It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I (probably) saved a young Boy from a phedophile and got arrested for it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Sorry hit enter button after typing title

just be patient please
and please excuse my bad english, I´m in rage!

edit on 8-7-2012 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

Yesterday I was on a festival with a friend of mine. We visited the beer tend together, drank some beer and then we meet other friends. Long story short, he had to go and I stayed a little while to talk to them.

So later I went on my way and called my wife if she can pick me up at the back entrance because I had drunk to much to drive home. I was walking alone on the side when I noticed a young Boy, probably 6-8 year old sitting at the roots of a tree. I was going to ask him where his parents were because I was a little bit concerned that he would sit there alone and it was getting dark already. So I was about 10m from him, when a guy, I would say around 40 with an already suspicious look (don´t ask me why I thought that) passed me from behind on a bicycle.
He stopped at the kid and asked him what his name was and where his parents are (I was nearly there at this moment). He saw me and went silent suddenly and this was when I really thought something is not right with this guy so I walked the last 3m around the corner and stopped there with my back against the wall, listening hard what was going on there.

After a few seconds I heard his voice coming nearer towards me and a particular sentence I snapped up was (it was in german but I´ll try to translate) "so where are you going now, do you want to come with me a little bit?".
This was the point I saw red for that guy so I rushed around the corner, almost running into him and asked "was zur hölle hast du denn vor mein freund" (what the hell are you planing my friend?)

His face went white as a sheet and he tried to turn his bike which was between his feet around and tried to flee.
My fuses went off and I finally realized WHAT this scumbag tried to do with the boy. Having kids myself I saw red for him so I punched him into his kidney from the back and grabbed his neck to pull him of the bicycle. He went down with the bike between his legs and I got my feet between the wheels so I went down, too.
He fell on me so I wrapped my arms around his neck and tried to hold him screaming to a group of teenagers in pure anger that the come here and help me but they ran away. While doing that he threw his head back and hit me on my nose and my vision went blurry for a second or two and he managed to escape from me.

I managed to grab him at his feet and he stumbled but got on his feet again. This was when 5 men came around and they held ME down and called police. I tried to explain it to them but because I was a little drunk, they probably did not believe me. They took me to the station and held me overnight to detox. A second unit must have picked up his bike because it was standing on the wall at the station this morning. I tried to explain all to them but they didn´t care. I asked if I would get in trouble now but they said not if the guy does not show up but they will let the local newspaper print an article to search for him.

I couldn´t even phone my wife because they took away my mobile and would not let me make a call!
Those idiots!

I´m so pissed off right know and I swear, if I see this guy again, I´ll drag him to the police and he will have to explain what he was doing there. In fairness, the police will issue an article asking for the boy with my given description and if the parents show up with him on the station, I hope this guy gets an entry to be watched after in his files!!

Damnit I should have hit him straight in the face and told the boy to stay here to clear the whole issue

So

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter
Sorry hit enter button after typing title

just be patient please

LOL, that is just the kinda thing that happens to me, though usually with the mobile phone!

*waiting patiently

edit on 8-7-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: added quote

edit on 8-7-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I (probably) saved a young Boy from a phedophile and got arrested for it.

No good deed goes unpunished, OP.

I understand your anger, I'd have felt the same, but letting your rage get the best of you in this situation cost you. Rather than physically accosting him, simply letting him know you were calling the police, and giving them his description, and what he did, would have scared the crap out of him if you were right.

Nevertheless, you may have thwarted an abduction. I salute you for your courage in getting involved.
edit on 7/8/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just a few days ago I saw a young girl on the pavement with blood dripping from her knee and she was saying she'd broken her toe. I desprately wanted to help but I was too afraid to even go near her. I had just a couple of minutes before my train was due and in my mind I used that as the excuse I needed to not get involved.
As I walked away I felt so guilty I sent a text to my (adult) daughter who rushed down and helped the girl. She had broken her big toe and is now on crutches.

