It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage to be introduced in Scotland

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tramadolnights

Originally posted by Annee

Its a shame the ancient and beautiful ceremony of Marriage is being ruined by liberals and athiests.

Its a shame Equal Rights is being ruined by closed minded - judgmental Fundamentalists.

And I doubt any marriage ceremony will be more beautiful then when Gays do it.

Kind of ironic - - that the Sistine Chapel - - one of the most beautiful religious artworks in the world - - was done by a Gay dude.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

You already have equal rights. You have all the same rights given to anyone else. What you want is special rights.

I am a heterosexual female, and I have the right to marry the man I love. My gay male friend, on the other hand, is not allowed to marry the man he loves. How is that equal rights?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Its a shame the ancient and beautiful ceremony of Marriage is being ruined by liberals and athiests.

Its a shame Equal Rights is being ruined by closed minded - judgmental Fundamentalists.

Kind of ironic - - that the Sistine Chapel - - one of the most beautiful religious artworks in the world - - was done by a Gay dude.

You already have equal rights. You have all the same rights given to anyone else. What you want is special rights.

I am a heterosexual female, and I have the right to marry the man I love. My gay male friend, on the other hand, is not allowed to marry the man he loves. How is that equal rights?

Because he already has the right to be with the man he "loves". Marriage is a choice, not a right.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Because he already has the right to be with the man he "loves". Marriage is a choice, not a right.

He chooses to be married - but the state won't allow it. The laws need to be changed to allow him to marry the person he loves - with all the legal benefits associated.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

He chooses to be married - but the state won't allow it. The laws need to be changed to allow him to marry the person he loves - with all the legal benefits associated.

And the state should never allow it. Marriage is a bond between ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN. Two men getting married is absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

And the state should never allow it. Marriage is a bond between ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN. Two men getting married is absolutely ridiculous.

Wrong.

America already has legal gay marriage by state. It is only a matter of time before it is Federally legal.

No one cares whether you agree or not.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It's not ridiculous if you are the two men who want to be married. Some states do allow it, and they haven't had any ill effects to date. All states will allow it eventually - I have faith!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by Annee

Same sex marriage is already accepted in england and has been for a while, tho not long enough. Im glad scotland are finally catching up.

Eh no? We will be the first and you guys will follow, just like with the smoking indoors ban.

"Scotland could become the first part of the UK to introduce gay marriage after the SNP government announced plans to make the change."

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Wrong.

America already has legal gay marriage by state. It is only a matter of time before it is Federally legal.

No one cares whether you agree or not.

Haha, whatever you say. Every bill you people bring gets shot down, you'll never get your fake marriages and the more you attempt to force it down our throats, the more we will turn against you.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It's not ridiculous if you are the two men who want to be married. Some states do allow it, and they haven't had any ill effects to date. All states will allow it eventually - I have faith!

Two men who want to be marrried. I mean, have you ever heard such a stupid and ridiculous prospect.

Two men getting married. Gotta laugh really.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tramadolnights

Im straight. And im completely for gay marriage.

Why do you care so much about the meaning of the word marriage?
Times change, people change, social norms change.
All i can say to you is grow the f**k up, seriously.

Why does two men getting married affect you anyway? No ones asking you to marry a man so why do you even care.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It is not. It is not ridiculous at all. The only thing ridiculous about it is that people try telling other people what they can or cannot do about things that don't concent them. Like telling the population at large, that we cannot give gays equal rights. For me - bigotry, intolerange, hateful religions - that is the epidemic, which fortunatelly ending...

Don't like gay marriage? Don't marry a gay. Some of us would like to give other people every opportunity we ourselves have, and our definition of marriage is different.

Logic is the foundation of equal rights. If my neighbour has food, has work, has a family, is happy - I myself feel safer. You cannot feel save with inequality, both financial and social. It makes the society a less stable one.

And that is... illogical.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Same sex marriage is already accepted in england and has been for a while, tho not long enough. Im glad scotland are finally catching up.

I think England only has civil union - - - but will have full marriage soon. I know that Elton John once said he was fine with Civil Union as long as he had the same rights. But after he had his child - - - he said NO! It is not enough - - it is not Equal. He said only Marriage for all would be equality.

I've been following Gay Rights for 20 years. Its slow and frustrating - - - but I think the ball is firmly rolling faster now - - all around the world.

The UN is taking a stand to - - - and putting pressure on countries that still have death penalties for gays.

There are Gay Rights movements - - - even in Arab countries.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Im straight. And im completely for gay marriage.

Why do you care so much about the meaning of the word marriage?
Times change, people change, social norms change.
All i can say to you is grow the f**k up, seriously.

Why does two men getting married affect you anyway? No ones asking you to marry a man so why do you even care.

It's utterly wrong. It is an insult to the act of marriage. It is an insult to the meaning of the bond.

It destroys the family unit. Eventually, we'll see kids growing up without a male and a female parent, and that will bring problems you can't even imagine.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Two men who want to be marrried. I mean, have you ever heard such a stupid and ridiculous prospect.

Two men getting married. Gotta laugh really.

Well, keep laughing buddy. Gays are getting married all around the globe right now. Looks like they will have the last laugh.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Haha, whatever you say. Every bill you people bring gets shot down, you'll never get your fake marriages and the more you attempt to force it down our throats, the more we will turn against you.

Society majority is evolving away from discrimination.

Your kind are diminishing.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

How uneducated am i your right! Im english too...
I mean i know this countries far from perfecy but thats pretty bad.
I guess were still under the thumb of the church.
Why the church still had any power is completely beyond me, in this day and age its sickening!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

How uneducated am i your right! Im english too...
I mean i know this countries far from perfecy but thats pretty bad.
I guess were still under the thumb of the church.
Why the church still had any power is completely beyond me, in this day and age its sickening!

LOL

I think the church lost or is losing this one.

Gonna be a few years - - - but I'm pretty sure its already been declared law.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"It's utterly wrong. It is an insult to the act of marriage. It is an insult to the meaning of the bond.

It destroys the family unit. Eventually, we'll see kids growing up without a male and a female parent, and that will bring problems you can't even imagine."

And you, my friend are an insult to humity.
And we are only beginning to realise the extent of the problems your kind has caused

edit on 25-7-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Times change. Marriage has to keep up with society.

It wasn't that long ago since it was recognised that rape could actually be legally tried for married couples in Scotland. Effectively, a husband could not be tried for raping his wife. I think it was around 1991 when this 'exemption' was challenged....not too long ago.

By allowing gay people in committed relationships to marry, this proves we have come a long way.

I'd rather a kid had two mums or two dads who are committed parents than a 'straight', but lazy set of feckless welfare society leeches who could not care about properly bringing up a child.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join