It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growth of Earth's core may hint at magnetic reversal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Lopsided growth of the Earth's core could explain why its magnetic field reverses direction every few thousand years. If it happened now, we would be exposed to solar winds capable of knocking out global communications and power grids.

Well, with the way modern life works and runs this would have quite an effect on us..

There are signs that the next switch may be under way: rapid movements of the field's axis to the east in the last few hundred years may be a precursor to the north and south poles trading places, the researchers speculate.

"They are suggesting very cautiously that maybe this rapid change is somehow suggestive of us going into a reversal event," he says. "You could imagine if the field were to collapse it would have disastrous consequences for communication systems and power grids."

In the interest of balance the researchers do say its is very difficult to predict with current scientific methods.

NEW SCIENTIST

So i sit thinking....

Did they know this 'might' happen? have the bail outs and financial collapse been instigated to harvest money from the planet? as a contingency fund? ready for possible disaster?

does this have a 2012 link?

Is a rapid switch possible? i thought it happen over a long time? but i also remember seeing evidence of rapid switches in the past.

or will we all be laughing in 2013 about how stupid everyone was just like Y2K.?

Myself i lean towards the latter but i humbly ask you all for your opinions and thoughts on an article that for once is published on a reputable site.

Q

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

S+F
Well,many countries have been investing megabucks in deep underground bunker systems since WW2.
We could attribute that to weapons development countermeasures,but maybe there is something more.

I have read a certain account of Cappadocia in modern day Turkey,where they built over 20 levels deep in times as early as 10 000 BC.
Some theory's attribute this to pre knowledge of massive earth changes-possibly volcanic/tectonic in nature.
The people hid underground.

That was long ago,but it will happen again I think.
Maybe not for millenia,or maybe next week.
No one really knows.
So better to be prepared just in case.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Im on the fence.... Could it happen over time? Yes. Could a reversal happen in an instant? I say yes again. We have history accounts that go waaaay back to a myth like time. Were they myths, history or both?

What evidence is there that tells us about a reversal? There is in my opinion conflicting results and opinions on the subject. Who knows....

I have no idea whats going on but I have a feeling and this feeling tells me there is so much more than meets the eye in regards to what our leaders know and what we think we know.

Is something on the horizon for us as this huge date comes closer the end of the year or...... Is it just fear mongering? Again, who knows.

Im thinking the best thing we can do is live our life, love and receive love and smile.

Our last breath awaits one day, we know this for sure. Hopefully when this time comes We will not see Hades. Lol

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's happening now. And the rate of change is increasing, and for all we know it could flip tomorrow.

I done a thread about this here

Very good vid about this subject.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Oh thanks for the thread link and video.... Will check it out in a few but can you go into more detail with your thoughts before I charge my iphone and watch/ read? I have about 10 percent battery so it will take more time for me to charge, watch, read than it will for you to elaborte on your thoughts... Lol thanks in advance if you can and if you cant I do understand time constraints. :-)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Only just saw your post, maybe your all charged now?
A pole shift could take another 1000 years, or it may happen tomorrow, but it is definatley happening.
Pottery reveals that the strength of the field has weakened by 10% in the last 300 years and this decline is now speeding up.
Evidence suggests that as it weakens it will quite suddenly flip so for all we know it may happen tomorrow.
People will tell you that it takes thousands of years and they are correct, however we know the reversal normaly happens about every 200,000 years, and the last one happened 780,000 years ago. As you can see we are massively overdue. Now consider that its weakened by 10% in the last 300 years!

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The important part of the article is that a model has been presented for a mechanism for a magnetic reversal.

The lesser issue is the effect of that change. According to the article:

You could imagine if the field were to collapse it would have disastrous consequences for communication systems and power grids.

Life on Earth is not affected. The fossil record tells us that.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
after 3 minutes search, it seems this subject is only articulating on Conspiracy blog sites.

the expanding theory has been debunked.

sorry for the Donny Downer point of view.

by all means, dont let me stop you from raving on about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think my biggest problem with all this is the fact that while Earth does flip it's magnetic poles form time to time, some people seem to not get the distinction and are convinced that this means that the planet itself flips over on it's side causing huge issues, which is simply not the case.

Gonna echo stereologist here and state loudly, Life survives something like this, it's happened before, just not at our level of tech, which of course would for a few weeks or up to a month be affected greatly..

Think of it like a month long camping trip. .

top topics

join