It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people still don't get it, I guess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If I've chosen the wrong place to put this, address to a previous post, mods, please feel free to move it to the right place. Thank you.

I usually don't let the comments of others bother me too much my grandmother had a nice saying for that "Consider the source", but felt I had to address the situation one of my posts that brought such negative responses, so here it is.

It's not about fireworks, people though as long as they do so responsibly and safely should be able to celebrate this day in the way they feel fit to, after all that's what America was supposed to have been created for. If you want to chill and have beers then do so its called freedom.(just don't drink too much and drive.

I suppose, that to many peoples this advocation for freedom must make me a troll, and that could be farthest from the truth. I guess there''s quite a few of you that believe a few people in power, be it in your community or on levels from upon high can make up any excuse that comes to mind to keep us in our place.

I don't think I'm overly patriotic, or anything, my sentiments should be called common sense.

Have a Happy 4th

edit on 4-7-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add

edit on 4-7-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I don't understand....

....or I don't get it....I guess

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
I usually don't let the comments of others bother me too much my grandmother had a nice saying for that "Consider the source", but felt I had to address the situation one of my posts that brought such negative responses, so here it is.

It's not about fireworks, people though as long as they do so responsibly and safely should be able to celebrate this day in the way they feel fit to, after all that's what America was supposed to have been created for. If you want to chill and have beers then do so its called freedom.(just don't drink too much and drive.

I suppose, that to many peoples this advocation for freedom must make me a troll, and that could be farthest from the truth. I guess there''s quite a few of you that believe a few people in power, be it in your community or on levels from upon high can make up any excuse that comes to mind to keep us in our place.

I don't think I'm overly patriotic, or anything, my sentiments should be called common sense.

Happy 4th

What is in your statement that would make people even want to comment on it, much less be negative about it? I've made threads and posted replies on other threads that could be deemed highly opinionated (which I am), and no one responds. But you get an overwhelmingly negative response to your statement? I don't get it?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I think he is referring to this Thread. About fireworks vs migratory birds.

Clickkk!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I don't either, but there was one that had the nerve to call me a fool and troll over an opinion. And many thought I was just upset because of fireworks celebrations being taken away from a townspeople, not because of the fires (or heatwave that I could understand) but because of nesting birds.

That was mainly what I was addressing, the one who called me a troll was probably a troll themselves.

Have a happy 4th.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So instead of continuing the thread you made a new thread which should have been just a another post in your existing thread..................

Cool.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1loserel2
reply to post by jiggerj

I don't either, but there was one that had the nerve to call me a fool and troll over an opinion. And many thought I was just upset because of fireworks celebrations being taken away from a townspeople, not because of the fires (or heatwave that I could understand) but because of nesting birds.

That was mainly what I was addressing, the one who called me a troll was probably a troll themselves.

Have a happy 4th.

This is ATS, if you don't have a thick skin and can't let it roll off your shoulder when someone does not agree with you and calls you a troll, you shouldn't post. I read the thread and honestly, it's not that bad. I have seen far far worse.

Suck it up.

new topics

top topics

join