It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans’ Ex-Spokesman Calls For Armed Rebellion Over Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Matthew Davis, an attorney in Lansing, sent the email moments after the Supreme Court ruling to numerous new media outlets and limited government activists with the headline:

“Is Armed Rebellion Now Justified?” Davis added his own personal note saying, “… here’s my response. And yes, I mean it.” “

“There are times government has to do things to get what it wants and holds a gun to your head," Davis said. "I’m saying at some point, we have to ask the question when do we turn that gun around and say no and resist.

www.michigancapitolconfidential.com...

wonkette.com...

Maybe this republican should be blaming his own party for all of this.

edit on 28-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I'm down.

Quite honestly if this doesn't do it nothing will.
edit on 28-6-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

WTH is going on in this country? Obamacare is now a reason to take up arms against the government?

*SIGH*

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

But did he have a gun in hand?

It is easy to call for it, a lot more difficult to pick up your pitchfork and march to the capital. If it happens, I'm down, but it ain't gonna happen.

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
So... If the healthcare plan is supported by the majority of Americans, and pushed through by a democratically-elected president who included this in his manifesto before 2009, armed rebellion is pretty much an act of treason.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Rebellion yes. But not with guns. People opposed to Obamacare, should get a grassroots effort going to refuse to pay taxes.

Can you imagine how it would cripple the government if millions of people just said NO. How much of a financial hole it would put the administration in. How it would catch on like a wild fire....

Des

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
So... If the healthcare plan is supported by the majority of Americans, and pushed through by a democratically-elected president who included this in his manifesto before 2009, armed rebellion is pretty much an act of treason.

Maybe, but the majority are usually wrong, and they are definitely not the most informed group of folks. It wasn't a majority that initiated the first revolution, nor the civil war. It was a select group of highly informed and motivated visionaries that saw where things were headed and decided not to be slaves to the government.

The majority would rather be fat slaves than starving free men. Just ask them. You'll be surprised at the answers if you pose that question to your friends. I was.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Rebellion yes. But not with guns. People opposed to Obamacare, should get a grassroots effort going to refuse to pay taxes.

Can you imagine how it would cripple the government if millions of people just said NO. How much of a financial hole it would put the administration in. How it would catch on like a wild fire....

Des

Des you make a good point. Many consider Jefferson's words in the Declaration of Independence as a call for armed conflict and insurrection at the whim; but there are measure in place to induce change without even letting loose one bullet.

Tax revolt, mass repudiation of those in office, non-acquiesces to unlawfulness, etc...armed conflict is and should be the last thing in anyone persons mind until all other efforts are exhausted.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317

WTH is going on in this country? Obamacare is now a reason to take up arms against the government?

*SIGH*

Indeed.
The massive corruption between the military industrial complex, bankers and government wasn't enough. The clear destruction of the freedoms of the American people with the Patriot Act wasn't enough. But according to many of the idiotic and ignorant right, providing health care to millions of other FELLOW CITIZENS is enough to take down the government.

The mind boggles at the complete and utter stupidity of these people. They seem to just be complete hypocrites, conveniently ignoring what their OWN RIGHT WING PRESIDENT did to directly harm them, while crusading against something that will benefit millions.

Of all the things to threaten the government over, this is just pathetic.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Overthrow the government before the November election?

Good luck

Best to just stick with Romney and feed him a coupla more billion $$$ for his campaign.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Overthrow the government before the November election?

Good luck

Best to just stick with Romney and feed him a coupla more billion $$$ for his campaign.

Yes, exactly, that is what the majority probably believes these days. Romney will be sure to slightly tweak the bill and hype it as a huge political success and delivery on his campaign promises, but the informed among us will be left scratching our heads in disbelief.

This election will be historic. Probably the most worthless election we have ever had. It really makes no difference who we vote for, or if we even vote at all.

This November, I am taking the entire day of work and voting for BUDWEISER!

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Two-thirds of Americans were against this healthcare plan. Our president said that he would not raise taxes, and the Supreme Court said that, as a tax, this was constitutional.

Rebellion in this case is not an act of treason, but an act of REASON.

I like Destinyone's idea of just not playing this game and not paying the tax penalty associated with non-compliance. That is what I plan on doing.

Just wait until people find out how much it will cost to buy health insurance if they don't have it already. That's when things will get ugly.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Good for your attitude...you can pay my taxes...I sure won't be. I refuse to support an unconstitutional mandate.

Good Luck...this administration is planning on wringing every red cent they can out of you....

Des

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Romneycare on Day 1

Politics... you just can't make this stuff up.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Dear RealSpoke,

Nice to see you again. You seem like a pretty reasonable guy, so I'm confused here (as I usuallly am). The article doesn't have the headline you used, and your source article contains the following:

Matthew Davis sent the email moments after the Supreme Court ruling to numerous new media outlets and limited government activists with the headline: “Is Armed Rebellion Now Justified?”

He stressed that he wasn't calling for armed rebellion but added his own personal note to the email, saying, “… here’s my response. And yes, I mean it.”

Davis said he wasn't calling for violence, rather he was pointing out that historically that is what has occurred at times in America. He compared armed rebellion to a situation where the government cannot get your money by way of liens or seizure of bank accounts is coming to arrest you for not paying an unconstitutional tax.
So, he says he is NOT calling for armed rebellion. I can imagine situations where some form of violence against someone is justified. At least the courts sometimes use "battered spouse" as a justification for murder. But no one ever calls for it.

I think the Opening Post paints Davis as more violent than he really is. A little misleading here?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
[QUOTE]It wasn't a majority that initiated the first revolution, nor the civil war. It was a select group of highly informed and motivated visionaries that saw where things were headed and decided not to be slaves to the government.[/QUOTE]

Good argument up to a point, but we could turn that on its head and apply it to some hardline communist group that also considers itself an enlightened minority. So far, a government that executes the will of the majority within the limits of the Constitution has kind of protected the US from that during the Cold War.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
All bark and no bite.

Just traitorous scumbags that can't accept that something they don't want was passed by all three branches of government.

Either remove the law through the system by participating, or get ready to fight tens of millions of Americans, drones, and soldiers ready to die protecting it.

In short, I don't care about your over-inflated sense of self-worth. I, and many others, will die to stop you from bringing down our government even if we don't agree with everything it does.

Because you will cause more damage trying to take it down than this law ever could in a thousand thousand years.
edit on 28-6-2012 by nuclear12346 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
>Implying America has the balls for revolution, much less armed revolution...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lives

I'm down.

Quite honestly if this doesn't do it nothing will.
edit on 28-6-2012 by lives because: (no reason given)

I don't think this will do it... there will not be much civil unrest until austerity American style hits the people!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I JUST WANT TO BE FREE

<<   2  3  4 >>

join