It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: How Many Have Switched from Extraterrestrial Hypothesis to Interdimensional?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I try to keep the conspiracy as simple as I can.

Since its quite possible for humans to make it to another planet already, however impractical, its equally possible for somebody from another planet to make it here using similar methods.

Why bother jumping through dimensions to get here when a simple rocket will work?

Because using similar methods has already showed us we aren't going very far using them. We'll be extremely lucky to see any sort of manned flight to Mars (notice how it keeps getting pushed out). Even if we colonized the moon, terraformed Mars and started living there, we just saw one of our earliest probes launched in the early 70's reach the end of our solar system. We're not going much further than our back yard anytime soon. Given that slap in the face, I find it more likely that ET would be inter-dimensional or multi-dimensional. .

That's a lot of sandwiches to pack, and a great deal of physical problems for humans (loss of bone structure, loss of vision due to occular degeneration). We were not built for space travel. However, maybe we could crack the key to slipping in and out of dimensions.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

As long as they are not inhabitants of Earth earlier than humans, they are alien. Offensive would be only a claim that humans are the first species and deserve the Earth, that would offend species older than the humans. If they are not from this universe and the dmimension is not Earth, then they are alien.

It is ridiculous how some see the word 'alien' in the same bearing as 'demons' No, aliens is the scientific and real definition of what other beings would be called, not some words taken from religion.

Ok so you believe in dimensions, and don't believe in contactees who communicate with beings and tell them they come from another star system? I do not believe dimensions until any proof such thing exists,. but since you believe in it, then how about believing people who communicate with them and tell them a planet from one of the Pleiades and so on? It's not any less crazy than believing contactees

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Cosmic jokers? Maybe the joke is on you ---- lol. Just joking...FireMoon.

Seriously....I personally have to rely on my own cosmic realities, of my experience's with the other-worlder's. That is: A confidence, that what I saw, was an other-worlder starship. Inter-dimensions aside --- The starship that appeared before my own eyes in 1976, has forced me to come to the conclusion --- That since the other-worlder's have "been there done that," on our planet, they would have to have a starship capable of super-luminal [faster than light] speeds.

Current theory on wormholes: You would need the force of a super nova explosion --- to create a wormhole. The wormhole would be so fragile --- that as soon as your starship entered the wormhole, the wormhole would collapse unto itself.

The starship would have to be photon powered. That is: The only fuel capable of interstellar journey's --- fusion plasma aside, [meant for night-OPS] --- would be to feed a photon gravitational engine, that sucks in starlight photons and expels them with tremendous thrust. The starship would easily get to the speed of light --- and would break the speed of light barrier, [protected by a gravitational shield,] when the photons are sucked in faster than the speed of light, and increases speed, exponentially squared; into the super-luminal realm.

Cheers,

Erno86

edit on 16-7-2012 by Erno86 because: added a few words

edit on 16-7-2012 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 16-7-2012 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I believe because of the size of the universe and the most likely existance of more than one dimension , there are multidimensional and extra terrestrial beings !

and then more that we cant even explain!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Interesting indeed and thanks for sharing your own experience. It's a tender subject and I'd hate to think we missed out on some jewel of information because someone felt somehow "intimidated" by the tone of the thread. So far, have really enjoyed reading said thread, it's not often we can broach such a contentious subject without two distinct camps forming and then each, hiding behind their own ramparts and simply shouting at each other.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

i've previously written about my experiences
in other threads so i won't take the time to do it here.
maybe it is my own perception but when i hear someone talk about ID.
i think entities that are more "spiritual" or "ghost-like" in nature, lacking physical form.
the ones i've encountered in my life are physical beings.
asking the question "where do you come from?"
is met with exasperation.
they are very secretive.
though the tall one did mention that he came from a "place beyond your understanding".

hope that helps.

RE: Firemoon.
i don't find this thread intimidating in the least.
it has been an enjoyable read overall.

edit on 16-7-2012 by notkmarx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
reply to post by The GUT

As long as they are not inhabitants of Earth earlier than humans, they are alien. Offensive would be only a claim that humans are the first species and deserve the Earth, that would offend species older than the humans.

In that case then we would be the "Aliens." And so, if they were here first, then they would still be offended by being called "Alien" presumably. It's really not a nice word at all in any of it's connotations now that I come to think about it.

Reminds me of the oh-so-true-true joke that goes: America has always had an Illegal Alien problem...just ask the Native American. (Of which I'm a member, btw. I just play an Asian on T.V. er, I mean ATS.)

It is ridiculous how some see the word 'alien' in the same bearing as 'demons' No, aliens is the scientific and real definition of what other beings would be called, not some words taken from religion.

There's that racial slur again, "Aliens." Joke.

All opinions--and that is what we are discussing in this thread unless you have some "proof" you've kept from us--are welcome here. If any of us get too bratty we probably deserve any heat we get. It's been a very enjoyable thread for me. Even being called a "moron" by kman.
And even he made nicey-nice.

Ok so you believe in dimensions, and don't believe in contactees who communicate with beings and tell them they come from another star system?

Hey! Don't put words in my mouth. Unless I misunderstand you. I happen to believe that some of the Contactees are indeed in touch with intelligences on the other side of the "dimension."

