It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to detonate explosives at Colorado suspect's home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
First and foremost please forgive me for sounding redundant as I myself find it absurd when some topics get overblown on ATS. I searched the site and didn't find this covered yet, and I refuse to sift through the 1,867 threads already posted on this subject.With that being said, there are just some things that bother me while following some news coverage.

Police probing a Colorado shooting rampage prepared on Saturday to send in a robot to detonate what they called a sophisticated booby-trap in the apartment of a man accused of killing 12 people at a screening of the new "Batman" film.
OK, I see. It makes sense so far.

A law enforcement source told Reuters the suspect had also set a timer to turn on loud music in his apartment - playing the same song over and over again - apparently in an attempt to prompt a complaint and lure police into a trap.
Wait a second. Then why the f@#k would he tell the authorities that his place was rigged? Why would he even go through all the trouble of setting the traps up in the first place? Sometimes I wonder if people are just insulting my intelligence, and doubt my ability to think critically. This seems to happen often, I'm being told one thing all the while I'm actually seeing something entirely different. Reuters ETA: Oh yeah, and where the hell did he learn how to set a trap so sophisticated that trained EOD personnel cannot defuse it?
edit on 21-7-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well, a lot of people on here think that he was a victim of some sort of mind control. I personally think that he may be just a fall guy and really not even be the shooter. The police may want to destroy his apartment to cover up the planted evidence making it harder to identify in the process. This way they can say "its hard to tell but...."

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

That too is a possibility and should'nt be ruled out either

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Could you change your title to : POLICE TO DETONATE THEIR OWN EXPLOSIVES AT COLORADO SUSPECT'S HOME?

second.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
Wait a second. Then why the f@#k would he tell the authorities that his place was rigged? Why would he even go through all the trouble of setting the traps up in the first place?

My initial thought was (and still is) that he knew there was the possibility that he wouldnt live to get arrested.
When you go out to do what he did, you'd have to know that some people in the cinema would be armed, and that all the police would be trigger happy.
The booby traps were probably "something to remember me by".

Originally posted by GD21D
Oh yeah, and where the hell did he learn how to set a trap so sophisticated that trained EOD personnel cannot defuse it?

Actually thats quite easy.
No matter how well trained a professional is, they could never be 100 percent sure what's inside some homebrew device. Tilt switches? Light sensors? Timers? Microphones? These things are all microscopic and ANYONE with electronics knowledge could make some very impossible to debug devices.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Im not sure exactly why, but it (police detonating the shooters house) reminds me of the US dumping OBL's (only the worlds most wanted man) body into the ocean.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vinny5036
Could you change your title to : POLICE TO DETONATE THEIR OWN EXPLOSIVES AT COLORADO SUSPECT'S HOME?
second.
HA! HA! Touche.I try to remain on an even keel, but sometimes information seems to try my patience. Stories such as these are what make me question "official" accounts of events. I do not discount the possibility that he just lost it, but his actions don't completely fall in line with a homicidal maniac. This story kind of reminds me of the story about FBI Agent Stephen Ivens that just walked off into the mountains and fell off the face of the earth. As a matter of fact here is that thread.Stephen IvensWhen I think about it, the stories are kind of similar. Both were by most accounts decent people who seemed to have a breakdown in the months leading up to each event. I know about the mothers claim, but neighbors have claimed that the shooter was quiet and polite, at least that was what I've read on it so far.More than likely there is absolutely nothing linking these events, but then again stranger things have happened.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You know, we haven't had a good conspiracy in ages, so this is new material for everyone to work with. So it doesn't surprise me it is blowing up ATS.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
He got himself a position in the history books among the most accomplished spree killers the world's ever seen. He surrendered in a way that insured he wouldn't even get himself a bruise out of this. Now he gets 3 hots and a cot with fame and infamy. Ugh..... I really think it's that simple here and the Apartment is an extension of whatever fantasy he's playing out for his tag line in the history notes. He seemed to be obsessed with being the Joker? Okay..what chemical based bombs did the Joker use in the movie or comic books, across multiple rooms?

This guy may have duplicated the answer to that question...and I'm no comic book person but people here are and this guy was. So....what bomb does this match of the Comic version or movie version of who he was emulating for his big splash into immortality by media?

edit on 21-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Listening to a scanner feed and they are almost ready to start the operations. They have lots of fire resources on scene, multiple bomb squads, and possibly even DoD EOD

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I venture to guess he's got a spot on death row. I believe Colorado still has the death penalty. His ability to "enjoy" his infamy will be short lived.

Death penalty states.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Actually thats quite easy.
No matter how well trained a professional is, they could never be 100 percent sure what's inside some homebrew device. Tilt switches? Light sensors? Timers? Microphones? These things are all microscopic and ANYONE with electronics knowledge could make some very impossible to debug devices.
I wouldn't say easy, but I will concede that from his field of study he was definitely an intelligent individual. I would think even most civilian EOD personnel are veterans who have seen just about everything that could be thrown at them in terms of explosives. I actually had the pleasure of talking to one, (still in the military from what I understand) and from what he said they've seen it all. Then again not my area of expertise, I certainly don't know everything there is to know about the field.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Looks like they only have 4 persons on death row, and only one execution since 1976.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Homicidal maniac doesn't equate to stupid.

By all accounts this kid was ubersmart. Intelligence and psychosis are a lethal combination.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MuskMan

They may make an exception, I'm thinking... Even if they don't, small dank cell, no contact with outside world...hardly a pleasant place to "enjoy" ones infamy.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by GD21D

Homicidal maniac doesn't equate to stupid.

By all accounts this kid was ubersmart. Intelligence and psychosis are a lethal combination.
I actually got into a conversation with a family member last night about the same subject.Ever notice how the most ruthless psychotics are usually highly intelligent? Like Anders Breivik, really smart, completely insane.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Guy was a neuroscience major. In grad school for his phd doctorate... He knows how to set a trap..

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

I venture to guess he's got a spot on death row. I believe Colorado still has the death penalty. His ability to "enjoy" his infamy will be short lived.

Death penalty states.

That's worse in this case because he is exceptionally intelligent and obviously planned well ahead of time. So, he'd know that being sentenced to death and actually dying of anything but old age outside of Texas and Florida is pretty unlikely. What it does though, is give the Death Row inmate a private cell without all those nasty hassles of general population and Bubba or the stuff that stupid people would suffer...

I'm thinking he might have really been one sick, cold and calculated individual in all this.

Of course..why would anyone want this? ....why would anyone murder so many in the first place? I don't know for either...but he sure did the one.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Yep.

It's been said that there is a fine line, often blurry, between intelligence and insanity. The greater the intelligence, the finer/blurrier the line.

Obviously this one crossed it, or erased it entirely.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You could be right.

...and given the attention span of your average human? This'll be forgotten all too soon.

I guess we'll see. This is one of the times where having a young ambitious DA could be a good thing...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join