It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DAILY Rolling Blackouts - July 2nd to September 2nd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I live in southern Japan, Kyushu. This news is even being played down by national media but this is quite incredible news.

Starting on July 2nd there will be rolling blackouts across the ENTIRE country. Not every now and then, but every day. The blackout window is 2 hours and will hit different areas of the country at different times but everyone in Japan will have no electricity for 2 hours every day at peak times.

Japan is really feeling the pinch of closing down all its reactors and this summer is going to be a nightmare. Rainy season ends in a few days and temperatures are above 30 degress every day for two months. This is going to have a huge impact on all areas of life. Offices without power, factories without power, hospitals, schools, the whole shebang. And we are going to have to deal with this every day. Crazy shiit happening in one of the most advanced nations on the planet.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It is good for them to start getting used to what is coming. You should try it too. Go out in the woods and pretend that civilization is gone. Try that for a couple of days.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

I go camping regularly with my family.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I've lived through these planned blackouts. You get used to it. You schedule activities around them. Two hours isnt that long.
Hospitals have backup generators, as they do in unexpected power outages

Your source for this should be in your opening post

It will be more than one Utilty doing this.
Peak hours will most likely be your dinner hour.

Four of Japan’s utility companies, including Kansai Electric Power Co. (KEPCO), the operator of the Oi, Fukui Prefecture nuclear plant that was just ordered to be restarted, have stated they will be using rolling blackouts over the summer in their services areas. Blackouts lasting about two hours would be conducted only when the peak demand is going to surpass the supply capacity by 1%. The plan is that this strategy will prevent unexpected, wide-spread power outages which would be more damaging to a greater number of people.
Here

edit on 29-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Don't think the USA had 2 hour blackouts every day for two months. I remember there were rolling blackouts every now and then.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Logman

i dont' ever remember any that lasted for 2 hours every day!!!!!! it's not a long time but DAILY?? the whole country? that's a big deal.

new topics

top topics

join