It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warren Buffet says he can end the deficit in 5 minutes!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The text is from a is a chain email full of
dis-info.

This latest rant against Congress has been circulating since the start of the year, urging passage of a "reform act" to correct abuses of power by Congress. But as we often find with these chain messages, the author doesn’t know very much about the subject.

www.factcheck.org...

Come on ATS..

edit on 12-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

So what if it's a chain mail? The points that were laid out were right on. I couldn't agree more.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Your exact text is from a chain email as you can see here; www.factcheck.org...

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.

But members of Congress already participate, paying Social Security payroll taxes just like nearly every other worker.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

Relatively few Americans buy retirement plans entirely out of their own pockets. In fact, just under half of all Americans worked in 2009 for an employer that sponsors a retirement plan, according to the most recent information from the Employee Benefit Research Institute. And among those who worked full time for the entire year, 54 percent actually participated in an employer-sponsored plan

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise

But Congress doesn’t do that now. Under current law, pay increases are determined by a cost-of-living formula, and they take effect automatically, unless Congress votes to stop them. And in fact, that’s what has happened for the past two years. Congress denied itself any pay raise in 2010 and in 2011

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

But which "system"? Most Americans are covered either by employer-sponsored health insurance or by various government-sponsored programs/ex]

edit on 12-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

This 100 year charter expiring would be great....except I have been researching and somewhere around 1927 we got a BOHICA that made it a perpetual charter stating that the FED can only be dissolved by order of Congress. I will look more. (BOHICA= bend over here it comes again
)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

I also agree and I am sure that most Americans do as well. However,we have to look at this seriously because
the American people know very well that Congress or other peoples of government will not go for it and they know how to circumvent around those proposals. They should not collect anything until their are 62 or older just like the regular people have to. Once in office they just cannot leave because they just love the power it gives them just like in any other government in any country. Its all the same.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by METACOMET

So can a country file bankruptcy???
I mean 175 trillion today, 800 trillion tomorrow? Something at some point has gotta give.

It is an established fact that the United States Federal Government has
been dissolved by the Emergency Banking Act, March 9, 1933, 48 Stat. 1,
Public Law 89-719; declared by President Roosevelt, being bankrupt and
insolvent. H.J.R. 192, 73rd Congress m session June 5, 1933 - Joint
Resolution To Suspend The Gold Standard and Abrogate The Gold Clause
dissolved the Sovereign Authority of the United States and the official
capacities of all United States Governmental Offices, Officers, and
Departments and is further evidence that the United States Federal
Government exists today in name only.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
Sounds great, but it is coming from one of the guys who structured the bailouts and made a killing.

So does that make his points wrong? I think they are valid and would be very effective.

You know as well as Mr. Buffet and I that this will never happen.

Law 32

Play to People’s Fantasies

The truth is often avoided because it is ugly and unpleasant. Never appeal to truth and reality unless you are prepared for the anger that comes for disenchantment. Life is so harsh and distressing that people who can manufacture romance or conjure up fantasy are like oases in the desert: Everyone flocks to them. There is great power in tapping into the fantasies of the masses.

Law 12

Use Selective Honesty and Generosity to Disarm your Victim

One sincere and honest move will cover over dozens of dishonest ones. Open-hearted gestures of honesty and generosity bring down the guard of even the most suspicious people. Once your selective honesty opens a hole in their armor, you can deceive and manipulate them at will. A timely gift – a Trojan horse – will serve the same purpose.

Law 44

Disarm and Infuriate with the Mirror Effect

The mirror reflects reality, but it is also the perfect tool for deception: When you mirror your enemies, doing exactly as they do, they cannot figure out your strategy. The Mirror Effect mocks and humiliates them, making them overreact. By holding up a mirror to their psyches, you seduce them with the illusion that you share their values; by holding up a mirror to their actions, you teach them a lesson. Few can resist the power of Mirror Effect.

The 48 Laws Of Power

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I never understood how people could rationalize treating politicians better than ordinary people. As you said yourself, serving the people is an honor, not a f#cking job for self-interest. You start treating it like a career and you're gonna have career-related problems: infighting, jealousy, corruption, lying, ladder-climbing, favoritism etc. etc. etc.

Which results in a 15 trillion dollar deficit and all these ridiculous laws, wars and other institutional problems. You drop the silly rewards for politicians and the resulting effect will be that people will only apply for the role if they're passionate about their country - not money and power.

The only reason this hasn't happened yet is because greedy motherf#ckers have hijacked the political (and economical) systems of the entire world and they'll be damned if they'll let go of them without a fight. But you can only hold on to such a dream for so long after the world wakes.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
If buffet actually gave a rats butt about America, and this idea he is a rich enough man that he could fund several Super pacs with the sole purpose of doing just what he suggested...

Dont anyone hold your breath...

I fully believe their should be ZERO career politicians.

