It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the solution to radically minimizing gun-related deaths

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
So basically all the members of Hitler's SS can own guns and none of the non educated. Look at the idiot that just went on the rampage, he was educated? The people committing all of the gun crimes are using guns they didn't purchase legally. My stupid uneducated brain tells me that perhaps something should be done about them in order to fix the problem.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Um the guy that shot up the theater was in a PHD program for NeuroScience......

Lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I only meet a few of your items.

The right to protect myself and family from phycos when seconds count.

The God given right to be a sovereign citizen.

o wait, you dont have those.....
edit on 24-7-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is so fail.

You are bordering on Eugenics, you might want to put that in check.

The "smart" have the guns, eh? You mean the heavily indoctrinated? Got it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Don't know where else to post this, so of course move it if there is a more appropiate forum.

Now we all know this gun control problem there seems to be and after some time thinking a great idea popped into my head.

What if we make the need of having a PHD a basic requirement for owning a weapon. Just to be clear I'm not saying anyone with a PHD should automatically be granted a gun. I mean it should just be a basic requirement to owning a gun and from there of course, further requirements would be to undergo a background check and then some mental tests. After if you are deemed safe, responsible, mature you get any gun you want.

So just to go into more detail here is my plan for the requirements a person would need to have a gun.

1. A PHD in any subject.
2. A wife/husband with at least an undergraduate degree.
3. A stable and happy social circle and social life.
4. At least one son/daughter.

There is my plan. Because if you think about it. Someone without a university education should not own a firearm. And if my plan was implemented neither would he have to own one because you can be certain he won't be massacred by a happy doctor or happy philospher for that reason.

With my plan only people with maturity, responsibility, and respect would have a firearm. You can be certain a shooting such as the Aurora massacre or any school shooting would be very rare.

With all due respect - that's a horrible bit of logic and one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. It is shortsighted and incorrect, and paints an unrealistic picture of the realities involved.

I'm certainly glad this is not your decision to make, for several reasons.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Well, fire arm crimes are 99% of the time committed by criminals with felony records who are banned from having a gun in the first place. There are stiff prison sentences in place for felons who get caught with guns, whether they use them or not. So, what to do about this?
My solution is simple. Allow everyone to carry a gun if they choose without the need to have a CCW. Including felons. How many felons do you think are going to try and knock over the local gas station if they know EVERYONE is potentially armed? One or two, Im sure. But when they make the news as the latest idiot to try to rob a place in an armed society, that will stop. If everybody has a gun and carries it, the gun will lose its power over the weak because all will be equal.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You want to really minimize gun related deaths? Take guns away from the police and military. I'd be willing to bet that in any given year, there are more people killed by police guns than civilian guns. As for the military, well, gun related deaths is pretty much what they do.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Geesh. Some of the dumbest people I know havd PH.D's.
I wouldn't let them have a box of matches much less a firearm.
If you want to stop gun violence. Give everybody a gun.
There would be a loss less stickups and shootings if the perp knew the people around him had their sights on him/her from every direction.
Statistics prove disarming citizens is a disaster since only the legal guns are confiscated.
You wanna give Ph.D's a gun?
I would rather give it to my bird. He is smarter than most of the Ph. D's I've met.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

reply to post by CaptChaos

I'm just gonna copy my new answer for everyone.

Okay I'm willing to make some improvements to my plan.

The requirements are now as follow:

1. A background check on your social stability, social circle, personal sanity, ideology and upbringing.

These tests are done regularly.

If you pass the set of tests ago for the first time you get to have a firearm of your choice. Sequent regular tests are done to determine if you can keep having your firearm.

Your new answer is even worse.

I will conduct all background checks, and I will decide who passes or not. Starting with YOU.

The Decider has spoken.

No, not you. A commitee of professionals. Among them top psychologists, psychiatrists, etc...
edit on 23/7/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)
So top psychologists & psychiatrists are good judges of character?

Not like they're immune from being evil people much more than a regular medical doctor would be.

Proof?

Dr. Ewen Cameron - Dr. Ewen Cameron was at one time the President of the Canadian, American and World Psychiatric Associations, the American Psychopathological Association and the Society of Biological Psychiatry.

