It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's ‘Audit the Fed’ bill advances in the House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ron Paul has sponsored a bill that would call for a full and complete audit of the Federal reserve, including their many times "sneaky" and super secretive lending policies.

The U.S. House of Representatives Oversight Committee (Rep. Darrell E. Issa, Chairman) voice-voted the Committee's approval of the bill.

Federal Law prohibits a full broad audit of the Fed.

Washington Times article -- June 27, 2012

The House oversight committee voted Wednesday to demand a broad audit of the Federal Reserve System by congressional investigators — a major move that lawmakers said is designed to bring accountability to the murky workings of the independent central bank.

The bill was sponsored by Rep. Ron Paul, the Texas Republican who turned the push for an audit into a powerful presidential campaign slogan and whose criticism of the Fed’s monetary policy drew hundreds of thousands of voters into the political process.

It passed by voice vote, signaling the growing sense among lawmakers that the time has come for a full review.

“Clearly the Fed must be made too big to fail, and too big to fail requires a considerable amount of oversight,” said Rep. Darrell E. Issa, California Republican, who is chairman of the committee.

[color=e3fff7]Federal law right now specifically prohibits such a broad audit, and opponents fear undermining the independence of the Fed....
Hmmm. I wonder WHY that is ??

source

We can only imagine what this could uncover !!

The FED (by way of their "Governors" and "Board Members") is neck deep in all kinds of shady deals.

Many even with foreign banks and institutions

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I doubt this will go anywhere unfortunatelty...probably wont even hit the news its gonna be covered up and dismissed...nothing to see here.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A Ron Paul gave me the number to the person that is Co-sponsoring the bill

John Yarmuths number so I called and left a message thanking him, and hope that we can get a full audit of FT. KNOX, to see how much money we don't have, and would die of shock if there was any.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Dont hold me to this but didnt ron paul all ready get a bill passed to audit the fed and they did something witch hid most of their information?

www.dailypaul.com...
They should be audited every 6 months.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This sounds like great news, but I wonder what could still shut down the effort, perhaps an executive order? I hate be a negative nilly, but this kind of truth never seems to make it to light. Still, I am glad it has made it this far and it reflects a general non partisan concern from both sides.

Peace
ETA: A little piece on reforming the Fed.

edit on 27-6-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
Dont hold me to this but didnt ron paul all ready get a bill passed to audit the fed and they did something witch hid most of their information?

www.dailypaul.com...
They should be audited every 6 months.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

Yes there was an "audit" But,

The first ever GAO(Government Accountability Office) audit of the Federal Reserve was carried out in the past few months due to the Ron Paul, Alan Grayson Amendment to the Dodd-Frank bill, which passed last year. Jim DeMint, a Republican Senator, and Bernie Sanders, an independent Senator, led the charge for a Federal Reserve audit in the Senate, but watered down the original language of the house bill(HR1207), so that a complete audit would not be carried out. Ben Bernanke(pictured to the right), Alan Greenspan, and various other bankers vehemently opposed the audit and lied to Congress about the effects an audit would have on markets. Nevertheless, the results of the first audit in the Federal Reserve’s nearly 100 year history were posted on Senator Sander’s webpage earlier this morning.

No "complete" audit !!!

see the above link for details of the "watered down" version. Astounding !!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Federal Reserve should be audited and then nationalised. "Independent" or "semi-independent" will not cut it for much longer. The bankers should be borrowing money from the government, not the government borrwing from the capitalists. And people wonder why we are constantly in debt from lack of tarrifs, to wars, to lack of taxation of the rich, to overspending for dubious projects.

I have done research into european central banks and I would say ALL of them ARE PRIVATE! Democracy can never be achieved under such pretentious conditions. The bankers will always have the upper hand as supra-nationals...and most of them are jewish satanists.

The greek debt crisis as well as of the PIIGS has actually central bankers acting as emergency prime ministers continously pushing austerity measures and shrinking with the government with no remorse. The economy there is in shambles with 25% unemployment and no hope of a better tomorrow with tons of crime as well.

Private central banking equals cancer. THAT is why they have that surreptitious non-disclosure clause!

Ron Paul is a brave man. If they can push the scumbags out of america then europe and the rest of the world has a chance. I just hope he does not backstab us while giving us some hope. Either way the zionist bankers and illuminati days are numbered and I see another french and/or russian revolution in the making....and it is anyone's guess if we will have fascism or communism. Capitalism is rightfully dying!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
THIS IS HUGE!

The central bankers have lost control of the house.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The amount of support this bill has in the house is because of the movement of Ron Paul and everything he has been working for up until this point.

This bill now has enough support in the house to pass as it has over 255 co-sponsors. Congress is feeling the pressure of the public as they know that we are not as dumb as we were 5 years ago. More of the country are now more aware of the federal reserve and are questioning their actual relationship with the government than ever in history.

Ron Paul supporters are taking the time out of their day to not only advance the movement but calling their congressmen/women and senators about supporting this bill.

There is only one way to uncover the corruption, its just to wake up and start holding these people accountable.

This movement is not about Ron Paul.

IT IS ABOUT US!

join