It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mayan calender design on belize olympic uniform.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just caught this on sky news where they were showing off the belize olympic team uniforms which were designed by someone in britain which has the mayan calender incoperated into the design on the back?
Even the reporter says about the mayan design counting down to the end of the world in december?
Surely they would have brought their own kits or had them made in their own country before they arived here in uk ?
Gonna have a search about and see if i can find any other info on this.

Edi. Just found that the belize team asked jeff banks to design the kit s and that belize is near to the aincent mayan settlements.
edit on 23-7-2012 by welshbeliever because: ad

edit on 23-7-2012 by welshbeliever because: sp

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Here are a few things..

What Jeff Banks says about the uniforms:

Having created the uniforms for the winning bid committee in 2007 for Shanghai, Jeff Banks knows a thing or two about winning outfits. The Belize Olympic committee asked Jeff Banks to create their uniforms for the Olympic opening ceremony on July 27th, which will be watched by an estimated 1.5 billion people including some 700,000 Belizeans at home and abroad. They only have 15 competitors so we rank as the smallest nation at the games but are determined to stand out against some of the largest competitors in the world.

“I used the Great Gatsby as my inspiration with a modern touch reflecting the Belize Caribbean sprit” said Jeff. Both men and women will wear Gatsby style blazers in the country national blue with white contrast edging. The men will wear pleat fronted white flannel trousers while the ladies will be wearing white flannel skirts that just touch the knee. Shirts and blouses are in blue and white stripe Sea Island cotton with white collars and ties and scarves in blue white and red national colors. Yvette Jelfs in Scotland hand blocked the Panama hats for the men and Panama cloches for the ladies both trimmed in the national coolers. The blazers carry the national badge produced in gold plated wire by toy kenning & Spencer from Birmingham. One of the badges was recently presented to Prince Harry by chef-de mission, Mr. Owen Sonny Meighan on his recent visit to Belize.

Precious feet are protected by specialty made white nubuck leather shoes for both men and ladies. Jeff has gifted his work to the Belize nation in the Olympic spirit of co-operation.

Source

Picture of the front of their outfits.

Trying to find the back, and a picture of their actual competition uniforms. Which ones are supposed to have Mayan references?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Okay I give up. I can't find anything, news articles or pictures, related to any kind of Mayan images on any Olympic uniforms. The only thing that comes up on Google is this thread. I even tried looking on SkyNews.

Do you have any kind of sources you can link to? And pictures of these uniforms?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by welshbeliever

Hi OP I also saw an interview about the uniforms. This was today 23/07/12 at about 3:00 on Sky news. They again brought up the Mayan theme and said the calendar predicted the 'end of the world'

They really do seem to be pushing the 2012 'Mayan' propaganda, interesting.

They also talked about seeing famous people walking around and eating McDonalds, the news presenter said words to the effect of "surely not, I'm sure they can do better than that" Ha ha I had to laugh. They'll be getting a harsh phone call for that little slip up.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by smithlopezluis

Thanks for finding a picture!

new topics

top topics

join