It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK... Is It Riot Season Again Yet?.... The Police think so....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Due to many factors, the main one for me being that the schools are about to break up for the 6 week holiday, the police have stated in many reports that they think that there will be riots again soon...

Whether this happens remains to be seen..

But why shouldn't the kids riot?? Why should WE not riot??

Its seems that from the government, to the banking sector, the media and local government, that their vile filth, lies and thefts have infected the country from the top down

Crap DOES roll downhill afterall..

It seem that the only way to get rid of this infection is to burn it out... That or their disease will destroy us all..

Maybe though, the police themselves may start it to justify them not having to cut their jobs and numbers?..

Maybe a few lynched bankers could be good for the soul hey??

Link
e dit on 2-7-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
God only knows. The system is screwed, and I'm not very optimistic. Wouldn't surprise me in the least, though.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Nah, too wet for rioting this year.

And anyway, riots solve our problems in the same way a bullet in the head solves a headache

There are ways and means of dealing with bankers. Burning down a furniture shop, stealing iPhones, and killing old men isn't one of them - and those who think otherwise are welcome to a pair of concrete boots.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
God only knows. The system is screwed, and I'm not very optimistic. Wouldn't surprise me in the least, though.

Well.. Im putting in an order for a new plasma just in-case...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
Nah, too wet for rioting this year.

And anyway, riots solve our problems in the same way a bullet in the head solves a headache

There are ways and means of dealing with bankers. Burning down a furniture shop, stealing iPhones, and killing old men isn't one of them - and those who think otherwise are welcome to a pair of concrete boots.

True that..

Cant say I wouldnt smile at a few strung up bankers though....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

The people who would actually deal with the bankers are either unelectable or they're not in politics.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Riots are always good fun especially when you get some guy trying to be gangster with 25lb of rice and a hello kitty purse he stole

And if anyones fancies a riot can they come and do Stoke-on-Trent we could do with an improvement
and at the same time can i get a new 42" screen and a blu-ray player and perhaps a nice new lappy on order for when it does all kick off

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

It is possible.

I am amused by the reporting of this. It's almost like they are putting the idea in peoples heads.

Police state in time for the olympics? I wonder how that would go down!

Even without riots/police state, I can not imagine why anyone would want to come here at the moment. Britain is not exactly liked around the world, it's extremely expensive and the population is getting really wazzed off!

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Crap DOES roll downhill afterall..

Yes it would roll down hill. Gravity.

However in this case they are just plain #ting on you.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
If any riots are to start then you have to wait until london village has had its olympics......but on looking at the sentences given out for those idiots who took part last year this years crop of idiots may think twice.

Look if you want to make a point then all the working population has to do is stay at home and not bother going to work.............within 24hrs the country would be on its knees.

Wolfie

CX

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Cant say I wouldnt smile at a few strung up bankers though....

Must admit it might make a few more think before screwing the country again...however....

It never happens. All the riots produced last time was wrecked communities, wrecked by a few idiots that live there.

An opportunity for thieving chavs to run amok, don't get me wrong i'm all for protest, but what some of these vermin did during the riots deserved nothing more than a baton round to the nuts.

Oh well, time to go into the sports equipment business, didn't sales of baseball bats go up about 3000% on Amazon last time?

CX.
edit on 2/7/12 by CX because: My spelling was that of a clumsy child.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It depends what happens. It only took a spark to kick off the last riots. A protest outside a Police station in Tottenham turned into the mass rioting we saw. The weather at the time was warm and kids were out on the streets, which I believe was a big factor.

The conditions for young people haven't changed, their attitude to authority has probably hardened. It's just a shame they could not focus their anger on Parliament and the banks rather than stealing and destroying peoples business's.

I certainly wont be surprised if it kicks off again, just hope I'm not in London if it happens.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Riots are always good fun especially when you get some guy trying to be gangster with 25lb of rice and a hello kitty purse he stole

And if anyones fancies a riot can they come and do Stoke-on-Trent we could do with an improvement
and at the same time can i get a new 42" screen and a blu-ray player and perhaps a nice new lappy on order for when it does all kick off

I saw similar last year... They did five pounds (£) worth of damage around here! Bastards.... I forgot a new lappy.. Wrote that down too.....

Hello Kitty purse hey???? Interesting..... You would HAVE to be a hard nut to pull THAT off...
edit on 2-7-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Place your orders in now, come get em .
Fresh bankers brains get em while there cold
laptops for sale plasmas going cheap

im selling if your buying

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I suspect there will be riots soon, the banking scandal, the benefits plans, did you know someone set themselves on fire outside a birmingham job centre last week?

Plus when the true cost of the Olympics is finally revealled to the public... There are so many things, I do think we are on a knife edge right now, it could go either way. War is likely as a distraction, this talk of referrendum on the Euro is clearly a distraction too

PS I loved the statement from Osbourne that the money from FSA fines on banks would go to the tax payer, its seems up until now they just gave it to other banks lol
edit on 2-7-2012 by trustnothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The weather is too wet and miserable at the moment and not enough Stella in the sun been drank.

The Police are just fear mongering in light of the cuts they face - can't believe the way they've asked the public to support them after the heavy way they policed the anti-austerity cuts demonstrations.

You would have thought they'll be getting enough overtime with all this Olympics bollocks.

But who knows - give us a week or two of sunshine and things could easily change - and let's face it, the police aren't exactly adverse to using a few agent provocateurs every now and then are they.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Of course you are right but with all of the Morph suits around and less chance of being caught, some may take the gamble.

These are not the sort who care about others in the community, they are not part of it.

They see those 'with' as the enemy, even if they don't have much.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
I suspect there will be riots soon, the banking scandal, the benefits plans, did you know someone set themselves on fire outside a birmingham job centre last week?

And you know what else nobody's mentioned yet? The communities (or at least the blokes) who were also out on the streets attempting to take the law into their own hands. Something like that's going to be more volatile this time around.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I imagine those who were handed (government sanctioned) harsher punishments from the courts for shop lifting some Argos catalogue's, must wonder how these Bankers who have stollen billions and defrauded a nation get away with a slap on the wrist.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Ha Ha that was a classic line.
Thanks.
As some one mentioned in another thread. We need a cunning plan to solve this problem, of being shat upon from a high point. Riots wont do it. Unless the riots are aimed at the correct targets. Bankster and politicians. Our elected employees have taken us for a ride. Its about time we came up with some thing to put things right. The employees will want some kind of bs like the leverson enquiry. We can not let them wash these crimes away. Like their own criminel acts, the expenses scandal. The entire system is corupt, so I think its about time we tried some thing else. I like the venus project idea.
edit on 2-7-2012 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join