It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is going to "bounce" as we currently perceive it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is a similar presentation to the Flatlander stye metaphor for our current situation given in Alternative view for "object incoming" theories: Movement in another dimension, but with some Plato's Cave this time:

Imagine a spring or spiral. Take this spring and notice that anything following along it in 3D, if it maintains a steady velocity, will move steadily and smoothly along it. No matter where you "check" it, it will be doing the exact same thing and so long as the spiral itself doesn't change, it would actually not even look like it was moving.

Now take this same spiral and only look at it from the side (shadow/2D). Here is an absolutely fantastic image to help visualize (original art credit):

Ok so imagine we are moving at a steady smooth velocity along the bottom spiral. If we were to lock our perception into the 2D side projection and only be able to measure and detect that, we would get an extremely different experience and develop very interesting "models" to try to predict what is going on.

If we lock our perception in to only be able to see one "bar" of the spiral at a time and start making observations and recordings, what will we see?

Imagining this projection going from the left to the right, the line will "bang" out of nowhere, "curve" (aka expand) very quickly initially and then stabilize into a fairly smooth "straight" line. This line will then eventually begin to curve again very quickly until it reaches the "edge" and terminates or "intersects" another line to make a "point" or a "singularity".

This is of course all an illusion, but as the being that is locked into only looking at the shadow watches their movement as they approach the edge, it will create a curious duality.

One one hand, you will *appear* to be moving slower and slower in 2D, but your actual velocity in 3D will be the same. This means that for each unit of "time" or "distance" you perceive in 2D, you progressively experience more and more "time" or "distance" in 3D. If we take this concept to look at things like Moore's Law, the general parabolic progression of our "intelligence" and technology, etc... this would be an expected outcome if "progress" isn't something we "do" but we "move through". We will perceive ourselves to be getting faster and faster but in reality we've been moving at the same "rate" the entire time.

The singularity IS near, but it's a singularity of our perceptions, not reality.

Now all purely 2D mathematical and scientific models we build based on our observations of that ONE "timeline" will work pretty well for a while, but will eventually start to fail and eventually "collapse" into the singularity at the end. The "time wave" will appear to collapse into an infinitely small point and none of our models (if we haven't figured out the truth yet) will be able to look past the singularity. In reality it's trivial and there is no singularity except in our limited perceptions.

All technology built around manipulating "only" the shadows in 2D regardless of the cost in 3D will start to fail, because the straight linear foundation the parameters were designed for will progressively change faster and faster and we'll have to work harder and harder to keep up with the changing environment.

Those who are locked in the 2D thinking will have literally their entire reality inverted on them and have to rebuild from scratch. The "timeline" will be running in reverse (I leave it to each to imagine the possible implications... pleasant and not-so-pleasant). However those observing the spiral in 3D... well the possibilities for THEIR ways of interacting with the spiral and the shadows become like pure magic to those locked into the 2D models of perception.

Going back to the work of art above... you can see why both the 3D "truth" and the 2D "illusion" are both beautiful and valuable. You can see things in the 2D that can't be seen in the 3D and vice versa. They compliment each other and are inseparable. Neither is more "real" necessarily, but one does "inform" the other more, and thus one is a firmer ground to base one's understandings on when then *exploring* the beauty of the "illusion". Especially when you start letting multiple spirals take varying paths and watching the surprising ways they intersect when the "light" is shown through them.

Enjoy the ride... looking at the spiral of time from the side to watch the shadows is like going to a fun house or a roller coaster. It's no fun if you're not having any fun.

Namaste.
edit on 2012/7/9 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Although Plato's cave is used as an analogy to discuss his theory of ideas or forms and doesn't really apply here as it's completely out of context, I just wanted to say interesting write up!

Can anyone perceive in the manner you discussed?

Edit: I suppose the analogy can be used, since I realized you are discussing thinking rather than perceiving. Apologies.
edit on 9-7-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So is it true to think that shadows are holographic projections of the third dimension, and reality is a holographic projection of the fourth dimension which would indicate that I, you and everything and everyone else an illusion also.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
very interesting! thanks for posting. the golden ratio, the cosmic serpent, waveforms (sound) - all in one.

cheers.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSubversiveOne
Although Plato's cave is used as an analogy to discuss his theory of ideas or forms and doesn't really apply here as it's completely out of context, I just wanted to say interesting write up!

Can anyone perceive in the manner you discussed?

Edit: I suppose the analogy can be used, since I realized you are discussing thinking rather than perceiving. Apologies.

No apologies necessary and thank you for seeing where it was coming from. And yep... it's mostly about how we're thinking about what we're perceiving!

I can "sense" via intuition in the manner discussed, sometimes... but not visualize except by taking it and turning it into the 3D and 2D comparison, which doesn't really help me "see" what we might look like from the step up in perception. They just become 3D representations of 4D ideas and always loose the invisible "something extra" that makes it simple to show someone else, heh.

