It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God THREE INCHES tall?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Whilst this might seem absurd, according to scripture, this is logically the case if one considers that the Arc of the Covenant is the home of God and its dimensions are quite specific.

Furthermore, various people have specullated whether the Arc had something like an alien powerpack in it. Is it possible that it ACTUALLY had a complete, fully-armed UFO inside?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If the Arc merely had a pwoer source, surely the bearers would have died long before any army opposing the Israelites, but, given a fully armed UFO for a 3 inch alien, would it be any surprise that they would have won every time?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wow that quite some theory you have there.

Maybe this thread would have been more suited in the skunk works forum

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Where are you getting this 3 inch Ark of the Covenant idea from

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It's like the TARDIS its bigger on the inside

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That is an intriguing question. If God is a tangible being then how big is God? Us humans always want to build bigger and greater than ourselves so maybe this is a trait we inherited. Maybe God is very small in size? Could be or maybe we live inside God now. What if God is unimaginably enormous and we live somewhere in his/her Colon or maybe even Kidney?

Maybe the Earth is a Kidney stone.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bearwithredhat
Whilst this might seem absurd, according to scripture, this is logically the case if one considers that the Arc of the Covenant is the home of God and its dimensions are quite specific.

Furthermore, various people have specullated whether the Arc had something like an alien powerpack in it. Is it possible that it ACTUALLY had a complete, fully-armed UFO inside?

According to scripture? What scripture? What chapter? What verse?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
YES he is, he lives in my underpants and when he gets happy he grows to 6 inches

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think it'd be more realistic to suggest that what many of us call "God" comes in all shapes and sizes. Goddess too.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

When it was described that the Arc was "The home of God" it was meant in an allegorical way, referring to the appearence of his Voice and sometimes also image, that appeared right above the surface of the Arc in its "Seat", right between where the wingtips of the two Cherubiums carved upon it, met.
It was in this place, that the contact with God was made;

22And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

As said previously, sometimes an actual image of God also appeared above this specific place, along with His voice, so it is not really that odd that the people of that time thought that He actually dwellt inside the Arc.

One could actually liken it to when the American and Japanese Soldiers that flew in over the Islands of the Pacific Ocean during WW2, demonstrated a Gramophone to the natives, and the natives thought that it was a box filled with Spirits that sang and spoke.

As for the actual size of "The Lord", He seems, according to Info left here and there throughout the Biblical texts, to have been quite tall, although probably not over 4 Meters, however. But, nonetheless, tall, as the following example reveals(if one now is supposed to take it literally), from when Moses insisted that he wanted to see what God actually looked like, as he hadn't been able to get a good look before, and because he wanted to know whom he "worked for", something which Yahweh agreed to;

21There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. 22 When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. 23 Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

So, if he can "Cover someone with his hand", he must be taller than three inches.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
It's like the TARDIS its bigger on the inside

A Genie in a bottle..........

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So that would make God about an inch taller than Tom Cruise. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This sounds like a scene out of MIB.....all you need is a cat with a necklace....

Des

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
LOL... interesting assumptions. Can this be moved to skunkworks?

Oops... by the way I just crushed God on my way to the kitchen! I think He's dead now... well He doesn't look good. Didn't noticed Him... sorry!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but my 'God' is 7 inches :-)

But seriously, I doubt it.
I don't believe the Ark even exists and if it does I think the 'historical facts' are blown way out of proportion.

Much like 'Na Claoimh Solais' in Irish mythology. If it does exist I don't believe it is all that it is blown up to be.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
perhaps. but considering that we are all theoretically contained within God...how tall are we?

i think the answer to the question isn't all that obvious.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So, if he can "Cover someone with his hand", he must be taller than three inches

Unless he is a little dude with massive hands

Cran

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

YES he is, he lives in my underpants and when he gets happy he grows to 6 inches

6 inches? That's all?
My god is 6 inches before getting happy
That's when you really bow down to him!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Explanation: Uhmmm?

Here ... The missing Ark of the Covenant and its whereabouts. (by lonewolf19792000 posted on 20-9-2011 @ 09:10 AM) [ATS]

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread754783/pg1#pid12369737]post by lonewolf19792000

Explanation: Uhmmm?

It is NOT lost at all!

It belongs to God!

Revelation 11:19 (KJV) [blueletterbible.org]

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Personal Disclosure:

And furthermore ...

Originally posted by Revolution9
reply to post by OmegaLogos

From the Scriptures you quote you will of course know that The Ark on Earth was a replica even of the True Ark in Heaven. The Ark was man made as a task for The Most High. The real Covenant is Heavenly.

And finally what doesn't the OP understand about God being Omnipresent [both immanant and transcendant]???

Personal Disclosure: What size is not God?
Anything less than everything is not Godly ok!

edit on 30-6-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add missing thread link. :shk:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
"God" either was gigantic or tiny
Check the links below if you wanna know more:
tiny:
www.stevequayle.com...

And here (video, must see):
www.youtube.com...

www.stevequayle.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>