It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality Worse Than Rodney King

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I did a quick search and did not find this posted on the boards yet. This caught my attention browsing through youtube. This story NEEDS to go viral to help the victim, Mr. Robert Leon, who is currently incarcerated. Watching this video, I was simply flabbergasted as so many emotions were running through me at once.
This video is about 30 mins long explaining Mr. Leon's situation.
Exercise caution watching this video.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Police know they can get away with it.
So they do it.
Simple as that.

We the people must take back control of our society.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Seems legit...

There has been a high level cover up of this entire matter by the Pennsylvania State Police

Mr. Leone was charged with a felony for using his face to break the Troopers hand

When finally stopped by the police Mr. Leone COULD NOT comply with the orders of the arresting officers to exit his vehicle with his hands up because one of the officers had blocked Mr. Leone’s door with his patrol car. Mr. Leone sat calmly in his driver’s seat with both hands on his steering wheel, smoking a cigarette. Mr. Leone was tasered multiple times through his sun roof even though he did not display ANY threatening behavior whatsoever. Mr. Leone was then forcibly removed through his passenger door and repeatedly beaten, kicked and tasered while not even attempting to defend himself. The Senior State Police Officer is clearly seen jumping from Mr. Leone’s car roof and intentionally stomping Mr. Leone with both of his feet and all of his weight while Mr. Leone is face down on the ground.

Mr. Leone was repeatedly beaten by out-of-control State Troopers before and after he was handcuffed and also after he was hog tied. Numerous non-authorized maneuvers were used against Mr. Leone by the arresting Officers including the punching in his face with a closed fist by one of the Troopers.

This punch caused the Trooper to break his own hand on Mr. Leone’s face. Mr. Leone was subsequently charged with a felony charge of Aggravated Assault on a Police Officer for using his face to break the Troopers hand (I am not kidding). LINK

edit on 30-6-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
I did a quick search and did not find this posted on the boards yet. This caught my attention browsing through youtube. This story NEEDS to go viral to help the victim, Mr. Robert Leon, who is currently incarcerated. Watching this video, I was simply flabbergasted as so many emotions were running through me at once.
This video is about 30 mins long explaining Mr. Leon's situation.
Exercise caution watching this video.

I mean, dude should have stopped, but there was no reason for any of that to happen.

A car to pull around him and hit the breaks would have done the trick. Instead they total a vehicle put him in a ditch, pin him in the car, taze him through the sun roof, yank him out through the passenger, jump off the roof of the car onto dudes back, continue to beat him, a police officer breaks his hand on his head, they cuff him, he doesn't resist, he walks all the way to the squad car voluntarily where he gets beat up and berated some more, hog tied, and beaten some more.

He gets told he's about to be somebodies butt bitch and continued to be assaulted. Then he gets told by the officer, I'm gonna ask you a series of questions where your only answer is "Yes sir, or No Sir" but the first question he is asked is not a yes or no question, he is asked "What the "F" is your problem."

I mean, seriously....

How could you give a yes or no answer to a question that cannot be answered yes or no? This is absurd. This is what is wrong with the idea of "Authority." Authority does not exist. It's a flawed concept used to oppress.

And then after all of that, he wants to pay for his OWN medical and they deny him??? Get real, these guys just wanted to ruin his life....

In before all the people say he deserved to be beaten. They are coming, just wait for them.
edit on 30-6-2012 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
That dude nearly put me to sleep.Clearly he's reading from some kind of script and poorly at that.Not to mention he's doing nothing but making excuses for the guy.I'm not going to let you anti-police ATS posters influence me so I'm off to do my own research before commenting further.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
That dude nearly put me to sleep.Clearly he's reading from some kind of script and poorly at that.Not to mention he's doing nothing but making excuses for the guy.I'm not going to let you anti-police ATS posters influence me so I'm off to do my own research before commenting further.

Too bad he doesn't have a million dollars to fight the police in court.

All I can say is reserve the same rights for others as you would want for yourself.
Police brutality does not have prejudice, it could have happened to you, your family or friends.

ETA:
After watching it all I can comment that I heard no excuses made, only a review of what happened.

If you were genuinely pro-police you would want crimes like this to be exposed so that bad police do not put the lives of good police at risk due to people being marginalized, assaulted and dehumanized.

edit on 30-6-2012 by HumanCondition because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Jesse from breaking bad!

This # pisses me off they tazer the # outa him and say hes fighting back. Cops can be real dicks

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Fair enough... I'm not anti-police... If something is legit justified, I will say so. This was not.

I'm not saying Leonne didn't do wrong, but again -- what he did, didn't justify the beat down he received.

I don't care if you murder 25 babies, once your in cuffs it's over. There is no reason whatsoever to beat somebody who cannot defend themselves. That is EXACTLY what court and prison is for. His punishment is supposed to be served by the courts, not the police. Once the situation is contained there is NO excuse of ANY KIND for additional violence.

If the suspect is non-combative, there is NO EXCUSE OF ANY KIND for VIOLENCE of ANY level.

As I said, yeah, the guy should have pulled over, but there are many people who don't pull over and don't receive beat downs.

Why? because it's just NOT necessary, and it's criminal to boot... More often, the crime of beating the suspect is worse than the crime the suspect allegedly committed and is being beaten for.

