It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Radio discuss stopping the rain for the London Olympics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I just thought i'd share this bbc radio discussion from 11th july 2012 on cloud seeding, please visit the link below

www.bbc.co.uk...

BBC Radio 5 liveBreakfast asked Jim Dale, senior risk meteorologist at British Weather Services, if it is possible to stop the rain from falling.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Could they find a way, to send some of that rain, here to the United States ?

Now that would be something, as we are experiencing severe drought, in many places.......

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

thats exactly what i was thinking, if they say they can create rain too so why are they not doing it in places that need it, am i right in saying that 2/3 of america are suffering from a drought?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Well, we all saw what happened when Ukraine used 'cloud seeding' to prevent rain affecting the Euro Football finals

Whatever some may claim, not even Springsteen can stop the rain

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985
reply to post by sonnny1

thats exactly what i was thinking, if they say they can create rain too so why are they not doing it in places that need it, am i right in saying that 2/3 of america are suffering from a drought?

You can't create rain.

At best we can seed rain bearing clouds which some (those who sell the process) claim increases the amount of rain over and above what would naturally fall. This in turn may mean that less rain falls 'downstream' - which in turn is why a lot of people don't like cloud seeding.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
btw whilst China claims to have seeded clouds to reduce rainfall, there is no more evidence that is worked than there is that by placing large traps in their fridges they prevented elephants from eating all their cheese. But who knows?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

hello, thank you for your reply, but i recently found the following vid on youtube that was shown on top gear, you might want to watch this,

let me know what you think,

thank you

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
You can do much the same by running the shower in the bathroom and closing the door

In cold weather, the same effect produces what is known as power station snow (and I've known trains, sitting in a station, to cause the same)

Not sure what this has to do with preventing rain?
edit on 14-7-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

You can't create rain.

hello, you said in one of your replies to me that we can't make it rain, my reply to you was showing you how rain is being artificially created, is hope this answers your question below,

Not sure what this has to do with preventing rain?

thank you

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Cloud seeding.
I imagine many would be against this as it is chemtrails, I thought we hated chemtrails.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

reply to post by sonnny1

You can't create rain.

At best we can seed rain bearing clouds which some (those who sell the process) claim increases the amount of rain over and above what would naturally fall. This in turn may mean that less rain falls 'downstream' - which in turn is why a lot of people don't like cloud seeding.

It may also lead to rain falling sooner than it otherwise would, and so in the right place, which the main benefit of cloud seeding I believe. James May demonstrated this in Man Lab. He was actually trying to make it snow, but hey ho

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I imagine many would be against this as it is chemtrails, I thought we hated chemtrails.

hello, i completely agree with you on this, i didn't mean to seem like i was promoting weather manipulation, which i can see that my comments did imply, really i just meant that if they are going to engineer the weather why not do it for good things like preventing droughts, but instead they use it for special events like the damn olympics, although from my understanding even manipulating the weather to prevent a drought would only have a knock on effect on the weather somewhere else in the world, i am 100% against geo engineering, they are playing God, and that is not on

edit on 14-7-2012 by Minnie1985 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Except it really isn't chemtrailing by any description. At all

reply to post by Minnie1985

But given the equipment that was required to create rain in that video, do you actually think it is practical to do it on demand?

It was a byproduct from testing a Shuttle engine, it's not a service

edit on 14-7-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

hello, you said in one of your replies to me that we can't make it rain, my reply to you was showing you how rain is being artificially created, is hope this answers your question below,

Yes, you can create precipitation in your bathroom

And even outdoors with enough machinery

In winter, a car will do ...... Though it's not so spectacular.

But in order to make it rain from the sky, you need to change atmospheric conditions at higher levels miles above us - and we can't yet do that, whatever youtube may tell you. Although maybe 100,000 of those machines used in the video, floating 6 miles above Britain, might work?

Most of us don't even think cloud seeding makes much difference. And cloud seeding only works if it was going to rain anyway.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Cloud seeding.

Cloud seeding is chemtrails in the same way that I am the manger of Manchester Utd Football Club

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Here's a link to a weather modification company that's been around for awhile.

North American Weather Consultants, Inc.

From their fast FAQ page: in 1970, they claim to have 'pioneered' a practice called 'private meteorology' in the U.S.

We offer the full range of cloud seeding capabilities, including ground-based and airborne seeding systems, appropriate support systems, and ground-based and airborne seeding plume tracking, using tracer technology.

And you can bet they do offer these things and deliver them as well - down to remote detonation by cell phone. They will also cause snow and get rid of fog and they'll do it for the government, company's, municipalities, foreign countries and private parties both domestically and internationally.

It's a wonderful idea to make a thread about this because a lot of people don't really know how cutting edge, state of the art and completely invasive weather modification has become. Want to really get your annoying neighbor down the street? Why not order up a biblical flood?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
reply to post by g146541

Except it really isn't chemtrailing by any description. At all

But given the equipment that was required to create rain in that video, do you actually think it is practical to do it on demand?

It was a byproduct from testing a Shuttle engine, it's not a service

edit on 14-7-2012 by waynos because: (no reason given)

Well, it may not be a service, but it is guaranteed. Next step...how to stop the rain,

www.huffingtonpost.com... courtesy of The Times.

Notice how the weatherman only says "jetstream in part to blame" he knows more methinks.

Too late says BP, we gotcha' in 2010... no link I'm afraid.

edit on 14-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Technically, it's not rain - any more than condensation in your bathroom is rain

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What the point in having it in London then.

I want to see the Rainy Olympics . I think it would be unique for England to host an Olympics where their home weather comes in to play for all athletes.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

From their fast FAQ page: in 1970, they claim to have 'pioneered' a practice called 'private meteorology' in the U.S.

Wow,....

NAWC received the American Meteorological Society's prestigious "Award for Outstanding Services to Meteorology by a Corporation" in 1970 for pioneering the practice of private meteorology in the United States.

www.nawcinc.com...

You do know what private meteorology is right?

"Private sector meteorology" refers to for-profit organizations that employ meteorologists. Examples include media meteorologists; in-house meteorologists employed by air pollution, agricultural, or energy companies; and meteorologists employed by commercial weather companies. "Commercial meteorology" is a subset of private sector meteorology and refers to for-profit companies that sell meteorological products or services to third parties. Examples include Accu- Weather, Digital Cyclone, Surface Systems, WSI, and WeatherData.

weatherdata.com...

And being as it was 1970, I will almost bet they were the one and only at that time. Private meteorology as you can see from above that there is nothing covert or special about the word.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join