It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gold Regulation; ‘May be biggest event in gold market since US dropped gold standard’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
stratrisks.com...

According to the draft documents released, when gold is currently held as an asset, it is risk weighted at 15% – that is, a 15% haircut is taken on its current value for capital adequacy calculations. (See page 86 of the attached Federal Reserve document.)

However, in this same document, they are proposing that there be no (zero) discount.

That would then put gold on the same basis as cash.

So what are they setting us up for? A crash for gold or replacement of dollar or ???

He points out that retail investors have more long positions in gold futures than short ones, while “commercial investors” have far more short positions than long. If the rule change is approved, perhaps US banks will start accumulating more gold as an efficient way to bolster their capital.

I think the commercial investors are move savvy than the retail.

Is this NWO manipulation?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
It sounds like they want to increase the gold values in their book. I am not sure what the 15% devaluation is suppose to represent, maybe changes in gold prices or security and storage costs. Maybe with all the digital trading it is the risk of actually getting paid out as there are a lot of scams going around.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I imagine the 15% represents the commission paid to the purchaser. "15 percent under spot" is a common practice when you are selling bullion. If the buyer paid you spot prices, he couldn't make a profit.

It's like the commission you pay a realtor when you buy or sell a house.....

join