It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloodroot - The Amazing Lost Herb

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
*First off I would like to make a disclaimer stating this information is not an alternative for seeking out proper professional medical advice, diagnosis and treatment, and is only for informational purposes.*

I discovered a dark root years ago, that actually bleeds when picked, through a blog and have been fascinated with its results personally. I have removed large black moles from my body with no trace of them ever being there, skintags, and small warts. A word of caution (*Again*) if you decide to try Bloodroot, is to make sure that you keep a triple zinc ointment like Neosporin, or similar on hand, so that when the area scabs over, apply a few times daily allowing the area it to stay soft supple, and bacteria free, thus reducing the scarring.

I have bought dried bloodroot from Ebay, Amazon and have picked it myself, but now I grow it myself, because I feel it’s essential to my herbal repertoire.

I will point out some trade names that bloodroot goes under on amazon, but in no way is this an advertisement for the product, but merely a reference as to the results posted by amazon users. What these poor people do not know is it grows almost everywhere in the USA and worldwide, they just need dig it up and process it correctly.

Blacksalve which is sometimes a mixture of Bloodroot, burdock root, zinc.

Be Very Very Cautious of Black Salves because they are concentrated Bloodroot and other ingredients and they are not all the same concentrations. I personally just use the root by itself only, nothing else.

bloodrootblacksalve.com...

DermaTend® is a the trade name on Amazon.com read the comments there are hundreds of reviews, mostly positive.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342557802&sr=8-1&keywords=dermatend

Bloodroot Wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

“Bloodroot, Sanguinaria canadensis, is a perennial, herbaceous flowering plant native to eastern North America from Nova Scotia, Canada southward to Florida,United States, and west to Great Lakes and down the Mississippi embayment. It is the only species in the genus Sanguinaria, included in the familyPapaveraceae, and most closely related to Eomecon of eastern Asia.

Bloodroot is also known as bloodwort, red puccoon root, and sometimes pauson. Bloodroot has also been known as tetterwort in America, although that name is used in Britain to refer to Greater Celandine (Chelidonium majus). Plants are variable in leaf and flower shape and have in the past been separated out as different subspecies due to these variable shapes. Currently most taxonomic treatments lump these different forms into one highly variable species.”

Commercial uses of sanguinarine and bloodroot extract include dental hygiene products. The United States FDA has approved the inclusion of sanguinarine in toothpastes as an antibacterial or anti-plaque agent.”

Here is a pretty good video of the preparation of a bloodroot salve, although it’s not necessary to go to this extreme, because bloodroot works all by itself very well and that is the only way I have ever used it. Only thing is if I intend to keep a batch for an extended period of time I break open a capsule of zinc and mix it in as a preservative.

This woman is a bit dramatic, but she is correct and this root needs to be respected for its qualities as an alkaloid. Maybe someone else can weigh in on the strength of this formula she is making. Thanks

Part 2

A satisfied individual of Bloodroot/Black Salve on youtube with before, during and after effects.

Here he is later with his skin healed up.

A mixture Realtruth tried and uses.

1) Dried Bloodroot bought from ebay or homegrown, whichever you have access to.

2) Distilled water, just enough to make it into a toothpaste consistancy

3) One capsule of zinc mixed into it as a preservative

4) Before I apply it I lightly rough the surface of the area and only the affected area of the mole or wart, with a nail file, not till it bleeds, but almost to that point. Sometimes I have used a sterilized sewing needle to just prick the surface in multiple spots, so the bloodroot has a chance to penetrate.

5) Leave on for at least 24 hours by covering with a band-aid.

6) After scabbing, I keep ointment on it till the scab fell off, then continue with the ointment for one week.

Another source for Black Salve Application

bloodrootblacksalve.com...

How Bloodroot works.

www.dermatend.com...

How it works
You will be applying DermaTend® daily so the solution can penetrate the abnormal skin. There are three active alkaloids in DermaTend® which attach to the mole, wart or skin tag remove the bad tissue and do no harm to the healthy surrounding skin. Your immune system is alerted and sends White Blood Cells. When the White Blood Cells arrive they recognize the abnormal DNA in the cells and start the body's healing process. This immune reaction causes inflammation, which is an important part of the healing process. The blemish should recede to the level of the skin and turn into a scab. In the case of a flat mole, it should just form a scab. Let the scab heal and fall off on it's own and it will reveal fresh new, healthy skin.