I just don't believe Buffet wants this, hes trying to get out ahead of the chopping block when the economy finally dies.

as a side note, the page I link in my tag was a page calling for just such a thing as buffet ask, lets just say it kept getting DOS and was dropped from its hosting on the DNS side of it... ill leave it at that.
edit on 13-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

Bad idea. Congress should not get an automatic 3% raise if inflation is greater than 3%.

edit on 13-7-2012 by CharlesMartel because: neatness counts

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This is what the American people recognize as the chief problems facing government, and it would be great to address them as Warren has. Still another recent post sort of brings the reality of what can be done and the roadblocks it would face. The problem stems with a 'mindset' in Congress and the Senate. Lawmakers abound, and they do not serve the American Citizen's best interests. 'A gentleman's Guide to Forum Spies' is an expose of the corrupt powers that are in existence, and controlling the current climate. They need to be eliminated and stopped. Their path...... well we know where that's leading. Sort of too bad Ol' Warren Buffett didn't run for President. It would only take one administration to chuck out the corrupt and bring America back to solvency and then back to Greatness.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I have never liked Warren Buffet.

What he is propsing, is nothing short of Excellent for reforms. Now, how do we get congress to actually do something like this? I would bet the sitting congress would have nothing to do with it, but maybe if we get enough of the old guard out, maybe we can actually get congress to work for us again!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
Sounds great, but it is coming from one of the guys who structured the bailouts and made a killing.

So does that make his points wrong? I think they are valid and would be very effective.

I was wondering if anyone was going to question this sentiment. There was another post with something like, "why would we listen to him?" (since he's an 'elite')...NY question is - why not? Do we choose ignorance as a protest to another's standing in the world economic/power structure?

If Barry Bonds found the cure for cancer, I wouldn't ignore the news simply because I loathe the guy.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The old man makes some sense....but it isnt fair to Members of Congress who vote against excess spending and lose the vote (altho the counter argument would be that we then need more persuasive members in Congress).

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Great post, great article and a great idea. S&F

Now, if we can just figure out a few things:

1) How do we get the American Sheeple to pull their heads out of their arses and LISTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) How do we get the American Sheeple to stop believing every word they hear on the MSM??????????????

It seems to me that there are an abundance of good ideas how to fix things, yet ZERO ideas on how to actually implement ANY of them, to include implementing new ideas into the brains of the sheep who have forgotten that INDEPENDENT THOUGHT EXISTS!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO, the unfortunate answer: As long as the sheep have ANY comforts at all, they will not act, they will not move. EVERY single piece of comfort has to be ripped away, to include the pillows for their FAT HEADED EGOS and stupid ideals which cloud their minds so they fight each other instead of the real criminals and offenders. I hate to sound this way, really I do, but I just don't see any other way to get people to wake up.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

First, the Amendments are NOT the law of the land, Do unto others is the "law of the land". The Amendments are a guideline and are corporate in nature just like the 4 OTHER Constitutions, the real one has been buried.

Second, Warren Buffet is a pedophile and one of the biggest problems for this country. He is poart of the CFR and several other secret socity BS organizations. He found Boys Town and Girls Town to service the politicians and to create a black mail scheme that keeps the machine running.

educate-yourself.org...

Educate yourself. I bought 20 of these books and passed them out. Read the damn thing and get a clue.

The OTHER biggest part of the problem in this country is lack of common sense. The Media has done such a good job of dumbing people down, everyhting seems to be an arguement. the argriculture dept. has allowed corporate farms to so taint food that it is void of vitamins and any thing you could even remotely call nutrition.

But yea, Warren Buffet could end the deficit in 5 minutes, a bullet would end it even faster, people waking up and filing a UCC-1 and reclaiming their trust accounts and demanding the "government" give us a Money order to balance the debt they created would end it even faster!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't like Warren Buffet...but damn do I love his comment about congress!

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The OP is more than a little deceiving.

While Warren Buffett did indeed make the "I could end the deficit in 5 minutes" quip in a CNBC interview back in July of 2011, the "Congressional Reform Act of 2012" has nothing to do with him. In fact, as RealSpoke pointed out, started as an anonymous email forward as far back as at least November, 2009.

The "Congressional Reform Act of 2012" (or "2011") proposes a lot of enthusiastic, gung-ho rhetoric that is mostly based on inaccurate information.

I think the OP knew the Buffett interview and the Reform "Act" were completely unrelated and just wanted to associate the two to bring some credibility to the latter.

Snopes.com story
Congressional Reform Act of 2011 Urban Legend
Congressional Reform Act of 2009 email
Buffett interview

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Before reading this I was thinking he was going to say: "I will pay it off" .. phat chance

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You mean this clown puppet of the Mason / Illuminati that control the media artist and hollywood has a solution make me laugh

edit on 13-7-2012 by knowneedtoknow because: picture issue

edit on 13-7-2012 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join