It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF warns on U.S. economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
An article just posted on CNN Money...

CNN Money

And let's take a quick look at two of my favorite quotes in the article.

"Continued policy action is needed to boost the recovery," IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said at a news conference. "We believe the U.S. authorities do not have a lot of space available to act, but they should use it to support the recovery in the near term."

"At the same time, promptly raising the debt ceiling would help reduce uncertainty and avoid the risk of losses in confidence and financial market instability as the deadline approaches," the IMF report said.

The IMF is telling the US to ignore it's debts and continue to pump false currency into it's markets... how in the hell does this make any sense? We (the US) iare hemmorhaging money and our national debt gets ever closer to $15 trillion... is this a planned action by the IMF to put the United States into the same financial bind as the European Union?

Very questionable strategy.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Planned destruction. All politicians have sold you out. It will happen suddenly. You will get no notice other than what common sense should be screaming inside your brain right now.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

I don't understand how it is reasonable to spend your way out of debt???

That's like eating your way thin... it just does not happen without some kind of remarkable external force.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well according to the USdebtclock the cumulative asset value of the u.s. is 90T usd.

They will be coming for your britches. Actually they already are.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The idea is to increase the supply so the economy doesn't dry up. This is a pretty basic idea in economics, and has shown repeatedly to fend off IMMEDIATE disaster.

Basically they are just opening up credit cards for our children and grandchildren.

Without a major overhaul of our system injecting more currency is really the only answer to fend off immediate far reaching economic problems.

Fix the system so we can stop borrowing from future generations. =P

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

My main issue with all of this is the fact that we are refusing to act, to take the hard steps and do the hard work OURSELVES and are instead passing the bill to our children and grandchildren.

Our grandparents gave us one of, if not the, greatest nation on Earth and all we have done is squander their work and turn a deaf ear to their teachings.

I can only imagine in 50 years, if things continue down the path they currently are, how much hatred that generation will have for ours when they are knee-deep in inflation and debt.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
reply to post by TinkerHaus

My main issue with all of this is the fact that we are refusing to act, to take the hard steps and do the hard work OURSELVES and are instead passing the bill to our children and grandchildren.

Our grandparents gave us one of, if not the, greatest nation on Earth and all we have done is squander their work and turn a deaf ear to their teachings.

I can only imagine in 50 years, if things continue down the path they currently are, how much hatred that generation will have for ours when they are knee-deep in inflation and debt.

As someone who has children, I totally and completely agree with you that we are robbing future generations..

I disagree, however, that our great grand parents left us the greatest country on Earth. The seeds of our economic downfall were planted in our grandparent's day, and they allowed that system to continue because at the time it was quickly and vastly rewarding. No one wanted to consider that living in a debt based currency system would have bigger and badder crashes as the timeline progressed.

Our grandparents hatched this problem, we're dealing the the beast it spawned. Sadly, I don't think the world is ready to defeat the beast, instead they will just temporarily satiate it's hunger.

top topics

join