It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is to be done....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There comes a time in the life of some where a shift becomes inevitable.

Sometimes it is born of one catalyzing event.
Other times it is a myriad of little nudges which eventually grow into something more.
Whichever it may be, the consequence is felt on a level deeper than that of the mind.

I walked to work today.

My mood was dark as it often is.

Lost in my mind, I lifted my head to see a man in my path.

My mood was on my face.

I glanced in his direction. He seemed almost to recoil from the expression I wore
His eyes avoided mine for an instant. But the man gathered his courage, and looked me in the eye.

Tears clouded his vision as he begged me for whatever I could give. He told me of his woes. His hunger. His cold.

Again and again he begged forgiveness for intruding. I could taste his shame at what he had been reduced to.

I gave him enough for a meal.

His eyes glowed. It was if I had given him a new life. His gratitude erased my dark thoughts in one flash of pure love.

As I walked on I forgot all my "problems." What were they really?

I began to look at my life. Who did I live for? What did I live for?
All I did was for myself. I work to make money for me. I buy toys for me. I drink for me. I f** for me.

Why? Because I live in a world where the goal is to accumulate, and to entertain yourself. It is praiseworthy. The world pats me on the back when I hoard more and more for me.

For a very long time I felt something was awry. I numbed that lingering discontent with distractions.

Yet, it always drifted back into my thoughts. Why am I not happy? I have everything!

It is a scary day when you realize that all your life is a husk of what you created it to be.

Am I a good man?

What have I done for a stranger? What I have I willingly given of my own to help another? What of my soul? Is that what drives me now to examine all I consider to be me?

What is me? My ego/mental self, or something greater?

Once your perspective changes it is done. The genie will not go back into the bottle. You cannot pretend your life is what it was.

Now the thought that haunts my mind is what is to be done...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
bless you

"To have, give all to all"

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Two strangers with diametrically opposed life situations, managed to bring visceral change into each others lives for a moment.frozen in time. Bless you for making that moment count.

Des

edit on 26-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What's to be done, is to start realizing the big picture:

Ego pretends it's the centre of the universe, but how big is it really when up against the great canvas that is all? It is but a simple, momentary lapse of reason.

I humble myself before your story.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stephinrazin

Now the thought that haunts my mind is what is to be done...

Listen to your heart...

Clearly you have one

S&F btw

edit on 26-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Welcome aboard my new friend. The happiest people are those that help others.And some claim that your possession really own you.And you are correct. Once you become aware of this, you cant put that genie back in bottle.

new topics

top topics

join