It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invading another person's dreams?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Has anyone had any experiences with this, either invading someone else's dreams, or having their dreams invaded? If you have, can you share your experiences or knowledge on the subject?

I ask because, I had an experience when I was younger that has always stuck with me, where someone presumably invaded my dreams one night. I've never known if it was the power of suggestion causing me to have an interesting dream or an actual dream invasion. I'm hoping to compare experiences and figure out which.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm wondering if it was more in line with a projection experience but the whole matter felt more along the lines of a dream for you? That's really the only thing that comes to mind for me at the moment but I'm sure others will have other takes on the matter.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I was invaded recently. I was looking out my patio door when a man with long black curly hair popped out from my left, outside the door, and spat on me.

I jolted awake and my heart was racing. It was frightening.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Many people believe dreams can be infiltrated by ‘entities’ and not necessarily other people. Others believe we astral project ourselves into a dream ‘world’ therefore we are sharing experiences with other people sometimes. Our sub-conscious mind is deep dark place where many unexplainable things lurk. YouTube will expose you to several schools of thought on this subject.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

Can you tell me more about the difference between an projection experience and a dream invasion? I'm not too knowledgeable about this kind of thing.

Also, love the avatar.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yes this happens to me quite often.

Many of my dreams are invaded by Jessica Alba and I wish it would stop....

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietInsanity

Not sure on the dream invasion thing as I really don't think much on dreams at least no in the way others do daydreaming on the other hand is one that I still firmly believe in. Astral Projection is basically the idea that an ethereal part (some say part of or all of your soul) leaves your body to roam the planes both on lower and higher levels. The thing that keeps us bound to the bodies is a cord. Sometimes projection experiences feel like dreams at least to me when I was trying to get the hang of it with friends. Each experience felt more like a dream than a projective experience. Yet like I said this type of thing would vary for a lot of people so to some I could possibly be onto something to others I belong near an Asylum.

Did a quick Google search and came to this -- www.witchvox.com... Not the best site (at least to me) but the wording on a few things certainly help to convey what I was getting at.

"People astral project with out knowing it and explore the different planes in their dreams. They do not have enough energy to remember it but we all have this talent. Yet if we have no memory and no control of astral projection the person will have no conscious memory of dreams. People who want to remember dreams write down their dreams the moment they awake or the dream fades away during the day.

Dream invasion is the ability of others to insert themselves into a person’s dreams in such a way as to cause them harm. Many past authors have mentioned people who do this to others including Dion Fortune in her book Psychic Self Defense. They say it was on the astral plane her example of a woman attacking her happened. Yet it was probably the real time plane or Etheric plane to get results that happened physically. "

[edit]
Thank you. Took me a while to find a picture I really liked and wanted to stick with

edit on 23-6-2012 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietInsanity
Has anyone had any experiences with this, either invading someone else's dreams, or having their dreams invaded? If you have, can you share your experiences or knowledge on the subject?

I ask because, I had an experience when I was younger that has always stuck with me, where someone presumably invaded my dreams one night. I've never known if it was the power of suggestion causing me to have an interesting dream or an actual dream invasion. I'm hoping to compare experiences and figure out which.

I find this thread to be of use towards what just yesterday my 32 year old son and I were discussing.
We both are itune to our inner life energy, our souls and its connection the the unificational life enrgy. About 3-4 years ago we both had the same dream however we didnt actually connect the dots until yesterday. my dream began shortly after his, we lived about 70 miles apart. His dream started he felt like he was having adream or possibly O.B.E, as he watched himself moving away from is body all the while noticing his surroundings he said he moved hiself to being over my home I was at the time asleep. This is where my dream/O.B.E started. I dont actually see me but my conscious awareness is leaving my body and I see myself i left higher see the house, left higher see the city, ( all this thime I am not in control I thought I was dreaming), then i rising higher and I feel like i am near the area of the sky im right below area that becomes outter space. i look behind me and see our galaxy planets the sun the moons, then suddenly Im pulled into outterspace, and like ultra sonic super lightnng spped I am pushed out into space, i see the stars and planets flash past me at first but then it is like watching star wars when they go into Mack5 superspeed, I just saw stars racing past me, with ease I suddenly stop. I cant see earth but i know the exact spot is the far distance it will be. I look around and feel alone yet i feel like something tugging at me both from earth and from behind me. I suddenly realize if i go any further into space I will not beable to go back to earth to my body. As quick as I finished the thought I woke in my body with a jolting feeling. My sons dream was the same as mine only it started a few minutes earlier. He had control of his dream and all the thoughts i had he had, but he wanted to go out there and explore. When he came to the sudden stop as I did, his thoughts were, If i go any further I wont beable to return and he decided to go back. I think somehow he was thinking of me when he feel asleep and when he was over my home, my energy kinda tagged along. peace