I feel so angry that we live in a world where we are too afaid to help each other. Who is to blame for this?

I expect people will call me names for not helping, but look at the title of this thread!!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
But you cared to get her help! That counts for me.
I don´t regret the night in the cell but I regret that I did not knock him out. I now it could have been a misunderstanding but the guy

1) did obviously not know the kid
2) asked the kid to come with him
3) tried fled after confronting him
4) left his bike on the scene
5) the way he talked was way too childish

I mean, it could have been a big mistake but if you act like the first three points above then its suspicous.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

Leaving his bike on the scene and not coming back for it, or reporting the incident to the police suggests you were right. Hopefully you caused the scumbag some damage

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You did the right thing. I would have considered putting a few bullets in him if i saw it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I blame feminism, and stupid parents.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You absolutely did the right thing. People are starting to turn a blind eye to these situations and it terrifies me.

I've told this to some of you but it applies here, I was outside having a smoke a couple of weeks ago and I hear someone pull up. I go outside and this little 3 year old is on a kid four wheeler in my yard. My Grandmother is here and my 3 year old son is inside. I ask the little boy if his parents know he's here. He looks to the ground sheepishly and says "Yes". Obviously lying. I find out he is here because he has lost his puppies so I find one and then tell him to take me back to his mother.

He reluctantly did because we hadn't found the other puppy yet. My grandmother was making a fuss inside about me leaving her with my son but I told her to shove it and followed this little boy on foot holding his puppy all the way (about a mile, we live in the Country) to his home. He tries to drive ON THE ROAD to get back, so I make him drive on the shoulder. We get there, sure enough his mom is freaking, we find the other puppy, problem solved.

I get back and relay this absolutely terrifying story to my Grandmother who then says "Oh I see him riding that thing on the road all the time I figured somebody must know where he is at".

UM, NO Grandma. This isn't the 1940's, anyone could have plucked that poor child up. He didn't know me from a can of paint but took me with him, maybe because I'm female and he saw my little boy he trusted me, but if some pervert guy had offered to "find his puppies" I'm sure he would have gone.

Now, I didn't get into it with the mother. Kids do crazy things, my son has broken out of the house butt naked in the rain without me knowing it ONCE and it'll never happen again. But, you can bet your bottom if I ever see that child out joy riding between his house and mine I will chew that mother out for all she is worth.

You did a great thing OP, don't let it get you down. Saving a child's life (which I truely believe you did) is worth a drunk tank and a little injustice in the end. S+F
edit on 8-7-2012 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
just look up the hollie greig case in scotland it should tell you all you want to know about the law and kiddie fiddlers

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I applaud you for getting involved....

I really feel you did save that boy.

The truth will come out...and you will be vindicated.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I hope the parents get in touch and they manage to find the owner of the bike and ask him some grueling questions. The little boy would be able to tell what happened, I am surprised they did not ask him what had happened. Very fishy the guy didn't come for his bike or even try to have u charged with assault, since you decked him first, I'm sure if he had been innocent and was just trying to help the kid he would have been on your case when the police got involved.

Glad you were there.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
While I was hold on the floor, the boy went gone, too. That´s the reason they will put it in the article too.

Thanks for all the applause and salute. I think everyone here would have done the same. Its just the right thing to do. But taking bullets into him would be a bit of an overreaction, I think.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
Just a few days ago I saw a young girl on the pavement with blood dripping from her knee and she was saying she'd broken her toe. I desprately wanted to help but I was too afraid to even go near her. I had just a couple of minutes before my train was due and in my mind I used that as the excuse I needed to not get involved.
As I walked away I felt so guilty I sent a text to my (adult) daughter who rushed down and helped the girl. She had broken her big toe and is now on crutches.

I feel so angry that we live in a world where we are too afaid to help each other. Who is to blame for this?

I expect people will call me names for not helping, but look at the title of this thread!!

