It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer of Aurora shooting suspect James Holmes's family to address press in San Diego at 1 p.m. PST

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Lawyer of Aurora shooting suspect James Holmes's family to address press in San Diego at 1 p.m. PST

www.nydailynews.com

SAN DIEGO — A lawyer representing family members of the suspect in the Colorado mass shooting plans to hold a news conference Monday in San Diego.

Lisa Damiani plans to meet reporters at 1 p.m. Pacific time.

She’s representing the family of 24-year-old James Holmes, who made his first court appearance Monday in a Denver suburb where he’s being held without bond

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I just wanted to start this thread so it didn't get buried in all of the other threads that are talking about this shooting. I will try to find a live feed link, but am not having any luck at this time.

Has anyone found out what kind of nurse his mom was?

Do we have any more info regarding what his dad's involvment with the DOD was?

Why haven't they released his mugshot yet? I know we were able to see him on video, but why not a mug shot from when he was arrested? Seems weird to me.

Why did his roomates just dissapear?

www.nydailynews.com

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So that's in about 30 mins right?

I'm in UK and trying to get the hours right.

Cheers

link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

here is the entire police dispatch recording from that night and a ton of pictures...." warning" some are graphicLINKthe vid is at the bottom

link   

You have some really good questions...ones that I want answers to also.

I was wondering this morning as I watched the proceedings with him in the courtroom; where is his family? Why aren't they there supporting him...but then I think...maybe they just can't.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They are talking to the faculty of the school at a press confrence. They are talking about how there was only 6 people allowed into the government grant neurosciences program there....and he was one!

one of six

Here is the live feed to this LIVE FEED

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

You have some really good questions...ones that I want answers to also.

I was wondering this morning as I watched the proceedings with him in the courtroom; where is his family? Why aren't they there supporting him...but then I think...maybe they just can't.

Its very sad.

Ya know - - his family are victims too. They're gonna need to protect themselves and his sister.

I can't even imagine what I would be going through if it had been my child.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Does anyone have a feed for the Lawyer press conference?

Cheers

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I can't find one. I was hoping they would go to it on the 9news one.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Try www.9news.com

Link

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It's on here...

media.10news.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

MUGSHOT FINALLY!!!

mugshot

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45

MUGSHOT FINALLY!!!

mugshot

Yikes! He looks tweeked lol.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

MUGSHOT FINALLY!!!

mugshot

I've seen that look before, on a mate of mine who went completely schizophrenic. In fact Holmes' whole demeanor in the courtroom looked exactly like my mate used to act when he'd stay up for days on end and the result being a combination of lack of sleep and an unhinged mind.

It's a crying shame this wasn't dealt with before Holmes snapped.
edit on 23/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I've seen that look before, in a mate of mine who went completely schizophrenic. In fact his whole demeanor in the courtroom looked exactly like my mate used to act when he'd stay up for days on end and the combination of lack of sleep and an unhinged mind.

It's a crying shame this wasn't dealt with before he snapped.

Maybe it was. We don't know.

But - - as a legal adult with no known record of criminal behavior - - - what could have been done?

And if he was on meds - - - he wouldn't be the first to go off them.

I don't see any conspiracy here.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

lack of sleep and an unhinged mind.

It's a crying shame this wasn't dealt with before Holmes snapped.

I find it hard to believe nobody noticed.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Mental illness is not the same as motive. It might be a factor, but not the direct cause. Most schiziphrenic's minds are so scattered they could not possibly have made the elaborate preperations for the act we see in this case.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Maybe it was. We don't know.

But - - as a legal adult with no known record of criminal behavior - - - what could have been done?

And if he was on meds - - - he wouldn't be the first to go off them.

I don't see any conspiracy here.

What I am getting at, and I care not what people think of me for saying this, is that this man should not be given the death penalty. While, yes, I am against the death penalty in general, I feel especially strong in my view against it in this case. This man committed a terrible crime, yes, but killing him is not the answer.

I'll quote kosmicjack in another thread on the issue, it sums up my thoughts perfectly about this tragedy...

Originally posted by kosmicjack

He is pitiful.

I pity him deeply. It makes me cry just looking at him.

He is either extremely insane or he is a patsy. Either way he is a product of our culture. As are all of the poor deceased victims. Of course I cry for them as well.

This is our society's output. The entire episode is shameful from start to finish.

Modern life is so desperate and disconnected that no one stopped this. Not one soul intervened. Not his family and friends. Not his colleagues, people who should have been keenly aware of the symptoms of psychosis. Not the people who took the orders for large amounts of ammo. Not his neighbors or landlord who passed his apartment everyday. No one. No one truly saw him.

He was apparently totally alone in the world. His rage and isolation culminated in this. He sits in court a totally broken soul who cried out in the most horrific way to be seen.

We all see him now. But it's to late for him or his victims and their families.

There is something our society needs to learn from this and it's not just about guns or violence.

edit on 23/7/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

What I am getting at, and I care not what people think of me for saying this, is that this man should not be given the death penalty. While, yes, I am against the death penalty in general, I feel especially strong in my view against it in this case. This man committed a terrible crime, yes, but killing him is not the answer.

I'm not going to argue with that.

I learned a little bit about Schizophrenia from a friend who's daughter was diagnosed. Apparently - it mostly begins in teen years or as a young adult.

Her daughter showed no signs of anything wrong until about age 20. And symptoms develop slowly. It is not an instant diagnoses.

It is possible no one including himself knew he was Schizophrenic.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I just wanted to start this thread so it didn't get buried in all of the other threads that are talking about this shooting. I will try to find a live feed link, but am not having any luck at this time.

Has anyone found out what kind of nurse his mom was?

Do we have any more info regarding what his dad's involvment with the DOD was?

Why haven't they released his mugshot yet? I know we were able to see him on video, but why not a mug shot from when he was arrested? Seems weird to me.

Why did his roomates just dissapear?

www.nydailynews.com

- His mom is a RN and Case Manager at Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside Ca.

- His dad is a software engineer in San Diego with Fair Issac aka FICO. Doesn't look like he has DOD connections from these links..

www.sandiegoreader.com...

content.usatoday.com...

He was raised in an upper class area of San Diego. Many of SD's local pro athlete's live in that general area. He went to school at Westview High School in the Poway School District, probably the best district in San Diego county.

I haven't seen anything about his roomates. Aside from him having two roomates back in 2011 when he moved into the apartment.

This guy was obviously highly intelligent, majoring in Neuroscience and then going into a PhD program. Maybe the stress of the PhD program was too much, possibly disappointing his parents and forcing his withdrawal and sending him over the edge.

They say there's a fine line between genius and insanity.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join