It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set your doomsday clock now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Earth will be ripped from the sun just before universe blows up
A doomsday timetable predicts what will happen to our universe if mysterious 'dark energy' rips our universe to shreds

The Sun will be destroyed 28 minutes before the end of time and 16 minutes before the final curtain the Earth will explode.

Crispy

In the 'big rip' theory, if the ratio of pressure and density of dark energy falls below -1, it will grow to infinity in a finite period of time.

And because it repels gravity this is bad news for the universe
But no need to worry

At worst, the time remaining before the Universe ends in a big rip is 16.7 billion years.’

cerncourier.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk...
BigRip

Cran

edit on 23-7-2012 by cranspace because: added to

edit on 23-7-2012 by cranspace because: added link

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Mail Online..... right!

Second line

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well I intended living for 17 billion years so this is bad news for me

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Well I intended living for 17 billion years so this is bad news for m

Is that all i was hoping for longer than that
And have added link to post

Cran

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't take the "end of day's" stuff to serious because in most case's

What is refered to as the end of the world is not the destruction of the planet but, the end of human life.
the end of the world is when the earth is destroyed ie end of day's
I don't think the human's on our planet will even end, perhap's there will be global shift's but we will still be here for quite some time.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by x121Delta

I don't think the human's on our planet will even end

First star and welcome to ATS
Well you will have another 17 billion years to reflect on that

Cran

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Big rip or no big rip the sun will go nova in little over 4.5 billion years so the few minutes before stuff is absolute bollocks

Truth is we have more data to suggest the universe will expand forever at an ever increasing rate.... So its more likely to be a big dark freeze rather than a rip caused by mass....

Korg.

edit on 23-7-2012 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

You know if you titled this thread "Set your doomsday clock now for 17 billion years" then I never would have clicked here.

All I see are a bunch of "if's" in this big line of nonsense!! We actually pay these people to come up with this crap!!

People involved in crap like this for billions of years away need to be fired......What kind of cake job is that?? You are never wrong!! Kind of like a meteorologist in my eyes...

40% chance of rain, 30% chance of sun, 20% chance of snow, 10% chance of the end of the world as we know it....

And THEY ARE NEVER WRONG!!! Here let's set their salary at $150,000 and just go up from there for the fine work being done......Sorry about that rant, and a little off topic, but once I get on a soapbox I have to express myself.....

edit on 7/24/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/24/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It may be comsidered shallow of may to say.......But i must.....

Do you think there will be a lot of sales like 90% off and such on the last day of the mayan calender and then on the next day they are all pissed off that the world did not end?

Sorry for post but, i thought it was a nessery question and still on the domesday subject.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is just great!

My cable installer just scheduled me for tuesday, between noon and 4 pm 16.8 billion years from now.

new topics

top topics

join