It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Searching For "That Special Something"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The fact that you’re reading this thread right now means that you’re searching for something.

ADD seems to be the norm these days, relationships, marriage, work, and focus on any one thing for an extended period of time seems to be elusive, on all levels.

For some reason, we as a world, are very anxious about something, and no matter what our positions are in life, work, and play we seem to be looking for something that is not here in this physical world, or is it. We seem to know deep down what this something is, but we are not remember it, or finding it in this 3d world of perception.

Take a moment and think how restless you are as an individual, that no matter what you seem to do, never seems to be enough to satisfy that inner issue for “That Special Something”.

What is “That Special Something”?

We seem to look for it in other people and when we can’t find it many of us get angry take it out on others, and/or blame the other person for what we can’t seem to find. Some of us just withdraw from life which may help for a short time, but the emptiness is still there. I think the term awareness is a good one, because if it's something we already have inside ourselves, then who is really to blame.

I personally wish I had an answer for “That Special Something” and I could give everyone a link to follow and find what they are looking for. What if “That Special Something” in life is something that is free to give everyone and takes only a moment.

Whenever I get in moods, I stop and listen to a very powerful song called “Cats In The Cradle-Harry Chapin”

Some think the song is depressing, but I find it very inspiring because if one is aware, wise and compassionate it will help them to realize that the people and times for love are now, instead of planning for it in the future.

Hug and cherish the ones your love now because they will not always be here. No regrets we have choices now.

Maybe "That Special Something" is Love?

Peace out and love to you all,

RT

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Right on

Spread the love...

I love the lyrics to this song

Be love!!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thanks for the uplifting gesture friend

"Special something" could be many things, such as a little space or breathing room, a beautiful setting, a cool song, a moment of gratitude and of course so many things come back to love.
My song contribution for dull and drab times:
I Know I'm Not Alone - Micheal Franti and Spearhead

Peace and may a special something grace our presence today

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Thanks OP an thanks for the mucic this is my contriutaion www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ecossiepossie

That "special something" is a "connection", with someone or something, that pops up out of the blue, totally unexpected, and allows us to feel that, for a moment at least, we are not alone. Treasure it when it happens.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

In light of the world events transpiring it has been difficult for many people to focus on "Love".

Many of us are so quick to blame others for our problems, but we all have the power to make choices in our lives.

It's great to see others share the same philosophy, even though the words "Love" can mean many things we all know the feeling and results it produces, IMO they are all constructive and positive.

Peace out,

RT

new topics

top topics

join