It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Do You Believe in Global Warming?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
How arrogant humans are to think just because we are on the earth the
Climate will remain the same for eternity.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

no

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
reply to post by EvanB

The rest of the solar system is not 'warming up'. If you are going to keep repeating this tired old argument, at least try to back it up with some evidence.....

There you go smartass

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Wow. It only takes one heat wave to bring the global warming idiots out of the woodwork, I guess. How soon everyone forgot how goddamn cold it was a couple winters ago. As far as I am concerned that's a push right there.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
A new article in Nature should do the trick of debunking global warming. The question is, will anyone notice? Here's an article a bit more user firiendly describing the issue.

Must we go through what "hide the decline" means again? I can't believe how easily people swallowed the Kool Aid on this warmist agenda.

The slow decline in temps for around 4-5,000 years (the Neoglacial) is well known. It's caused by a slow decline in axial tilt, meaning less solar radiation reaching higher latitudes. The subsequent cooling shows well in the GISP ice core data. What this new study does is emphasis even more how unusual the current period is in comparison

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Pluto is not the rest of the solar system, but it's orbit means that the distance to the Sun varies. The article explains this.

But in any case, I thought low solar activity was plunging Earth into a new ice age?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Since we were in a mini iceage up until the mid 1800s I don't think many actually know what would be normal. It was not uncommon to cross the Hudson by foot in the winter during the mid to late 1700s...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Wow. It only takes one heat wave to bring the global warming idiots out of the woodwork, I guess. How soon everyone forgot how goddamn cold it was a couple winters ago. As far as I am concerned that's a push right there.

Up here in the North West we broke cold and rain records last winter and our summer really didn't start until the end of August...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
www.youtube.com... CLICK ME!!!!!

Now This is my response to Global warming. The whole problem is just as silly. The scientist would be represented by Guru,and Nail represents the Goverment that is nowhere to be found.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This is from your own link....

Jay Pasachoff, an astronomy professor at Williams College, said that Pluto's global warming was "likely not connected with that of the Earth. The major way they could be connected is if they were caused by a large increase in sunlight. But the solar constant - the amount of sunlight received each second - is carefully monitored by spacecraft, and we know the sun's output is much too steady to be changing the temperature of Pluto."

Also....

Pluto's orbit is much more elliptical than that of the other planets, and its rotational axis is tipped by a large angle relative to its orbit. Both factors could contribute to drastic seasonal changes.

and....

"It takes time for materials to warm up and cool off, which is why the hottest part of the day on Earth is usually around 2 or 3 p.m. rather than local noon, when sunlight is the most intense," Tholen said. Because Pluto's year is equal to about 250 Earth years, 13 years after Pluto's closest approach to the Sun is like 1:15 p.m. on Earth.
Did you even read the article, or just the title....?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join