True.. but sometimes its worth the risk.. and then there are folks like me who dont think about the ramifications.
I have an elementary school within walking distance and I walk around the block at times. I saw older boys who had a smaller kid on the ground and kicking at him and hitting him and sppitting at him. I ran over and pushed the standing boys back, got the younger kid and called the police on my cell. The parents actully wanted me arrested for TOUCHING their " minor children" by moving them away from a kid on the ground they were assaulting!
I told them to go for it.. the police refused in the ned though. These "minor children" were taller and larger than me... I kinda wished it would have went to court.. there would have been a 50/50 that the judge would have given the idiot parents a talking to. Unfortunately, they also wouldnt do anything about the assault on the little boy though. Bullies get a free ticket to be a bully I guess. I made a new friend though.. the kids mom

I understand your reluctance. I was a hairs breadth away from a lot of legal bills and atty fees for simply doing the right thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Let me get this straight. You find a 6-8 year old boy sitting alone by a tree. You intend to ask where his parents are because you are concerned that he is by himself and it is getting dark. When someone else comes up and asks where the boy's parents are and suggests he go with him ( probably because it was getting dark and the boy was by himself), you jump out from around a corner and beat the crap out of him.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It is a strange world when children out playing makes people terrified.

Valentine - one of the things people should teach children is that if they are in a bad way, they should approach women with children with them. This is probably the safest demographic they can quickly identify in any situation, and the one most likely to involve themselves.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Well, he fled and you should have heard him talking. You were not there. Time will tell if he comes to the police.
Its easy to judge me from behind a screen, I know.

I did not beat the # out of him. I lost blood, he didn´t.

I would have asked his adress or telephone number, not to come with me.... THIS is the proper way.
If he does not know, take him to the festival info center where he will be called out per loudspeaker.
Not taking him home. If he wasn´t on the festival, but knows his way home, go to the police center at the festival and they will bring him home. Its that easy.

I let my kids play outside, too. But if you turn on your brain, you´ll notice that it gets dark 9:30 pm and a kid that young shouldn´t be at a festival alone at this time. That has nothing to do with playing outside.

I know, you would have probably walked along. The next day you would read in the newspaper a boy is missing. Would you care?

BTW: If I really wanted to beat the crap out of him, he would have stand no chance. He would probably lying in hospital by now as this would be the second case I had to use my training. I would have rendered him unconcious with the first hit. Believe me he was pretty lucky. A split second I wanted to take him out but then he turned around. If I did not asked him what the # he tried to do, I could have taken him out with a good aimed hit at a Dim Mak point. He would probably be dead by now but neither the life of the boy, nor my life was in danger so I decided to place a good hit at the kidney. He probably pissed blood that night for sure.

Disclaimer: I´m a peace loving person. Every person in real life I met did asked twice when he heard (from other ones) that I have high dans in two fighting disciplines. If he had a weapon, he would be gone by now.

Its a matter of the law, too. I have two kids and a sick wife. Another son of a good friends that both died in an accident, I take care of if he needs my help. I can´t go to jail. Only if I can save a life of an innocent, I would go to that step. I dont know for sure either, as I never had to decide over the life of an attacker or its victim, gladly.

I´m not a person who starts a fight on myself. I rather walk away, and did several times in my life. But somewhere in life, you get to a point where you have to decide using force. In this case, it was yesterday night.

If the guy comes to police without fear about the accusations he will face, I will gladly apologize and do whatever is needed to get that thing right.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

Same to you. You weren´t there. Its easy to jump on a bandwagon. I would like to see you in that situation.
You make fun out of me writing that. That´s really disgusting and disrespectful towards me.

At least you are right with your last point about the family approach!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There was no reason to punch the guy unless he assaulted you first. You should have called the police and waited there with the kid until they came.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SibylofErythrae

It is a strange world when children out playing makes people terrified.

I guess you've been fortunate enough not to have a stranger stop his vehicle, get out and then approach your child while they were playing in a fenced in yard. So, no, a parent shouldn't take their eyes off of a child that age for even a moment, regardless of where they are playing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join