps a politics based soul contract in his pocket, just in case!

Now you're good to go! Enjoy your career in American politics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Heff

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Go for it. You need to find a way of connecting with the interests of real people. What are their concerns in your area. What are the hot topics in your town, controversial building projects, dodgy landlords. You need to appeal to those who feel they have no voice in society. People always need someone to stand up for their interests.

Watch this guy.

and from my favorite politician in the UK, George Galloway. Most people in this country hate the guy, but I've always been a fan.

Watch from 14m 20 to see his political views.

But I believe these guys articulate the need for a new politics, better than anyone else out there in my opinion.
edit on 30-8-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join