It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview With Julian Assange on Australian TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Last night the 23 July 2012, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) Four Corners program aired a report that sheds more light on the Julian Assange case.

It provides a lot more detail on the nature of the sex offences of which he is accused. In summary, it is clear the sex was consensual. The two women did go the police only after the become worried about STD, to find out if Assange could be compelled to have and STD check. As a result of this, an arrest warrant was issued. One of the women refused to sign the statement when she heard he was to be arrested. It seems she did not want him arrested.

His American lawyer says that Assange would return to Sweden tomorrow to face the charge if the U.S. categorically stated they are not seeking his extradition, as one US diplomat claimed was the case.

I found it very informative and it provides a lot of background.

This is the first time I have tried to link a video so I hope it works.

Link

Mods; if this is in the wrong place please move.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Bugger; It's in the wrong forum. Mods please move.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

This is also apparent if you read the actual case files(which i have done, since i am swedish), but i am unsure if they exist in english, although they propably should since Assange is the one on "trial". I read them through over a year ago, and both women had concensual sex although with one of them the "condom" apparently broke. That girl now blames him for it and suspects he broke it on purpose. That is basically what this is all about. The other girl just wanted to "help" this girl by following her to the police and offer her company, and it turns out he had sex with her too, so they are both probably abit "mad" on him for this, as they seemed to be upset(jealous) about not beng the "only" one he had sex with those few days he was in sweden. This is probably a hugely contributing factor to them bothering with reporting him to the police as well. Girls are like that in sweden, it´s very common, they all want to feel special, and if someone treat them "badly" in such a way, they want revenge. In this case they probably see the opportunity to get some money as well.

new topics

join