It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking out loud about the UFO Phenomenon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I know that anybody who's even thought about UFOs has wondered :

Why are they here?
What do they want?
How they do that?
They must be demonic, lol? (some may be, just like humans)
Are they friendly, etc.
Do they exist at all?

I admit I do too. But, I've glanced at a few threads on here calling them demons, evil, etc.

BUT..... what if they are angels watching over this earth as that Almightly Force in the Universe (God) has instructed them to do. (They) are our (Earth) babysitters,caretakers, watch over the North, South, East and West as their Commander in Chief tells them to do.

Infiltrating our Governments with hybrids or just changing into human form to find out how close we are to pushing the red button and blowing ourselves and this planet to Kingdom come.

This video came to my mind and I wondered why would these beings do these things if they wished the demise of the human race? I know it's been seen before, I'm sure of it on here, but it's just to illustrate a point, they don't wish us any harm.

UFO shot down a missile in Taiwan 2011

I do know that this is contingent on this being real UFOs, but it makes you wonder.

UFOs Stop US Missiles

Just my thoughts on the UFO matter..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have a new idea of what ufo's are.

# in the distance we can't make out.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eternity4us

UFOs are real and fake at the same time and just about anything folk can imagine in between.

They've been reported near and around missile and nuclear weapons sites since 1944 or earlier. The fact that sightings have been reported in these areas allow people to speculate about motivations, but that's all it is...guesswork.

I agree with your point that *demons* have become a popular explanation. To me, that answer is using something unknown to explain something unidentified. Likewise, using *angels* to explain the unidentified is equally based on what someone believes in. For instance, if you don't believe in demons or angels, you might interpret UFOs as hoaxes, misidentifications, time-travellers or aliens.

Getting deep into the subject is a real can of worms. Almost any scenario can be supported by picking out some reports and leaving out the rest. If we waste spend time looking into a broad selection of reports, it becomes bloody hard to draw a conclusion worth defending.

In the meantime, I applaud your right to 'think out loud' because it's what all flavours of ufology are based on.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
UFO's are stuff thats unidentified, the moment you suggest they are visiting aliens then you are identifying them as space ships. You cant have it both ways. Assuming because something is unidentified it MUST be something that has never even been proved to exist (alien or demon) is a huuuge leap of faith. You might as well throw a possibility that they could be dragons while you are at it.

You could modify your questions to 'why are visiting space ships here?' but no one has ever identified a UFO to be a visiting space ship.

edit on 5-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by eternity4us

Why are they here? -- Because we're here.

What do they want? -- What we want.

How they do that? -- It has something to do with seeing and being seen.

They must be demonic, lol? (some may be, just like humans) -- "Demonic" as to how they exist, but "evil" is a definition the ignorant bring to the party through their beliefs in old myths.

Are they friendly, etc. -- They're not inherently anything.

Do they exist at all? -- It depends on what you mean by "exist."

edit on 5-7-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
I have a new idea of what ufo's are.

# in the distance we can't make out.

So it's your understanding that UFOs are all objects seen at a distance? Maybe you should do some reading.

Sightings within about 500 feet are subclassified as various types of "close encounter." Hynek and others[4] argued a claimed close encounter must occur within about 500 feet to greatly reduce or eliminate the possibility of misidentifying conventional aircraft or other known phenomena.

Get a copy of Th e UFO Experience: A Scientific Inquiry by J. Allen Hynek for about two bucks on Amazon.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hi Eternity4us,

Why are they here?

It is all conjecture. My opinion is just that, so when I say what I think, it's based only on my own ideas and experiences. I think there are likely several groups here for different purposes and reasons that are not human and for all intent and purposes, intelligent alien beings. Of course, to call them angel, alien, demon, or fairy is neither here nor there is it? It is all semantics. This phenomenon is ancient and in another 1000 years will be referred to in some other linguistic jaragon.

What do they want?

I'd daresay the reasons vary with how many "groups" or different types of intelligences interact with us. Overall I would assume they want the right to exist - live. Just like us.

How they do that?

I don't know.

I think it likely that some alien intelligences ould be considered demonic "like" in their way of thinking from OUR perspective. We have no way of gauging how two alien cultures and societies would clash. Perhaps this is why a barrier is kept between us and them?

Are they friendly, etc.

It is likely that some are. More likely many are indifferent. There have been many indication to suggest that not all close contact experiences were negative. However, I would consider interfering with missile testing an act of aggression...but then I'm a military brat - been green myself. I look at things like flying in our airspace without explaining yourself wrong. So how friendly are they realistically, if subterfuge is needed?

Do they exist at all?

Yes.

~ Serra

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
UFO's are stuff thats unidentified, the moment you suggest they are visiting aliens then you are identifying them as space ships. You cant have it both ways. Assuming because something is unidentified it MUST be something that has never even been proved to exist (alien or demon) is a huuuge leap of faith. You might as well throw a possibility that they could be dragons while you are at it.

You could modify your questions to 'why are visiting space ships here?' but no one has ever identified a UFO to be a visiting space ship.

edit on 5-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Agreed, but observing some of these cases and the feats these vehicles accomplish that are light years ahead of our most advanced propulsion systems, it is difficult not to consider the extraterrestrial hypothesis when wondering where these things come from.

Of course, it is just as plausible and more likely (in my opinion) that these vehicles are created and operated by the U.S military, but then that also raises the question how military scientists can advance so much more quickly in physics and engineering than the private sector.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by eternity4us
I know that anybody who's even thought about UFOs has wondered :

Why are they here?
What do they want?
How they do that?
Are they friendly, etc.
Do they exist at all?

