It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rahm Emanuel wants to block federal agents from illegal immigrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Let's not just make them citizens, let's give them authority and power. As if anything could be more destructive to the sovereignty of a nation and the constitution of which the republic was founded upon.

Yes Rahm Emanuel wants to block federal agents from enforcement against undocumented illegal immigrants. God help us! Or the city of Chicago anyways.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel wants to bar police officers from turning illegal immigrants to federal agents if immigrants do not have serious criminal convictions or outstanding criminal warrants. Here is the story from The New York Times

and The Chicago Tribune. Here's an excerpt from the New York Times story:
"If you have no criminal record, being part of a community is not a problem for you," Mr. Emanuel said, speaking at a high school library in Little Village, a Latino neighborhood. "We want to welcome you to the city of Chicago."
This is smart marketing for the city. It comes after the Supreme Court struck down most of an Arizona immigration law but upheld the "papers, please" policy allowing law enforcement to stop people and demand proof of immigration status.

edit on 11-7-2012 by thehoneycomb because: spelling

edit on 11-7-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
He doesn't want to turn them INTO federal agents, he wants to BAR them from being turned over to federal agents. Meaning he doesn't want them turned over to authorities if they don't have any criminal convictions, or outstanding warrants. Which I think is still pretty bad for a multitude of reasons.
edit on 11-7-2012 by KibbleChild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KibbleChild

You're correct, I guess I misunderstood that sentence. However, in the future if citizenship is granted to undocumented illegals, whats to stop them from becoming federal agents.

I guess I will edit my op now.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel wants to bar police officers from turning illegal immigrants to federal agents if immigrants do not have serious criminal convictions or outstanding criminal warrants.

What always cracks me up is how do they know if an "illegal" immigrant has a record of any kind !!!

No I.D. or fake.

The only "illegals" that end up in jail are the ones caught (usually right away) !!

Not even a "wanted suspect" would be easily identified by police.

And I wonder what Rahm's definition of "serious criminal convictions" is ??

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by KibbleChild

You're correct, I guess I misunderstood that sentence. However, in the future if citizenship is granted to undocumented illegals, whats to stop them from becoming federal agents.

I guess I will edit my op now.

No problem, it happens. I agree with you about them maybe becoming feds if they're granted citizenship though.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I don't care if they are saints, if they are here illegally- send them back. California has enough problems

top topics

join