It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Virginia skies are red?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just hearing about a bad storm in West Virginia that has red skies.

Can anyone confirm this and maybe get some pics?

www.weather.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
there is this thing that happens when the sun sets...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

I can't confirm skies in W Virginia but a strong weather
system went thru Indiana and on to Ohio last I heard.
I am in Ft. Wayne and we have 1/2 the city without power
and lots of trees down. Straight line winds almost 100mph.
It could be this system is now in W Virginia and since
it is close to sunset it would cause the sky to be red.

Hope someone from the area comes in - this is a dangerous
storm system.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It is not red, but green that you need to worry about.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Yes I am hearing of power outage in WV and limbs down as well.

I understand all about sunsets as I am not exactly a spring chicken but what I heard was the skies are redder than they had ever been which is why I am asking for pics. I am sure people there have seen sunsets before too...

No need to get all holier than thou in the wisdom area unless you are actually there?

(not to this reply but above yours)

from the weather channel

Severe thunderstorms developed across the Midwest Friday, including Iowa, Indiana, and Ohio, then moved east into the Mid-Atlantic states. High winds caused major storm damage, including blown off roofs in Richmond, Indiana, and a rolled tractor trailer in Marion, Ohio. The Weather Channel Meteorologists say this might be the phenomenon known as a Derecho.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There is an old mariner proverb that says something along the lines of...

"red skies in morning, sailor take warning.

Red skies at night, sailor delight"

I doubt that helps in this instance but one never knows.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
smoke for the fires in CO.

smoke will cause red skies

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I will tell you why I ask. If you have ever watched a t-storm just before a bolt of lightning the skies will glow orange where the bolt originates. Red is a whole new level of atmospheric charge in my reasoning. Lightning is actually liquid electricity and "if" we are witnessing a greater variance it has ominous potential. (Think that liquid is heavier than air and if the jet stream drops to ground level ...)

I am in MS and have seen my share of tornadoes / straight line winds / t-storms and know all about the colors

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The forecast is for more of the same tomorrow. Hot with
severe storms - check your weather often and stay safe.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic
Just hearing about a bad storm in West Virginia that has red skies.

Can anyone confirm this and maybe get some pics?

www.weather.com...

I actually just run across a video on youtube out of russia on this very subject. I think it's just reflection but who knows?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
we get red skies in oregon all the time

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

yes, I was a bush jumper (MNR in Canada and dropped into the muskeg via the Okenagan - the biggest helicopter the ministry had in case you doubt me) at one time and I understand that too but from what I heard is this isn't the usual kind of red sky sunset.

I will wait and see as I am sure pics will surface eventually somewhere if not here

thanks

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

couple of weather cams in WV here looks normal to dark wasn't able to find a timelapse which many have

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
here is something strange, I live in brazil, and the other morning i woke at sunrise and saw a purple sky in front of the sun. never seen that before, red skies yes purple, never, it was very weird.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well we had thunder today, and our skies also turn orange/redish.

It looks very awesome, and its seen often.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I live in the upper panhandle of West Virginia - Brooke County - the sky's seemed normal to me. If I had a camera I would have posted a pic, but my phone camera is broken. The sky was really gray when the storm was passing through. Today had to be the hottest day I can remember though. I am in Brooke High School Percussion Marching band, and when we were outside marching today on the filed, the termomiter(SP?) read 107 degrees our coordinator said. It was absolutely miserable.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Try this?

I haven't learned much about playing with all the different settings, but I guess it is real-time...

The ten day forecast (weather.com) looks pretty stormy.
Stay dry.

"Red sky at night--sailor's delight...red sky in morning is a sailor's warning",,,,or something like that...
edit on (6/29/1212 by loveguy because:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

like this?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

thank you! Huntington looks without power but skies seem normal.

The photo was taken on the evening of July 10, 2008 in Hampshire, Illinois as the derecho neared the Chicago metropolitan area.

NOAA

ETA: the Huntington webcam shows a date of Monday June 25th around 4 AM so it isn't live
edit on 29-6-2012 by anoncoholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It passed through Kentucky a couple hours ago and is a ROUGH one!!! we had 50-100 mph gusts but no rain where I live. It came up out of nowhere and did a lot of damage. I honestly though we were having a tornado. Probably the worst phantom storm I've ever seen.

ETA: more of the thunder and rain variety just a bit to the north of my little area. We luckily missed out on the thunder and lightning but those winds were pretty massive! ... just came out of NOWHERE with a big rumble, I honestly thought it was a tornado.
edit on 29-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join