I admit I do too. But, I've glanced at a few threads on here calling them demons, evil, etc.

BUT..... what if they are angels watching over this earth as that Almightly Force in the Universe (God) has instructed them to do. (They) are our (Earth) babysitters,caretakers, watch over the North, South, East and West as their Commander in Chief tells them to do.

Infiltrating our Governments with hybrids or just changing into human form to find out how close we are to pushing the red button and blowing ourselves and this planet to Kingdom come.

This video came to my mind and I wondered why would these beings do these things if they wished the demise of the human race? I know it's been seen before, I'm sure of it on here, but it's just to illustrate a point, they don't wish us any harm.

UFO shot down a missile in Taiwan 2011

I do know that this is contingent on this being real UFOs, but it makes you wonder.

UFOs Stop US Missiles

Just my thoughts on the UFO matter..

That second video (Larry King) is one of the best, Bob Jacobs is incredibly impressive. If I've ever heard anybody talk about ufo's, he is truly one of the very best. And his no-nonsense approach is heroic!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Serraphina

Very well-said. I think the key point to take away from this is that what we do know is far outweighed by what we don't know.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I agree with your point that *demons* have become a popular explanation. To me, that answer is using something unknown to explain something unidentified. Likewise, using *angels* to explain the unidentified is equally based on what someone believes in. For instance, if you don't believe in demons or angels, you might interpret UFOs as hoaxes, misidentifications, time-travellers or aliens.
Perhaps *angels* or *demons* was what they were called then (Biblical times) I don't know. Maybe they just didn't know what they were either or what they were encountering. Just a voice from above to them I guess. Interpret at will.

Getting deep into the subject is a real can of worms. Almost any scenario can be supported by picking out some reports and leaving out the rest. If we waste spend time looking into a broad selection of reports, it becomes bloody hard to draw a conclusion worth defending.
But.....it's sure fun trying to figure it out. To me anyway.

In the meantime, I applaud your right to 'think out loud' because it's what all flavours of ufology are based on.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

The contactees themselves are told *they* are visiting from Venus, Inner Earth, etc. So sneaky our little friends from where-ever huh?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Wellllll. I see you've thought alot about this yourself.

I'll keep asking questions. Appreciate the reply.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Serraphina

However, I would consider interfering with missile testing an act of aggression...but then I'm a military brat - been green myself. I look at things like flying in our airspace without explaining yourself wrong. So how friendly are they realistically, if subterfuge is needed?
Thanks for your reply. Really well spoken it was.

This is just me, but if they are stopping missles from detonating or at least showing *us* that they can and *will* do it, then to me at least this is a good sign.

How could it be an act of *aggression* ???? And I wonder why they don't get involved in the middle east bombing to really show their might. That would probably put an end to it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

That second video (Larry King) is one of the best, Bob Jacobs is incredibly impressive. If I've ever heard anybody talk about ufo's, he is truly one of the very best. And his no-nonsense approach is heroic!
This video was one that really impressed me as well.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Things like dreams, visions, out-of-body experiences, telepathy, mind-over-matter, etc are points on a consciousness continuum. A "UFO" is also a point on that continuum...but it's very difficult to see that until you a) have seen UFOs and b) become a 'UFO contactee' and c) have temporarily become a UFO yourself.

edit on 6-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Damn good question here's what I think
its not a dream or a trick of the mind, its not directly linked to religion (yet) its not "whatever you want it to be" thats a noodly meaningless answer- so basically who? why? what? how?:
They are like us so they must come planets similar to ours-why do they tend to be humanoid-evolution of design, a fish monster can't do engineering as well as a chimp-we got the edge, they got the jump on us by a million years.
Why?
same reason we go looking on the moon, or just over the next hill-why would we? Knowledge, research and resources- new territories.
How? Assuming they come from another planet and we haven't discovered it yet; that's a long way away, light years away, almost certainly near another sun. the speed and time required means there is probably a way of bending space to jump the gap (the loop created by bending two opposing points together, if you can do this then you do not have to move in order to travel.
Many of the objects we see reported as UFO's here wobble, fade in and out of visibility as if they are interdimensional-there are pleanty of NASA and ISS feeds showing the "now you see me now you don't" phenomina I'm alluding to, and that leads me to believe they manipulate gravity with a heavy element reaction, if they can do this they can bend space and time and avoid clutter. This would also enable independent of physics turns and other high alpha/delta manoevering as their gravity field overrides ours. it is very difficult to explain this but those who know about the God Particle will understand heavy element gravity distortion which has a dilative effect on time. Of course all of this actual practise is way beyond us so we are the one left wondering-but to me the evidence is there that things can do this, and scientifically gravity/time dilation using heavy elements is a plausable explanation-more to come on that after a few more years at Serne LHC. Heavy elements are not necessary nuclear (subject to radioactive decay) which is good news for those experimenting on this in the next few years. But there does seem to be a correlation between spun mass and reduction of mass, even lift, without any obvious connection to lift-so something is there creating its own field/ wave or reducing earths field upon it.

Lastly and this is the bit where you all say "what?" no they are not necessarily demonic but we'll think they are if they want to steal our water, children, jello...whatever, they will be about as demonic as us. I am hoping they eventually come to teach us the errors of our ways and educate us that the knowledge we seek and religeon tie in together in the end but we're too stupid / biggoted to see it now, so weather you are religious or a scientist, you should think about where we came from and where God comes from and look to the heavens for your answers-to do otherwise sells the human race short.

join