It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New lab working on security shoe sole to ID people, experts say it raises privacy questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

PITTSBURGH — High-tech security? Forget those irksome digital eye scans. Meet the biometric shoe.

A new lab is working to perfect special shoe insoles that can help monitor access to high-security areas, like nuclear power plants or special military bases.

The concept is based on research that shows each person has unique feet, and ways of walking. Sensors in the bio-soles check the pressure of feet, monitor gait, and use a microcomputer to compare the patterns to a master file for that person. If the patterns match the bio-soles go to sleep. If they don’t, a wireless alarm message can go out.

Security Shoes

With the recent news of RFID chips being installed in shoes for Bloomingdales and Macys, this is very unnerving. Big Brother is rapidly exceeding my expectations for how fast they are unveiling all of this new technology. What do you guys think? Is this going to start out for security and then be implemented into all footwear? Will we have to wear our security shoes to the airport/mall/movies/bank? Where will it end?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I know everybody is talking about the Colorado shootings, but I thought I would at least get a couple of other people's thoughts on this story.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Interesting story. certainly more proof that the NWO is fully being rolled out for everyone to see. Soon we'll have them openly announcing new "security" measures due to this shooting.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
When it comes to securing my NBC warfare research group, security is a priority.
You see, it's one thing when someone has to steal a cornea.
And it's another for one to sever a hand or finger tip.
That is just the cost of doing business in a high-risk facility.
But sometimes one must draw the line between safety and security.

NO ONE STEALS MY SHOES!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well this went a long ways.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

What happens if I've been sitting on the toilet for too long and my leg goes numb and I start walking funny for the next couple minutes because of the numbness , and then pins and needles.

new topics

top topics

join