It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put on Your Thinking Caps, Everybody!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
A study was done that when people put on this "thinking cap" they were more likely to see 40% better results on a test. How neat is this new technology? Or maybe it is horrible, and will be improved for government mind control one day. Tell me your thoughts?

Magic Electrohat

The study in Neuroscience Letters, from the Centre for the Mind at the University of Sydney, found the same thing: none of their test subjects could solve the nine dots problem after a few minutes of trying. But when they equipped half of the test group with an electrode cap that provided weak electrical stimulation to their brains, 40% of the subjects were suddenly able to figure it out. Here's the result, straight from the paper: The majority of studies over the last century find that no participants can solve the nine-dot problem - a fact we confirmed. But with 10 min of right lateralising transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS), more than 40% of participants did so. Specifically, whereas no participant solved this extremely difficult problem before stimulation or with sham stimulation, 14 out of 33 participants did so with cathodal stimulation of the left anterior temporal lobe together with anodal stimulation of the right anterior temporal lobe.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
wow.... I want one of those hats!

I'm having issues right now in my math class so that would be extremely helpful. I wonder if we'll ever see this come to market?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by berbishchanish

Very interesting....wish I had one these when I had to take algabra in school ! Seriously, I would be concerned about the potential long term effects of "zapping" my brain waves. Some drugs can have short term benefits also....but there's usually a price to pay.....plus it's kinda "borgish"....I wouldn't put one on my head.....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Do they come in tinfoil?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I gave it a go but was stumped. Had to click on the answer to figure it out.

Would love one of those machines.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I know! I would have loved one of these in school XD (and I, too, had to peek at the answer to the dot puzzle
)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
wow.... I want one of those hats!

I'm having issues right now in my math class so that would be extremely helpful. I wonder if we'll ever see this come to market?

Keep in mind there are some ... ummm.... math type people around here that can help you out from time to time if you need it

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
I gave it a go but was stumped. Had to click on the answer to figure it out.

Would love one of those machines.

Had a teacher about ....
25 years ago
.... that gave that one to us in school. We figured it out though!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I was in a "gifted class" in elementary school (probably 5th or 6th grade, USA), a temporary diversion from the regular class.

I too was very pissed off that I couldn't figure out the 9 dot thing. At the time it was the first "intellectual" challenge that I'd ever failed at and annoyed when it had such a simple answer.

Since then, I have never forgotten the answer.

A little bit later, my raging-genius grandfather attempted to teach me about transfinite numbers but I was too dumb to understand.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

So the person uses the hat to get good grades then doesn't have it when they get a job. This is a deception and not a real way to gain intellect.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

They needed electrical stimulus so they could do the nine dots puzzle?

...oh my god.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I love giving these to my kids, they really get into them and compete over who can get them first!

www.joe-ks.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Impressively enough, without reading the answer or ever seeing this before, I figured it out within 2 minutes. I am sorta impressed with myself......

Now I will pat myself on the back and reply to the thinking cap portion.

If I am smart enough to figure it out without their cap, which I will make a name for it, "conspiracy cap", then I don't think I would want something like that attached to my body!

As it seems to make you smarter, it is probably brainwashing you subliminaly to help our corrupted government in some way, shape, or form!! People are smarting than they know, and you don't need some crap like this to prove it to yourself!!

Way to get my brain going early though OP.....S&F for the activity!!

top topics

join