Total hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I'm not going to let you anti-police ATS posters influence me so I'm off to do my own research before commenting further.

Knock yourself out...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

As I said, yeah, the guy should have pulled over, but there are many people who don't pull over and don't receive beat downs.

Total hypocrisy.

Doesn't that say it all though? He ran FOR A REASON.You don't just randomly have 5 police cars following you for a minor traffic infraction.It doesn't happen.You do something to draw that attention.And as I'm learning now,he was involved in some kind of hit and run.And oh,may have been drunk.I'm still researching.

Now,that does not justify being beat,as you said,once you're in cuffs.And,in the video in the op,it wasn't because he was bipolar and not taking his meds and didn't understand why the cops weren't passing him.That's propaganda at it's finest.You know it and I know it.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Total hypocrisy.

Doesn't that say it all though? He ran FOR A REASON.You don't just randomly have 5 police cars following you for a minor traffic infraction.It doesn't happen.You do something to draw that attention.And as I'm learning now,he was involved in some kind of hit and run.And oh,may have been drunk.I'm still researching.

Now,that does not justify being beat,as you said,once you're in cuffs.And,in the video in the op,it wasn't because he was bipolar and not taking his meds and didn't understand why the cops weren't passing him.That's propaganda at it's finest.You know it and I know it.

People like you really do disgust me.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I'm not in denial about anything,pal.I'm not naive.I know police brutality is real.It does happen.And it's wrong SOMEtimes. Excuse me if I don't by some criminals version of how things went down.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition

Total hypocrisy.

People like you really do disgust me.

I can guarentee you I won't lose any sleep over what some stranger on the internet who doesn't know me thinks about me.

edit on 30-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

I'm not in denial about anything,pal.I'm not naive.I know police brutality is real.It does happen.And it's wrong SOMEtimes. Excuse me if I don't by some criminals version of how things went down.

Hahahaha
It feels bad to say but I really do hope that you may experience it first hand like this guy did.
You are disgusting.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Hahahaha
It feels bad to say but I really do hope that you may experience it first hand like this guy did.
You are disgusting.

That's lovely.

Guess what? I won't experience it because get this..........................................................................................................

I'm not a criminal. I can tell you're a real stand up guy.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Hahahaha
You are disgusting.

That's lovely.

Guess what? I won't experience it because get this..........................................................................................................

I'm not a criminal. I can tell you're a real stand up guy.

You really are in denial if you truly believe that only criminals experience it.

Once again:

If you were genuinely pro-police you would want crimes like this to be exposed so that bad police do not put the lives of good police at risk due to people being marginalized, assaulted and dehumanized.

All I can say is reserve the same rights for others as you would want for yourself. Police brutality does not have prejudice, it could have happened to you, your family or friends.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

I don't dispute that it happens to innocent people.We can agree on that point.It happens to both.But some people here make it seem like everyone in this situation is innocent when that's clearly not the case.

Let's just agree that in SOME situations it is a excessive.I don't know enough about this case to say whether or not it is.As I pointed out in an earlier post,I'm still reading about this particular case.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

reply to post by HumanCondition

I don't dispute that it happens to innocent people.We can agree on that point.It happens to both.But some people here make it seem like everyone in this situation is innocent when that's clearly not the case.

Let's just agree that in SOME situations it is a excessive.I don't know enough about this case to say whether or not it is.As I pointed out in an earlier post,I'm still reading about this particular case.

Force is only legal when someones health or life is at risk.
That is not complicated or confusing.

If you uphold the law then you would agree that 90% of that video was excessive force.
There is no maybe this maybe that.
It is plain cut for everyone to see.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So watched most of the video. The beginning of it was just ridiculous, there is no way that you don't realize the police want you to pull over. Even if you did nothing wrong, you still pull over and see what is the problem. That Bipolar bs was a lame excuse. Maybe if he was experiencing some type of psychosis I could buy that Having said that, im horrified by the rest of the video. He clearly was not resisting when they pulled him over to an extent that would warrant that kind of beating. It was cute how they took him away from the dashboard camera to really work him over. But that wasnt enough they had to do it at the hospital too. Smh... And then they had the nerve to attempt to charge him with assault later on...lol.

I am a little skeptical about the inconsistencies in the reports made by the troopers and what can be observed by the dash cams. I mean he points out one thing and makes it sound like there are a lot more, but he moves on from that point too quickly for me to believe he really has anything outside of the one statement about the victim not cooperating. Clearly there is something up with this story, but I don't think the conspiracy to cover anything up is as deep as hes making it out to be. Also, im a little confused as to why the hospital would release him multiple times, I mean he visibly needed serious medical attention. Isnt it the job of doctors to decide when a criminal needs to stay for treatment and not the troopers?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Prior to being cuffed, it's hard to tell if he fought back, but once in cuffs he was clearly submissive, so why not simply take him in at that point? Sounded as if the cops involved were looking for action that night.

That said, I don't buy the whole "Didn't understand why the cops wouldn't pass him". If that were truly the case, he probably shouldn't have a license. Seems like there's probably more behind why they were initially pursuing him and why he wouldn't pull over. But still can't imagine there's any justification for what ultimately took place afterward.

Also, I don't understand how he was sentenced to 1-4 years in prison if he was found not guilty on all accounts. He receives a brutal beating, is found not guilty, and spends years in prison?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join