It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ZOMBIES!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yes, the most foul of the unliving. Zombies. I've been watching 28 Days Later a lot (Like, maybe, three or four times in the last two days) and I wanted everyone speculative opinions on the following:

- What to do in case of zombie assault
- Where to hide out, and if to hide out at all
- global implications of infectious zombieocity

For thsoe who haven't seen the movie, I refer to zombies not as the shambling kind, but the blood-puking, infectious, fact, vicious variety.

Opinions? My friends and I have been arguing about ti for about an hour.

DE

[Edited on 6-10-2004 by DeusEx]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
What do i do incase of Zombie attack? Get my dads Spas 12, and as many shells as I can carry, hop into my moms car (since my doesnt run) and drive out to the country. Then find some hot young thing to repopulate the planet with. Then find some sort of bunker, or underground house thing, and live out the rest of the attack until A.a cure is found, B.the zombies win or C.the humans win.

Hmm...stored? Food...guns...bullets...knives...fuel...lotsa water...some sort of internet connection...cable for TV...electricity generator...and we're gonna need SOME alcohol.

Global Zombieocity would mean total takeover by the zombies. All humans would be dead, and the hopes of a cure being found would be slim to none. But if after a while they ran out of humans to eat, they would start to die off. Then the humans that are in hiding could regain power and repopulate the planet.

Frankly I think the movie sucked ass...IMHO

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The end left something to be desired, but the start was good, and the cinematography was excellent, and the concept wasn't bad at all.

DLM, here' the problem- Hot young thang might be infected or dead. and your shotgun would run out of shells sometime. Do I need to speculate what would happen in a Zombie Ambush? Or perhaps malign huuuuuuuuumans?

DE

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
The end left something to be desired, but the start was good, and the cinematography was excellent, and the concept wasn't bad at all.

Indeed. I only saw 1 of the...waht? 4 endings? And the big banner that said Hello...i think...to an overflying plane was just.........weird.

DLM, here' the problem- Hot young thang might be infected or dead. and your shotgun would run out of shells sometime. Do I need to speculate what would happen in a Zombie Ambush? Or perhaps malign huuuuuuuuumans?

In 28 days later you were able to tell if the humans were infected, they had bloodshot eyes, and thirsted for blood. And how would she be dead if she was in the bunker with me? Its not somebody I know, im just saying I would drive out there...and try and find SOME hot young thing to repopulate the area with. And yes, a shotgun would run out of shells after a while, out in the country where there arent a whole lot of people, hence not alot of Zombies, I wouldnt need to use it often. There would be other ways to fend off Zombies, like ramming them with the car, elecrtic fence around the bunker thing. Now, the hard part, the humans that may wanna try and take us over. I figure that if there are some humans left, then they would have the skill to fend for themselves, and would be able to get themselves some food, or have food already stored in case of impending Zombie attack. In the case of a few people that wanna try and take my food and #, if there isnt TOO many of them...like 4-5...then I would invite them to stay with us. Of course we would have a garden inside the bunker to grow our food, and we could go out searching for food and weapons and whatever we may need. Also, since Im right near an air force base, I could easily get a APC or something similar on the way to the bunker. That would protect us from Zombies while we go and search for food.

Has anybody pondered over the meaning of Zombie?? The Undead. When Un means NOT...and dead means...DEAD. So Zombie basically means Not Dead. So we're ALL Zombies!!! WHOO!!!! Do the Zombie Time!!

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
1.Get all your mates any that are left alive
2. get any weapons you can find to bash there heads in
3. go some place safe has food and water and fun. yes (A SUPERMARKET)
why it has food water and everything you'll ever need of course. failing that the pub or the pictures will do

4. the global side if your on a island how can it spread safe to say the rest of you are ok. Or you can nuke them into the next world. or bit by bit just kill them till you take controll and repopulate.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
You're all zombies! ZOMBIES EVERYWHERE!

*gets shotgun and starts shooting*

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i live in alaska in the mountains where everyone has lots and lots of guns and all kinds of vehicles. in my current position i might do well if zombies were to attack

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Zombies scare me....

28 days was an awesome movie !!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindseye
i live in alaska in the mountains where everyone has lots and lots of guns and all kinds of vehicles. in my current position i might do well if zombies were to attack

Yup...us Alaskans are some gun loving folk!!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
dont fear elevatedone i am trained well in dispatching zombies so stick with me and you will live.... oh ya i forgot zombies arent real.....but if they ever turn out to be real........

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
First I would gather togather all my in-laws

Second I would throw all my in-laws to the Zombies

Third I would shot the Zombies while they were busy eating my in-laws, which would be a mercy killing because otherwise they would die slowly from food posioning

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What To Do:

Hijack a trucks with friends and family have each one get to the local food stores ASAP, and load it with foodstuff. Go to the nearest guns and amoo store and take everything. (now that assualt weapons are legel, things might work out in a zombie attack :lol
. Go the a gas station and fill about 10 barrells full of gas.

Now that you have an army of trucks get to Alaska or the nearest desolate area or get on a zombie free boat and get to the nearest uninhabited island. Restart society. Also look for underground bunkers and missile silos.

Eventually the zombiess will die out presuming these are the classic slow and dumb zombies not the smart fast zombies of newer flicks. If they are we're screwed......wait they are undead so they are already dead but they are lviing so in fact they are not realisticly dead.

If zombies were real we'd be scewed in the long run. But a scarier scenario is if someone was infected with the Thing while you were in Alaska or a desolate place. That'd be scary.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
First I would gather togather all my in-laws

Second I would throw all my in-laws to the Zombies

Third I would shot the Zombies while they were busy eating my in-laws, which would be a mercy killing because otherwise they would die slowly from food posioning

LOL

You don't need to be the fastest person to outrun a zombie, you jsut need to trip one of the slower folks.

DE

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I don�t think guns will help with the zombies their already dead you know. Maybe you could blow off a leg with a shotgun to slow them down but it�s not going to kill them. What you need is a flame thrower to incinerate their entire body.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Ah, but you could dismember the undead with one's gats. Taht and slowing them down seems like a priority. Once that's done...a gas can and some matches would finish the job.

DE

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Actually if you incorporate Shaun of the Dead into the mix, blasting there heads off would do the trick.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Ah, but you could dismember the undead with one's gats. Taht and slowing them down seems like a priority. Once that's done...a gas can and some matches would finish the job.

Yeah but with Zombies you want to hit and run, you can�t afford to shoot them up, get them into a pile grab the gas can and light the fire. Zombies are dead rotting corpses, they are tender dry having lost all their fluids they will go up like a tinder box. The flame thrower is the foremost zombie killing tool, this has been confirmed by leading scientist throughout the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well if we got our hands on some napalm............. or flame throwers

I always figured zombies were moist and soft.

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by JediMaster]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I also assumed they were full of inert vital fluids. fire would not neccesarily work best, in the case of fresh 'uns. And the gas can tactics could be used on stranglers, loners or small groups. Booby traps would also be pretty effective, if you could lure zombies under heavy things or into pits.

DE

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No way, look at this one, dry as a bone. Look at his emaciated face, arms and legs this guy is a perfect candidate for the flame thrower. One sweep over him and it�s all over, �ashes to ashes dust to dust�.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join