It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have OceanExplorers.se lost all dignity now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well, since its now been a year since the Baltic USO was first announced, Do you think there is any dignity left, especially after now OceanExplorers have created an online shop to once again maximise revenue, or do you think this is 'fair game' to help fund there expeditions.

I personally thought the object may of been a real find when i first heard about it, but as father time has dragged on, i can see every last bit of respect being squeezed out of it, and shoved into a bank account, and more and more i see it as a more of a marketting tool than a real expedition.

edit on 12-7-2012 by kevbrownuk because: added image

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kevbrownuk

As everyone know, there was a document on their website that was hidden but you could google it. It was to their stockholders or board (something like that) saying they would do anything to maximize the attention they got to milk the audience. Not nice people, those Ocean X people.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

For me, it's been like reading a novella, spread out over monthly installments. The first few chapters showed promise of something very exciting. . But, over time, it disintegrated into a mishmash of badly written nonsense.

I expect to see a history or discovery channel promo on the whole fiasco soon.

Des

edit on 12-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i think the documentary is being made by a company called Titan but i might be wrong on that

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Waay to early for that kind of nonsense. Just a few weeks ago new threads popped up about them loosing power to electronics and all that. Certainly not a whole year.

And regarding the money thing; where do you think this kind of funding comes from. Those guys are out there technologically packed to the tee and those kind of toys dont come cheap.

If engineers had their way every car would have a turbocharger and infra red head up display units, but the marketing department (the bean counters) will just sell them is extras. This is corporate America and no matter what you are researching, he who has the money makes the rules.

Even in average newspapers there's always a constant war between content and advertising. The profit has to be made somewhere.

As for this thread, I dont see why something like money should completely discredit what they are investigating.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Waay to early for that kind of nonsense. Just a few weeks ago new threads popped up about them loosing power to electronics and all that. Certainly not a whole year.

And regarding the money thing; where do you think this kind of funding comes from. Those guys are out there technologically packed to the tee and those kind of toys dont come cheap.

If engineers had their way every car would have a turbocharger and infra red head up display units, but the marketing department (the bean counters) will just sell them is extras. This is corporate America and no matter what you are researching, he who has the money makes the rules.

Even in average newspapers there's always a constant war between content and advertising. The profit has to be made somewhere.

As for this thread, I dont see why something like money should completely discredit what they are investigating.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I think the reason why money can discredit and tarnish something so easily can basically be summed up like this

'i survived the haiti earthquake' tshirt.

back on topic, i do note now that the ocean team are now accepting the fact that the structure looks to be man made / natural and the more likely circumstances are it is caused by rocks from the Atlantic somehow being in the baltic sea, couple with a pocket of magma which may of been under the rocks gently heating it overtime to create such a structure.

I for one was hoping for UFO;s so its back to stone henge for me

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk
i think the documentary is being made by a company called Titan but i might be wrong on that

You're right. The whole thing is run by Titan Television. It's a sham

edit on 12/7/2012 by cripmeister because: by

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

what is the significance of titan television and why does it make it a sham? surely if someone is making a documentary, a TV company would be involved?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
As soon as I've read post that they are preparing clothing line for x-team, I knew that even if they don't discover anything, they will make big buzz about it, just to make money.

Those guys are not your regular explorers who are doing this for archeological or UFO/ET research.

They are doing it to make profit, money, the same what they did with previous projects.

edit on 13-7-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
removed - wrong post
edit on 13-7-2012 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Bottom line as stated above, this stuff isnt free and these guys convinced someone to give them the funding for this operation. They have to explain things to those guys and they have to make this expedition profitable in order to get any additional funding if needed. If they have to sell shirts great, if they have to make a documentary then cool. Do it. But without all of that we may never know what is really down there. And the less likely it is a UFO then the likely they are going to need to be more creative to get money because a lot less people are going to want to just "give" them money to bring up a rock.

Personally I still think it is a very odd structure, I still think it man made and not naturally formed. And therefore what the hell is it doing sitting where it is sitting. Bringing it up may somehow may lead to some answers, or at the very least figuring out how to get inside it if it truly does have passages. This thing is one of the coolest finds in recent memory.

Now, when these guys start driving lambo's up to get on the boat and they start floating around the baltic on puff daddy's yacht drinking booze I will call them sell outs and say they are in it for the cash. But right now I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they are just trying to fund a ridiculously expensive expedition.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
does anyone remember the georgia bigfoot in the fridge hoax where they milked suckers to the last cent and got lots of media attention? (even a cop was involved)

www.bfro.net...

this is along those lines instead of a bigfoot we have a millenium falcon spaceship and instead of georgia we have the baltic sea.

nothing to see here guys move on. just a bunch of attention whores who are in it for the $
edit on 13-7-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceetee

Originally posted by cripmeister

what is the significance of titan television and why does it make it a sham? surely if someone is making a documentary, a TV company would be involved?

This whole "expedition" is financed by Titan Television and all contacts with the media are handled by them. It is obvious that they are trying to drum up demand for an upcoming documentary. American networks will probably be willing to pay #loads of money for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

And I'll guarandamntee that the ending of the documentary will leave everyone hanging. Just another ploy to raise more money and fill their pockets....

We should know what the heck this thing is already, yet nothing. Pure drama queens.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Just to add to an existing topic, the ocean explorer website appears to be down...

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.oceanexplorer.se

Try reloading: www.­oceanexplorer.­se

Additional suggestions: Access a cached copy of www.­oceanexplorer.­se Search on Google:

www.oceanexplorer.se...

Not sure how long it's been down, just went to see if there were any more news items.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

An intelligent way to distract would be to subconsciously distract the team with forced? financial potentials (like a pay off to hush them) which in turn causes secondary distraction/ doubt energy on public observing their integrity when outside observers see them going for the money as if told to, to lower interest and their integrity. Personally I think they found some fantastic stuff down there and in there but its not for general public to know so its not shared.

new topics

top topics

join