It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russians are coming ??? 2012 Russian Victory Parade with commentary...some interesting observat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

2012 Russian Victory Day Parade.

I am still watching as I type. Couple of interesting things of notes.

RTs reporters, are they Americans' or are they just so good with their english they have no accent? One sounds completely American in accent, but keeps speaking as if he is a Soviet/Russian.

Putin's speech refered as much to defeating Nazism as it does to Russia's moral rights in foreign policy today....made me think they were 'getting ready to roll" at points.

The reporters refer to the Soviet Union, actually quite a bit and in the past I think they were trying to get away from that. At the end of his Putin's speach, they play the SOVIET national anthem......maybe they have always doen that, but I just found it odd. Intertesting to see.

After Putin's speach, it

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

After Putin's speach, it... it's... it's The Monty Putin Circus Show!

It's...

edit on 13-7-2012 by TheNamesZeppelin because: 2nd line...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Wow

when was the last time the US marched like that

China is impressive to
very disciplined soldiers

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think the commentators are one american and one russian...but the american sounds like a freakin' collaborator....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with this. Seems just like a basic display of power.

Also, the Russians did do a hella lot of good to help defeat Nazi Germany so I am sure that a celebration day such as this is worth having(just like how we have our victory days).

Also considering how Russia liberated a lot of Nazi territories(and internment camps) it is safe to say that we should celebrate too.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I know it makes me a hypocrite but there is just something about military parades i find entertaining.

Wish they did that in UK and USA

3:20 lmao that guy in front was to enthusiastic with his chin

edit on 13-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The often ru nning joke is the US trains for war not parades.

Desert Storm Homecomnig was the last real big parade with armor and stuff rolling around. Armor tears up the streets.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
V day parade was something like a month or so ago.Standard parade,they are always grandios.The American Army was also presant at this year's Aniversary in Russia as guest's.RT is a Russian network with english speaking comentators from around the globe.Don't take this as a threat or a build up against the West.That's a different issue.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Not so much a threat....but usually they stay away from that stuff in recent years...were Putin did a little grandstanding....

And the western commentor just sounded like way to much of russian/soviet homer for me.....

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Sorry Op, but I had to revert back to 2nd grade thinking to just to read your post. It also looks like you failed to finish your main Intro thread as well. Also, what point are you trying to make in this thread? That a Russian has a very clear english accent?

(After Putin's speach, it) It what?

edit on 13-7-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2012 by imagineering because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

usa trains for invasion ,occupation and genocide of third world.Russia prepares for nuclear and biological warfare.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
reply to post by Ben81

The often ru nning joke is the US trains for war not parades.

Desert Storm Homecomnig was the last real big parade with armor and stuff rolling around. Armor tears up the streets.

I was thinking those Russians must build some darned good streets. I used to love to watch the parade and try to tell what was real and what was mocked up.

join