It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Boeing 787 a military op?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Boeing 787 flop that fell behind schedule and hasn't been mass produced yet even with aircraft orders...

Was it a cover to build a Squadron of YF-23's to counter China's stealth fighter?

They could have hid the fact they built a Squadron of YF-23's with the massive amount of carbon fiber/advanced carbon composites the Boeing 787 project was using. Maybe the reason the 787 fell behind is the materials were being diverted to another project?

Do you think we could possibly have an entire Squadron of YF-23's hidden somewhere's?

The F-22 isn't long legged (low range) for Pacific Ocean warfare against China. The YF-23 is like the F-111 we used to have, longer range and fast. Just better with stealth. I am guessing we have a new fighter....surely would explain the Boeing 787 fiasco wouldn't it??????

edit on 15-7-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

No.

A major corporation would never deliberately undermine its commercial product line in such a way. The reputation damage is immense, never mind the penalty payments.

If they wanted to build YF-23s in secret they would and nobody would be any the wiser. Although they wouldnt, that project is deader than the pythons parrot.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
(catches breath) Wow.... I'd never had reasons to look at this little guy while spec'ing all the aircraft for the stuff I've put together with articles about Iran and the war. Nothing we have right now gives me anything but a sinking 50/50 crap shoot feeling for offensive action against Iran.

.....but this one.. Ohh.. Now, if they've been hiding away a real number of these somewhere and they really work as advertised, down the line... Hey, that makes me feel much much better.

(It would also show a level of forward thinking I'm not sure we have right now..but...I'd love this)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by Pervius

No.

A major corporation would never deliberately undermine its commercial product line in such a way. The reputation damage is immense, never mind the penalty payments.

If they wanted to build YF-23s in secret they would and nobody would be any the wiser. Although they wouldnt, that project is deader than the pythons parrot.

Boeing would be happy as a pig in pooh to have the YF-23 ordered by the Pentagon and would scrap its entire 787 fleet for the opportunity to take the top stop from Lockheed. A contract like that is massive money compared to commercial sales.

edit on 15-7-2012 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Interesting thought!! I think if the US wanted a Squadron, they would have it or do have, under a black project. I wouldnt count the US short of anything, as much money as the GOV spends

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

reply to post by Pervius

No.

Boeing would be happy as a pig in pooh to have the YF-23 ordered by the Pentagon and would scrap its entire 787 fleet for the opportunity to take the top stop from Lockheed. A contract like that is massive money compared to commercial sales.

edit on 15-7-2012 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

Nonsense.

The dominant commercial aircraft maker would not cede commercial dominance to its competitor and make itself look like a bunch of incompetent ass-hats purely to 'provide cover' for a small niche fleet of military products.

If we were talking the JSF programme and its numbers, maybe. But a programme of that magnitude wouldn't be secret.

This year at Farnborough Boeing announced $35 Billion in commercial sales.

This idea is a fantasy chaps. Its a fun one, but a fantasy nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Pervius

No.

Though the original project was scrapped, YF-23 PAV-2 has been brought back out of retirement multiple times by Northrop for a couple of projects. The last time, I believe; to test the feasibility of its use as a bomber.

As for the theory of hiding it behind the 787. That's really stretching things. As others have noted, it would be far easier, more secure and less expensive, just to hide it like they have always done all these years. I note the F-117 project as a prime example of hiding entire squadrons of a black aircraft.
edit on 7/15/2012 by DesertWatchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
No way. Boeing simply bit off more than they thought with the Dreamliner. If the gov't wanted to build the YF-23 in secret, they would. They'd simply build them and bury the money somewhere in the budget. They've done it before, and they'll do it in the future. The 787 was revolutionary in design, and it had too many eyes on it to hide something else behind it.

The simply reason that the 787 fell behind is that they were trying to have the whole project done in just a few short years, and were way too optimistic, and built way too tough of a schedule into it.
edit on 7/15/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
No way. Boeing simply bit off more than they thought with the Dreamliner. If the gov't wanted to build the YF-23 in secret, they would. They'd simply build them and bury the money somewhere in the budget. They've done it before, and they'll do it in the future. The 787 was revolutionary in design, and it had too many eyes on it to hide something else behind it.

The simply reason that the 787 fell behind is that they were trying to have the whole project done in just a few short years, and were way too optimistic, and built way too tough of a schedule into it.
edit on 7/15/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

Primarily, their management decided on "outsourcing" huge sections of the production despite serious objections from their engineers who were concerned with the major integration difficulties. Guess who was right?

It seems as though the better process would be to start by building most of it themselves and when the first run is shaken down and specifications hardened then it would be time to open more production sites and suppliers.
edit on 16-7-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

They also planned a ridiculous flight test schedule. Even if they built everything at home they would have had trouble meeting the schedule they planned. It would have required everything to go perfectly, and we all know how often that happens.

top topics

join