It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Page and being correct about giving propper credit, need help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I just made a facebook page pertaining to every topic that involves ATS, I feel like alot of people would be interested on these topics.

My question is what would be the proper format to safely give credit the the author and to ATS? Would a link to the thread be enough? Do I need to add in the ATS author's name also? I feel like if people click the link they will see the author anyways, but I don't know what the protocol is.

The page is www.facebook.com... for you interested, it will be updated alot trust me.

Also, if I type all the information(With different words of course) it's totally ok to not leave a link right?

Thanks guys.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
you see the little round badges above every thread in the upper right hand corner...

Wouldn't it be better to funnel your friends to ATS than try to funnel ATS members to your FB page?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
No, because I want the main source of information to come from my Page. People would just look at me as a spam page and not many people would like the page. You need to understand it's alot different than your suggesting.

Also, trying not to steal ATS members, they know this great site already, just want to be able to publish information from this site while giving credit to ATS but also keeping the integrity of my page and eventually own site.
edit on 23-7-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EmperorXyn

I may not actually know what I'm talking about, but I'm gonna pretend like I do.

Originally posted by EmperorXyn

........ to safely give credit the the author and to ATS?.......

As soon as you post a thread, you are giving away all rights to it, and it's content immediately becomes property of TAN. (The Above Network)

Was that very helpful? Nope. Not really. lol.

eta: You might actually be able to find the answers that you seek, somewhere within the Terms & Conditions.

edit on 7/23/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

ing. Also, trying not to steal ATS members, they know this great site already, just want to be able to publish information from this site while giving credit to ATS but also keeping the integrity of my page and eventually own site.

so you want to use ATS content, to establish a competing format to it for your own gain.

How nice of you to think to at least give ATS credit...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Actually probably helped, I need to get permission from the staff instead probably. An email to them may be better. I'm just getting into this sort of stuff and I figured you guys could help me.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Not sure if that's sarcasm, do you think I should drop leaving ATS content on my page? I'm not sure if you think i'm being greedy.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

To be safe follow APA guidelines. That is, give a link and the time and date you retrieved the source from. THis way someone will always know if they have found information that is newer to yours.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

To be safe follow APA guidelines. That is, give a link and the time and date you retrieved the source from. THis way someone will always know if they have found information that is newer to yours.

Thank you bud, this is probably what I was looking for until I get a email back from ATS. Thanks much!

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You're free to copy the whole board elsewhere as long as you abide by the Creative Commons License. Which means you have to specify the author's member name as a member of AboveTopSecret.com; include "The Above Network, LLC" and the member as owners of the content, provide a the title of the thread, and a full URL to the board thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, under the license, you are not allowed to have any ads on the same page. So I think a Facebook page is out despite it being third party ads. It's not clear.

Also, if I type all the information(With different words of course) it's totally ok to not leave a link right?

How much are you changing it? If you get to a point where ATS is one of multiple sources you use, don't worry about the licensing. You should still give your sources though, always. Don't need to be anything as formal as APA though. Just be clear.
edit on 22/8/12 by ConspiracyNut23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
A link to the tread will be enough.

new topics

top topics

join