It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having Hard Time Getting to ATS Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have noticed this is happening more and more, but I 'm having trouble getting to ATS's web site, yahoo says no we won't let you, I have to bypass Yahoo.

Now It took me twenty minutes to get to ATS and I had to use internet explorer instead of fire fox. Windows Internet Explorer kept saying, it was forbidden or some crap. I just Incknorided it and it finally went away. But it was almost like I was doing something illegal or something.

This was the worst, but is something going on that I am not aware of. I have not changed any of my settings or this to be my fault.

I did a small search, but I didn't see anything going on that was current.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now bookmark it. Use Google. Use Chrome. ATS is usually the first or second result if you use Google. Which you should, because it's better.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I have never had a problem with getting here, then again I generally use bookmarks to get here. I only use firefox these days, wouldn't touch IE with a thirty foot pole.
edit on Mon, 16 Jul 2012 19:25:48 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I have had this happen before. You may be having a "cookie fight" . Cookies from one web site will mess with cookies form other web sittes. Clear you cookies folder and IE temp folder and clear you history. You will lose the pass word auto login but after you re-login youwill be OK.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Thanks Yous

I had this book marked, but some how that disappearred.
I know just about everyone uses Fire fox or something other than IE, buts you can'ts get google on fire fox or aleast I was not able on the one I have been running.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Which version of FF are you using?
I know not everyone updates frequently...but I am under the impression that older versions tend to not work properly.

The current latest version is 13.0.1

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

whaaat? can't get google on firefox? i think you need to update or something, cause google is my primary search engine on my firefox. i'm using 13.0.1 ....oh and here's an update so i'll make this quick. i think you need to run your AV scanner, clear your cache and cookies and get rid of any downloaded search bars. use only the search function that firefox gives you. you can use several different search engines in it via plugins. there's no need to be using those old "search bars" that you download and find in your programs list in the add/remove programs. they just eat up resources you don't have to be wasting on them.

tata for now as i update lol.

top topics

join