It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual air activity over UK

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes. Ive just seen over 30 Hawk Trainers fly over North Wales, this is highly unusual to see so many aircraft together at one time, you may see the odd one here and there, usually a few more the closer you get RAF Valley, but not this many over me. A friend of mine said there were also at least 11 that flew over yesterday. Its probably nothing but its making tin foil hat itch. Anybody know whats going on, is it just training, is there an airshow?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
That's an unusual amount, especially as it's a weekend. The International Air Tattoo is on at Fairford this weekend, so it may be connected with that? Maybe a special unit celbration thingy?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
It is the airshow season, they are probably practicing for the displays.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
We have had low and fast fighters flying over oxfordshire for the last few weeks. Had a couple come over about 1 hour ago.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
it was just an unusual amount especially for Hawks I only ever see two to three, unless of course its the Red Arrows and these werent the Red Arrows :-)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by richoxon

What were they Typhoons or Tornados?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

Olympics are just 3 weeks away - could be connected with this.

There are always scheduled test drills too before a false flag event

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
By the time i got to the window and figured out a direction, they were just going out of sight.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Sounds like it should have been 27 Hawk trainers - they're due to fly over Fairford in an E II R formation

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Hey, i was over at anglesey a few weeks back and saw a huge plane take off from raf valley, it had 4 jet engines two on each wing and was enormous, i reckon it was a lockheed galaxy. I got a pic of it but by the time i got my camera it was too far and the shot i got was blurry so i deleted it. I also got pics of a lynx helicopter that flew past a few times. so i'd agree theres alot more activity than usual. (usual being a couple of hawks training).

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It was definately over 30 planes

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKmonster

Hey, i was over at anglesey a few weeks back and saw a huge plane take off from raf valley, it had 4 jet engines two on each wing and was enormous, i reckon it was a lockheed galaxy. I got a pic of it but by the time i got my camera it was too far and the shot i got was blurry so i deleted it. I also got pics of a lynx helicopter that flew past a few times. so i'd agree theres alot more activity than usual. (usual being a couple of hawks training).

Sounds like a Galaxy, they have allsorts of aircraft land there

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Maybe they flew out a few spares? Not sure we how many Hawks there are with the display team at Valley these days? But seems odd to have 2 flights in the sky at the same time.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It's airshow season, RIAT and Farnborough this week alone.

What you probably saw were 27 Hawks in the ER formation flypast that flew over Fairford on Sunday. They had to form up over Wales to pick up planes from RAF Valley. I know, I watched them fly overhead in formation.

Not every aircraft movement is the start of World War 3. Same as the Ospreys the other day.

edit on 9-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Not every aircraft movement is the start of World War 3. Same as the Ospreys the other day.

edit on 9-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

True I think you may have a point there

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

What you saw is the repeat of the 'Diamond Jubilee Flypast - EIIR Hawk Formation' from May. This was for the airshow at RAF Fairford (RIAT)

www.airtattoo.com...

The formation was noted by aircraft enthusiasts on Sun Jul 08

27 Hawks passed north of Cheltenham at 1225. on run in to Riat for fly past.

Sun Jul 08

www.fightercontrol.co.uk...

www.aeroresource.co.uk...

Video from the May flypast

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I personally think that it could be men/women on training exercises. reply to post by Shminkee Pinkee

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I live on the Suffolk coast in UK and I operate Radar, have for some time, and in the last 3 weeks we have been seeing about 30 to 45 Boeing C-17A Globe's coming in, mostly at night, but about 12-16 in day light time too.
Yes something is going on, I am hearing of big forces build up in the Balkans near Georgia over the last few days, maby that is to do with it.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
I live on the Suffolk coast in UK and I operate Radar, have for some time, and in the last 3 weeks we have been seeing about 30 to 45 Boeing C-17A Globe's coming in, mostly at night, but about 12-16 in day light time too.
Yes something is going on, I am hearing of big forces build up in the Balkans near Georgia over the last few days, maby that is to do with it.

Seriously. Stop with the bull crap posts. It is simply fear mongering. Why are no other aircraft enthusiast noting all your C-17 or other military movements? Nothing is going on apart from routine military movements. Try joining dedicated enthusiast websites and try telling them that you are seeing massive military movements.

www.fightercontrol.co.uk...

forums.airshows.co.uk...

www.scramble.nl...

Think about the thousands of aviation enthusiasts in the UK and in Europe monitoring the movements on a daily basis?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

I'm sorry I upset you about my posts on here, however what I said I still stand by, though I am not seeing so much plane movement over here the last few days I must admit. If you have £450 to spare you as I have can buy yourself the latest home radar system to see whats going on yourself.

<<   2 >>

join