It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again. House votes to repeal health care law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The House of Representatives voted 244-185 Wednesday to repeal in full President Obama's health care law in a symbolic display of opposition to the law after the Supreme Court's decision to uphold it.

Full article

Well here we go again. Not only are they wasting tax payer money on something that will not pass both the Senate and a Presidential veto, but this is not the first time they have tried this. Washington is literally useless.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I want ObamaCare repealed as well.
But this is clearly a waste of time and resources.

I guess it could be worse, they could be passing more laws.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Agreed and......Agreed!
Oh and Agreed again!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Don't forget that this is an election year for everyone in the House. The point of this is to show the voters back home that they voted to repeal it. Tits on a bull is the appropriate description here for this vote.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would not say it is a waste of time considering the massive problems of Obama care at least for once they tried to do their jobs and considering that no Republican voted for the care act in the first place.

The care act needs to be repealed which the congress now has the power to do with a simple 51 vote majority.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
They'll repeal it .. like they should. Obama has already said he'd veto the repeal.
And when he vetos it, then it goes back again for yet more votes.
By then, maybe he'll be out of office .. if we are lucky.
(unfortunately, the polls show him far far ahead. :shk: )

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Don't forget that this is an election year for everyone in the House. The point of this is to show the voters back home that they voted to repeal it. Tits on a bull is the appropriate description here for this vote.

I thought all occupied offices and seats in the ole Government are already predetermind by the bilderberg group! Vote all we want, its the elite that makes things go their way! It is no longer "we the people" its "we the 1%",Who cares about the little guy.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Personally I don't want the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act repealed.... unless of course it is replaced with a universal or single-payer health care system.

As someone said this is nothing but symbolic to pander for votes in November.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They'll repeal it .. like they should. Obama has already said he'd veto the repeal.
And when he vetos it, then it goes back again for yet more votes.
By then, maybe he'll be out of office .. if we are lucky.
(unfortunately, the polls show him far far ahead. :shk: )

It won't get through the Senate...just like the other 30+ times Republicans have wasted time and resources on voting on repealing this bill.

They all know it is too late to repeal it anyway...too much of it is in effect...that is why they aren't bothering with putting together a replacement plan.

Or did you think it would be a good idea to repeal it without replacing it with anything?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Or did you think it would be a good idea to repeal it without replacing it with anything?

Repeal it and replace it with something SUSTAINABLE.
Some of what is in Obamacare is really good.
But the fact is that it is unsustainable.
Couple 'unsustainable' with waivergate and it's a disaster waiting to happen.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Repeal it and replace it with something SUSTAINABLE.
Some of what is in Obamacare is really good.
But the fact is that it is unsustainable.
Couple 'unsustainable' with waivergate and it's a disaster waiting to happen.

What isn't sustainable about it...you seemed to have left that part out of it. And where is the Republican replacement plan??? Shouldn't that have that all ready and presented to the people before they even try to repeal the current bill???

And oh my goodness...you obviously don't understand what the waivers are.
Waivers are temporary to allow companies to continue giving part time employees mini-med plans...it's a GOOD THING that COSTS companies who get the waivers MONEY. They could have just cut all the mini-med plans and screwed their employers...but they didn't.

Please educate yourself before speaking about things you don't have a clue about.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
A waste of tax payer money. Although, it doesn't come close to the amount of money they spent on the stained blue dress some years back.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

What isn't sustainable about it...you seemed to have left that part out of it.

You are kidding, right?
It's counting on the state expansion of medicaid and other programs.
And many states have already opted OUT of that expansion.
Forbes - Obamacare economic consequences

The reason is simple: Obamacare increases government regulations, increases taxes, and increases spending, but it never addresses the central problems with the current health care system. That is, it neither improves health outcomes nor controls skyrocketing health care costs. At a time of trillion dollar federal deficits and state and local budgetary stress, the legislation burdens the federal and state governments (to the extent they choose to participate) with additional expenditures. According to the Congressional Budget Office, Obamacare will cost an additional $1.5 trillion through 2021, some of which may be financed by the states through higher Medicaid and other health programs. This $1.5 trillion is equivalent to an additional annual cost of $1,261 per U.S. household, or a diversion of 2.5% of the average household’s gross income.

CBO Report Expesses New Facet of Obamacare Unsustainable

CBO had already assumed that several policies in Obamacare -- notably, the productivity adjustments to hospitals and the payment reductions to be implemented by a board of unaccountable bureaucrats -- would not be sustained over the longer term. But in a paragraph located on page 57 of today's report, CBO outlines yet another way Obamacare's spending will be unsustainable:

CBO assumed that two policies that affect the number of people receiving different amounts of subsidies and that might be difficult to sustain over a long period would be altered in the extended alternative fiscal scenario. First, CBO assumed that the eligibility thresholds would be modified after 2022 such that the shares of the population with incomes corresponding to the various ranges of subsidies remained constant. Second, CBO assumed that the additional indexing factor described above would have no effect after 2022, so federal subsidies would cover a constant share of the premiums per enrollee over time.