He had a pretty good professional career behind him, he must be able to differentiate from good & bad, right & wrong, correct?

Wrong.

This man was involved heavily with the depatterning of individuals for the CIA's MKULTRA projects. He would lock people up for weeks to months on end in solitary confinement all with the intent of creating disassociative-identity disorder in these subjects... The sick man even published a paper on the subject: Psychic Driving - APA Journal

And that is just the tip of the iceberg on sick things he did while performing experiments on unwilling human beings.

So, still think that having Psychologists and Psychiatrists decide this matter is a good idea? I don't

To be honest, there is no POSSIBLE way that you can keep things like this from happening. If a crazy person is determined enough to get a gun, or build a bomb and kill people, then putting stupid laws into place will not keep them from doing it. They WILL find a way.

This country's "Government" and a good chunk of people in it fail to realize that you cannot control everything. Even by coming up with these silly laws, you won't stop things like this from happening.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

That's awesome.
That certainly limits the field down some doesn't it.
And it's great for the criminals.
Since we now know who owns a gun. PHD's.
They can go to their homes while they are working and steal all their guns.

Now criminals can go out and rob people who don't have PHD's.

And you've done nothing to stop gun related deaths at all.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

reply to post by CynicalWabbit

Do people want peace? My "utopia" offers peace.
Do people want financial security? My "utopia" offers them financial security.
Do people want to be educated and full of knowledge? My "utopia" offers them education and knowledge.
Do people want to explore the stars? Hell! Of course! My "utopia" offers them exploration to the stars and beyond.

To refuse my way, is to refuse what mankind has strived for since the beginning of its conception.

To refuse my way, is to be happy with the problems of today.

"My Utopia"?, "My Way"?

You started off wanting to change the gun laws so that basically only the Phd's and the criminals could own or even posses a firearm. Hmmm. There goes most of the Police and Military. Except, of coarse, those loyal to you and your beliefs.

And now, you would like to create a "Utopia" in your vision.

Is your last name Hitler by chance?

link   
reply to post by chr0naut

you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

think about what that actually means.

link   

Don't know where else to post this, so of course move it if there is a more appropiate forum.

Now we all know this gun control problem there seems to be and after some time thinking a great idea popped into my head.

What if we make the need of having a PHD a basic requirement for owning a weapon. Just to be clear I'm not saying anyone with a PHD should automatically be granted a gun. I mean it should just be a basic requirement to owning a gun and from there of course, further requirements would be to undergo a background check and then some mental tests. After if you are deemed safe, responsible, mature you get any gun you want.

So just to go into more detail here is my plan for the requirements a person would need to have a gun.

1. A PHD in any subject.
2. A wife/husband with at least an undergraduate degree.
3. A stable and happy social circle and social life.
4. At least one son/daughter.

There is my plan. Because if you think about it. Someone without a university education should not own a firearm. And if my plan was implemented neither would he have to own one because you can be certain he won't be massacred by a happy doctor or happy philospher for that reason.

With my plan only people with maturity, responsibility, and respect would have a firearm. You can be certain a shooting such as the Aurora massacre or any school shooting would be very rare.
edit on 23/7/12 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

The Aurora shooting was done by someone who was working on a PHD so this doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by chr0naut

you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

think about what that actually means.

Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword (Matthew 26:52, King James Version)

It basically means if you create a victim you will become a victim of similar circumstances. Unfortunately, there are to many people who don't mind "creating victims". That being said, if it's all the same to you I'll keep my "sword" on me at all times.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Next would be butcher knives ,Ball Bats ,Machetes , swords ,automobiles , electricity , airplanes motorcycles. Why is this world full of Pansies . In the old days those people would have fallen prey to thugs ,hoodlums or died out for being useless . It was the gun that protected the dainty ones who are scared to death and those who would not stand up for their rights . The UN wants to strip us of all guns so they can treat us the way they want without opposition like England . But the thugs have guns over there . Make no mistake about it the worlds Elite Banksters runs the United Nations . It is a legal tool of the Banksters . And they have caused all of the misery we are experiencing today in the world . reply to post by chr0naut

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join