It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penn State withheld information fearing bad publicity.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Football. A game. A game where you throw around a ball made out of an animal. You run from one end of a field to another while scoring numbers. This game meant enough to a group of men that they dug a hole, tossed in vital information of abuse, and proceeded to bury it.

Penn State's leaders showed "total disregard" for victims of child sex abuse and failed to protect children, an internal review has found. In fact, several senior officials "empowered" former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky to attract more victims for child sex abuse, the report found. In a statement released along with the 267-page report, Louis Freeh, the former FBI director and federal judge who spearheaded the review, blasted several top former officials at the school. "Our most saddening and sobering finding is the total disregard for the safety and welfare of Sandusky's child victims by the most senior leaders at Penn State," Freeh wrote.

I hope they take away your stupid game for all the victims that you could have saved but didn't. All because of a stupid game......

"They exhibited a striking lack of empathy for Sandusky's victims by failing to inquire as to their safety and well being, especially by not attempting to determine the identity of the child who Sandusky assaulted in the Lasch Building in 2001. Further, they exposed this child to additional harm by alerting Sandusky, who was the only one who knew the child's identity, of what (Mike) McQueary saw in the shower on the night of February 9, 2001."

May karma take care of you all.....

www.cnn.com...
edit on 12-7-2012 by Covertblack because: Link

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That "stupid game", generates over $70 million a year for the school.

College football isn't just a game, it's big business. Of course no one wants to jeopardize their cash cow.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Covertblack

what a g.d. coward you must be to see something like that taking place, and not speak an utterance about it to anyone around you.

cowards!

and you hit it on the nail -- it's just a dumb game. kick a ball... catch it...run this way...throw it...run that way...oooohhh ahhhhh! sooo sophisticated and prestigious!

only us "civilized" americans can worship such a complex and honorable GAME like the pig-skin!

it really shows exactly how spiritually evolved our culture is today...we WORSHIP football and football players like they are something to aspire to and admire. they're brutes, with more brawn than brain.

..but we're going to sacrifice innocent children's psychological and physical well-being so that our dear old coach can keep telling the brutes where to stand and who to hit on the field.

i find myself more often than not being ashamed of living in America. people around the world group all us americans into the same stereo-typical model and this fuels the fire. yeah we got shiny cars and food in our bellies, but at what cost to the rest of the world population and animal species/ecologies?

p.s. if you're a fan of football, no offence, but it's pretty dumb. most "football fans" care more about that stupid pointless game than who is running for president or what our corrupt government is doing behind your back around the world AND right here under our noses.

/end rant

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by StupidShouldHurt
That "stupid game", generates over $70 million a year for the school.

College football isn't just a game, it's big business. Of course no one wants to jeopardize their cash cow.

It's a game. So are you saying what they did is acceptable?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This whole situation just horrifies me as a parent. To know that Joe Paterno even turned an eye to keep his friend at his side coaching and knowing what he was doing just makes me sick to my core. Shame on Penn State officials that they would take touchdowns and wins over the safety of these kids and the justice for those abused.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, all sports are a distraction from the truly important things, such as: caring for your fellow human, not hurting anyone, and sharing. Sports teach division, competitiveness, and "we" are better then "them"; when in fact, all humans are equal. Even the lowly "bum" on the street corner is just as equal as the "queen of england".

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just because a game generates millions of dollars doesn't mean it's not a stupid game.

I'll never understand why sports is so popular. I can understand why it's fun to play, but playing it recreationally is a lot more different than turning it into a kind of a religion.

new topics

top topics

join