To put it in plain English: According to CBO, if Obamacare is not repealed or amended, virtually all Americans will be forced to buy health insurance -- but fewer and fewer individuals will qualify for insurance subsidies over time, and those subsidies will pay a smaller and smaller share of overall insurance premiums. CBO's alternative fiscal scenario therefore assumes that spending on Obamacare insurance subsidies will be GREATER than current law projections -- because CBO presumes that policy-makers will not be able to tolerate individuals being forced to buy health insurance who will not be able to afford the premiums given the subsidy regime scheduled to take effect under current law

And where is the Republican replacement plan?

So you want to put through a plan that is doomed to fail and that is unsustainable simply because the republicans don't have an alternate plan? that's abusrd.

And oh my goodness...you obviously don't understand what the waivers are.

And oh my goodness ... I DO understand what they are ... but you obviously do not.
they are NOT a good thing when they are used as poltiical payoffs and when it is obvious that they are needed because companies can't afford to pay for Obamacare AND have people still work for them. Companies can't afford it. Period. If everyone doesn't participate .. it can't be sustained. Those are the numbers.

Over Half of All Obamacare Waivers Given to Union Members
Obamacare Waivers 1400+ listed
Washington Times - Obamacare Waiver Corruption Must Stop
Final number on how many businesses are exempt from Obamacare

“All told, 1,231 companies applied for and received waivers from the law’s restrictions on annual benefit caps,” Baker writes. “The law requires plans to gradually raise their benefit limits, and all annual limits will become illegal in 2014. Companies that received waivers can keep their caps intact until 2014.”

When added together, the healthcare waivers excuse about 4 million people, or about 3 percent of the population, from having to participate, HHS said. However, what’s slightly unsettling is the fact that the majority of the waivers were handed out to labor unions.

“Documents released in a classic Friday afternoon news dump show that labor unions representing 543,812 workers received waivers from President Barack Obama‘s signature legislation,” writes Paul Conner of the Daily Caller. “By contrast, private employers with a total of 69,813 employees, many of whom work for small businesses, were granted waivers.”

Please educate yourself before speaking about things you don't have a clue about.

Right back atchya.

edit on 7/12/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Don't worry Flyers if every decent productive hard working America that pay their taxes and own nothing to the corporate dictatorship in the nation raise up and vote the darn piece of crap we call president the Obamacare will be a thing of the past.

Still people are on agendas and many here have no taken the time to really understand what the Obama monstrosity is and will be on the productive working class in the nation.

Right now they are keeping those the many blind and oblivious with promises of refund money for services salivating at the change to get something back for nothing.

America is nothing but the land of give me give me but i give back a darn thing. So let steal from the productive to subsidize the leeches.

edit on 12-7-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Everyone who has a medicare advantage plan can kiss that goodbye (or be prepared for a 500-600 premium)...fully effective in 2014...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

He, that is so true is sad also, as my parents and my husband parents are on Medicare even with the so call hoax universal health care in PR, the government takes 200 a month from their SS checks to pay for the Medicare each.

So as you can see the elderly that rely on Medicare are already been leeched from their SS, the prescriptions are not even part of the Medicare, once they reach the quota is out of pocket expenses, so if they do that to the elderly you can imagine how they will gouge those that can be forced into anything the corporate dictatorship wants.

Still people swear by Obamacare promises, what a joke, they have not read the darn monstrosity at all.

heads will roll and people will be screaming and crying in the streets, the new Gestapo IRS will be the enforces and the insurance companies will have their goons to collect their fees.

Affordable? where? that was omitted from the original bill so never was a limit set at all, just like Romneycare and now he knows how he screw himself and the people in his state.

edit on 12-7-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Actually, Medicare is exactly like this:

1. Part A Medicare is free. It was and is paid for by FICA taxes. Part A is for Hospitalization and skilled nursing care.
  2. Part B is for Doctors, Ambulance, etc. This is the portion that costs 99.90 a month from your Social Security Benefit each month.
  3. Part C is Medicare Advantage. Medicare Advantage takes Part A, Part B, and Part D, and rolls them all into one.
  4. Part D is prescription drugs.

Part A has a $1,156 per occurrence co-pay for days 1-60 in the hospital, $289 per day for days 61-90, and $578 per day for days 91-150. Skilled nursing, or rehab, is free for the first 20 days and then $144.50 a day til day 100.
Part B has a $140 a year deductible and 20 percent co-pay.
Part D has a $320 a year deductible.

This all is part of the Affordable Heathcare Act...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

That was the part that Obama was expecting to extend to more people under new guide lines of qualification, but now he can not as per Supreme court ruling he can not force state to participate as that means states will have to raise taxes to meed new budgets needs.

And while it looks pretty in paper my mother quota for her hart medications runs within three months then is out of her pocket that she has to pay for them, all under Medicare.

So my father been a vet he is now using his veteran benefits for his medications and so my father in law also a vet, because my mother in law is in the same boat as my mother.

Sadly doctors seems to love giving drugs to the elderly like they were candy.

As you can see things are not always the way they look like.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

It is Congress' job to do things while in session. How is it a waste of resources to repeal this monstrosity while in session?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm sorry....

This wouldn't be the same House of Representatives that PASSED the Healthcare Bill to begin with would it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join