Lots of shamanistic, hallucinogenic, and meditative experiences describe perceiving from this vantage point.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
So is it true to think that shadows are holographic projections of the third dimension, and reality is a holographic projection of the fourth dimension which would indicate that I, you and everything and everyone else an illusion also.

I don't know what's true or not, but what you describe has generally made a lot more sense to me than any more traditional explanations.

It doesn't mean that you... that sense of "self" deep inside is a puppet. Though so long as you and I continue to be firmly rooted to our "shadow" we'll continue to feel like a puppet sometimes. Our 3D form is the puppet... but it is our puppet when we remember and take full responsibility for it.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DresdenCodex
very interesting! thanks for posting. the golden ratio, the cosmic serpent, waveforms (sound) - all in one.

cheers.

Thanks! I had to keep telling myself to keep it simple and not go too quickly down those more nuanced and subtle connecting threads that you've noticed. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one who could see those paths that could be followed.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

Not so much an illusion as delusion

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

So is it all about conciousness then reality is somehow linked to it?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

From my vantage point: If you can find anything more real than consciousness, please let me know!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Awesome post. I was thinking of this in a similar way that the solar system spirals around in the galaxy, something Nassim Haramein talks about this a lot

www.youtube.com...

And it pretty much is a holographic representation of time itself, in my view.

I believe the spiral is the 3D, and torus is the 4D representation. In a torus, the inside becomes the outside becomes the inside endlessly, and a spiral is the nature of it but curved upon itself. I think this is the secret.

edit: I mean the double torus.
edit on 9-7-2012 by fourthmeal because: edited to add some detail

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I was thinking about today,,,, how light allows us to see the external world,,, and how strange it is the properties of light to soak up all the information of the external world and enter it into our eye,,, it is a projection into our minds,,, and from our minds we project it outwards to see everything thats around us,,,,, pretty crazy,.,.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Great thread! Explains and connects various concepts and ideas about the time period we are entering very well. And for those who may be confused, if any, and assuming I am not misunderstanding, the basic idea in terms of the dimension is that a dimensional representation is like a shadow of a higher dimension. So the two-dimensional shadow of the three-dimensional object only can partially represent it, and is very incomplete. The three-dimensional spiral has much more to it than can be modeled in 2-D. This would be the case with every dimensional jump, though. So 3-D experiences in reality are just like that, shadow-models of a 4th-dimensional 'object' or reality. This time period, then, represents the point where the representation of the higher-dimension comes to essentially a standstill, and is really nothing unless seen from the higher vantage point of the 4th-dimension, and this is the singularity.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
bounce like a head? or like a ball?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
He's saying we're going through a "curve", as perceived in 2D against the 3D spiral. But in reality it is nothing more than an illusion of a curve.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Time is a River, and you are a Bridge, from which to observe it. Sometimes, you can dip your hand in the river, but rarely can you redirect more than your hand can displace.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

surely you would feel the force of a spiral as you travel in 3d whilst your shadow would seem like your bouncing. what's the fourth dimension contain is it the awareness of time I like the idea that all dimensions exist relative to the observer and are one and all anyway and time is movement in space measured.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Excellent!!!

Very good observations here... Trust your intuitive meta insights, especially when your mind is in hot pursuit of core truths...

And how can we understand these fourth dimensional things?
How can we break our eyes away from the shadows?

I think the key is an intuitive and questioning mind that can perceive "new" or "other" concepts such as described in the cave...

Here is an example of a mental exercise I perform to get me in tune...

Think of infinity...

Try to visualize it in your mind... (and no, not just the word, but it's physical reality)

At some point your going to realize this is impossible...

And yet, (here is the exercise part), you can conceive of what it means, come to understand, and thereby know infinity intuitively...

You can see, in your non-visual thoughts, it's fourth dimensional shape...

Behold the Caduceus...

Spiraling twice round the central mean...
Harbingers of Heaven and Hell between...
Sun and moon go, through waves too and fro,
while pandering potent entropy's glean...

In caduceus pairs,
spin acidulous hairs,
morphing with time,
an homogenous being...

Vainglorious and dark in the earliest dreams;
the mind of men led in loops of the skein...
Never to know the spiraling show,
Is but a pale glow of the truth through a seam...

Conscious we share,
both foul and fair,
whilst unknown lies
the scepter of kings...

Time is of mind and mind is between...
The all and the one, pure and unclean...
Endless spiralings show, an helixical glow,
but finite will seem the infinite dream...

Time to take care;
Care, not aware;
For there we would see
the better unseen...

We can only wonder at what is in store for us...soon I would think.

Keep your Eyes and Heart open for it, friends, but if you love what it is to be human, then in your minds...never let your feet leave the ground...

As above so below, ‘round and within...
For the Love of the Creation and the Creator(s)
Worlds without end...

Good journey to you...always...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

the people who tricked those guys in the cave are total a-holes.

are you implying there are people manipulating our reality or are you saying that's just how reality is?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Wow! Great post...it really helped open my mind even more and you explain your ideas very well.
Thanks for sharing

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join