I just haven't seen sufficient evidence for myself that such contact has proven profound...or even trustworthy, as of yet.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by notkmarx

I was interested enough to dig through most of your 18(?) posts and I saw you mention the greys in one--and robots--then in another you questioned a poster if it wasn't all in the mind. Of course "In the mind" and real at the same time is very possible as I see it.

Kind o' like holding the ETH and the IDH simultaneously as many have stated here on the thread. You might find, as I do, Skyfloating's Alien Abduction: An astral phenomenon? a truly intriguing & well-developed read.

I see you have an appreciation, like me, for The Shrike...even though he is somewhat of a pill to swallow at times. He grew on me and provides an important viewpoint. He has a pretty interesting background, too, btw.

Like you, I find any alleged entity's reluctance to answer questions or provide verifiable details to be suspicious. IF the Grays exisist, it would take one heck of an explanation before I'd let 'em watch the kids if'n you know what I mean.

Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

flashtrum --- Human beings...can overcome the physical problems of space travel, by the creation of artifical gravity on the starship. And what better shape than a flying saucer too create an artificial gravity? Obviously... the steady rotation of a disc shape will create centrifugal gravity. Which leads me to believe: That the living quarters on the saucer craft are located near the outer edges of the disc.

Psychological mental health problems --- are another story; indeed!!!
edit on 16-7-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Human Ego's perception of realities lol. Whatever we can theorize im pretty sure its bigger than anyone on this planet can imagine or fathom.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maarhuis

Succinctly & well stated. Maybe, just maybe, we can acieve a glimmer of perception, however?

Whoops...there goes my ego.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Why not both?

I think there's both. Me thinks they have mastered the ol' interdimensional travels by now.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by knightwhosaysnih

Them...and Homer.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have recently.

It was the footage of that nasa tether. Alot of those ufo's look possibly like organisms. Not to mention the crop circle that appeared in Hampshire, that is a doozy. And how some ufo cases has the undertones of the paranormal.

Made sense to add them to equation since we don't know anything.. yet.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
My very first reply on this forum!

I have been reading a lot -for a couple of years!- but never had the urge to reply that bad. So there it is:

I think we are limited by our imagination.

Have you ever read about type III or Type IV civilizations?

I really believe that there are many layers of vibrating stuff, many frequencies of energies, and many time-continuum, or time-space to consider, and for a lack of better word, that is multi-dimensionnal.

For civilizations types, search the indiadaily web site -here is a starter link:
www.indiadaily.com...

Also, the alien mind book -a free ebook available for download- is a mind opener.
alienmindbook.org...

...All right. All this stuff maybe complete BS.

...but we have to feed our imagination, somehow.

And the only thing I am sure, is that there is more out there that we can imagine...

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
hands up here.
main reason why for myself if, i have always wondered how "they" can travel so fast and such sizable distance in such short amount of time so, it lead me to this theory that they are interdimensional.
very simple.

ps, got that theory from skully. lol
i love the xfiles. -_-
edit on 16-7-2012 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I thought my point was clear. You don't need to come up with technology capable of going through dimensions to get to another planet. It doesn't have to be a rocket, but some form of propulsion is all that is necessary to get from one planet to another. Whether or not its impractical to do so depends upon the technology and mindset of the individuals going on the trip.

IMO, over-thinking the hows on the subject leads many people to conclude UFO reports have no merit. Literally thinking extraterrestrial visitation into the realm of science fiction because they cannot imagine it happening given our own limitations. People like Jacques Vallée seem to me to keep those believing in this subject running in circles rather than concentrating on the physical reality of reports.

Just my opinion, anyway. Keeping the subject simple, understandable, and within our own physical reality goes much farther in credibility than adding even more speculation on the hows and whys.
edit on 16-7-2012 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lovizall

Welcome to ATS, lovizall! Thanks for the thoughts and links. Aand it's an honor that you contributed here first...and I got to give you your first star.

That's the second time I've got to do that ever and both on this thread. What fun!

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

I thought my point was clear. You don't need to come up with technology capable of going through dimensions to get to another planet. It doesn't have to be a rocket, but some form of propulsion is all that is necessary to get from one planet to another. Whether or not its impractical to do so depends upon the technology and mindset of the individuals going on the trip.

Between the speeds required, Frith, and some form of shielding and/or evasive ability to avoid being clobbered by some space junk, it's rather hard for me to personally conceive that "hardware" at the moment. Doesn't mean some E.T. hasn't mastered it I admit.

IMO, over-thinking the hows on the subject leads many people to conclude UFO reports have no merit. Literally thinking extraterrestrial visitation into the realm of science fiction because they cannot imagine it happening given our own limitations. People like Jacques Vallée seem to me to keep those believing in this subject running in circles rather than concentrating on the physical reality of reports.

I feel ya, but so far E.T. is science fiction as far as we're concerned and under-thinking can be as big a trap as over-thinking, I think. And then there are those high-strangeness cases that seem to defy the "physical reality reports" you mention.

And speaking of high-strangeness cases, I wonder how many are familiar with the fact that many "Ufologists" have left those aspects out of their reports. Seems rather deceitful and unprincipled to me. I wonder why that is and what effect it's had on how we look at the subject?

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i feel like most things are never black or white, they're usually grey... it's probably a mixture of extra-terrestrial beings that have found the ability(spiritually/technologically) to go inter-dimensional... I'd expect some races or species still are extra-terrestrial and haven't got to the point in their civilization to go inter-dimensional... just my little thought.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join