Peace out,

RT
edit on 17-7-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thank you so much for this. I haven't heard of Bloodroot before, but it is something that certainly could be useful in my life. Great job, and much appreciated, cheers!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is a lovely plant. Where I grew up, bloodroot was only easily found for a few days in April when it flowered. Otherwise, the woods made it difficult to locate, it definitely is a "shy" plant as the lady in the video says. I very much enjoyed seeking it out and harvesting it during those times, and I fondly remember the first time I successfully found it. I was so excited! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Thank you so much for this. I haven't heard of Bloodroot before, but it is something that certainly could be useful in my life. Great job, and much appreciated, cheers!

I am a skeptic, but an herbalist too.

When I first heard about it I thought BS, but I tried it on a small elevated mole on the back of my leg. 10 days later it was gone forever. I was stunned to say the least.
edit on 17-7-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Flagged & starred for interest. Never heard of this one before, so thanks Realtruth

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Good post but a warning.

A man I used to know accidentaly scratched a mole. The cancer spread through his body and only a few weeks later he was dead. So I'm not sure the idea of pricking moles is a good one.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

This was my own account and what I did.

Like I said this is for informational purposes only

If anyone has any medical issues they should seek a professional, have it diagnosed and treated properly, especially if it is cancerous.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thanks! Awesome thread. S & F for sure. I love these herbalism threads and it makes me happy that people still find value in the natural medicines, because they really do work. I grow Bloodroot among nearly 100 medicinal herbs, and it is without a doubt one of the most useful I have. This summer has been a little hard on my crops because of the extra heat, but it hasn't been too much trouble for most of them yet. Bloodroot is pretty hardy stuff, generally.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I spent a lot of time looking up information on bloodroot a couple months ago. People who have been diagnosed with cancer have had success with eliminating it with bloodroot.

I had a suspicious spot on my leg and used it. The eschar is close to falling off.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hmm, I make my essential oils almost the same way.

I use the Rick Simpson method..and it does not contain bloodroot.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
According to what I was told in my botany lab, it also contains an opioid which can be extracted, brewed, and ingested as a tea. Never have done it but if true it can cause similar, less intense, side effects as heroine/opium.

***********^^^^^^^DO NOT ATTEMPT^^^^^^^^^************

These are extremely common where I live. They are easiest to find in the spring and summer, in the fall the above-ground portion of the plant dies off so they become nearly impossible to find unless you know where a patch is already growing.
edit on 18-7-2012 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-7-2012 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
WOW that stuff looks amazing...........anybody know if it grows in Alaska?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hmm I have a mole on my back and on my face which I would like removed , If only I knew a little more about bloodroot I would try this
I dont think it grows in scotland , I might however order it online and try it !

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I have some skin tags I have been thinking about trying this on, have looked into buying off of ebay. The link to this thread showed up on my FB so I am going to take it as a sign to try it on these skin tags I hate so much

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by moonshinegrrl

Odd thing is I woke up one mornign with a skin tag in my armpit , I didnt know what it was and had already played about with it with no though to it at all , it kind of shrivelled up and fell off !

My dad said that a guy at his work just used to tie a piece of thin string around it and strangulate it until it just fell off !

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Very cool!

I have used Prid my whole life and it works for everything from splinters to spider bites. It is a "drawing salve" made of mostly coal tar I think.

I will definitely be checking out the blood root now. Can you tell us what herb to plant to have this root? Is the flower in your picture called bloodroot?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Check this out GRA..

plants.usda.gov...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

When I get home, I'm going to take a picture of some wild "weeds" that grow in my shrubs, and down the little wet weather stream along th side of my property. They look identical to that. They are white flowers, where the petals kind of hang down from the middle bulb. I'm hoping those are the bloodroot plant, but if not, I plan to plant some.

Looking closer at the pics, I don't think my weeds are the bloodroot. The petals in those pics cup upwards around the center whereas mine hang down away from the center.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I live in Europe and i heard about Bloodroot only a few days ago. While researching this herb i find a similar plant that we have here in the old continent:

Greater Celandine

I managed to find them in the local forest. Huge colonies in half dark, half sunny places. Flowers are gone but you can identify them from their leaves. If you arent sure about it just cut the stem. It bleeds yellow.

The Herb (short video)

Yellow blood (.jpg)

I thought this might help some members.

And thank you OP! I can't give flags yet but you got my star.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Solarize because: wrong video link

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
DermaTend is good stuff! I've used it to remove skin tags and moles. Follow the directions for best results. I highly recommend it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join