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I, too, have traveled into space but I automatically rebounded like I was on a rubber band.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MystiqueAgent

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a projection, but based on the contents of the dream/experience I'm not entirely ruling it out. I'm trying to avoid specific details for now to avoid coloring the responses, but I'll probably tell the whole story once I get more information.

reply to post by lbndhr

Interesting experience. Mine wasn't nearly so exciting. Actually, it was kind of lame all things considered. Still, I found it interesting and have always wanted some answers.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
"Invade" no, but there was a dream I had once that my wife described to me in perfect detail. I remember seeing her in my dream, but she was by no means the focal point, just kind of there. When she told me that she had a dream about me, and started describing my dream, I was weirded out, to say the least.

I didn't know that kind of thing was possible, but as I started googling the subject I found out that it isn't that uncommon, especially for people which share the same bed and daily habits. Our REM minds are pretty easily influenced by external noise, such as a loud truck making someone dream of a truck, etc.

Dream invasion, though, I'm not so sure about. If you're talking about psychic projection, I would say we're discussing hokum. Technology could theoretically allow someone to invade someones dream, but there's no "Inception" technique to enter someones unconscious mind for whatever reason using technology of today. Dream synching is possible, but both dreamers version of events will be vastly different, with common elements to both dreams.

What you probably experienced was a form of night terror. I had plenty when I was a kid, I've always had trouble with sleep paralysis, and most bouts are accompanied by the feeling that someone or something is in your room with you. Problem is, you're conscious perception of the room is actually your conscious perception of a dream, which can end up leading a wandering mind to start the journey to Abductionville if you don't realize what is happening. These "visions" can be quite convincingly real, and extremely terrifying in the eyes of a child.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreamer99

I was 16 so it wasn't childhood night terrors. In fact it failed to be remotely scary even though it seemed like it was meant to be. Maybe a dream based on the power of suggestion, but I've always questioned that because at the time, I was never prone to dreams based in real life. My dreams were always wierd fantasy scenarios. There is some evidence to back up the suggestion that my dream was invaded by someone else, but I don't want to say to much yet as I want to avoid influencing the responses.

The truth is, I'm a very logical person. I've never had any personal supernatural experiences other than this. I've never known what to think about it. I've never really told anyone about it and this is my first real attempt to look for answers, for curiousity's sake mostly.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietInsanity
reply to post by Dreamer99

I was 16 so it wasn't childhood night terrors. In fact it failed to be remotely scary even though it seemed like it was meant to be. Maybe a dream based on the power of suggestion, but I've always questioned that because at the time, I was never prone to dreams based in real life. My dreams were always wierd fantasy scenarios. There is some evidence to back up the suggestion that my dream was invaded by someone else, but I don't want to say to much yet as I want to avoid influencing the responses.

The truth is, I'm a very logical person. I've never had any personal supernatural experiences other than this. I've never known what to think about it. I've never really told anyone about it and this is my first real attempt to look for answers, for curiousity's sake mostly.

I had dream Satan ( whats weird is, I dont beleive in a SATAN, I believe in evil and negatives) invaded my dream. january 1st thru 3rd 2000. It it 3 nights in a row. It was a terrible dream because he kept chasing me and he was always just behind me.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That's a scary thought if you could invade someone's dreams, give them an idea, and then they would act upon the idea thinking it came to them in a dream. Good thing we only have rational educated people running the world's governments.

If I invaded someone's dream or someone invaded mine, I don't know how I would know it. If it's possible to contact alien species in the astral plane, then maybe I have had contact. Somewhere between sleep and not being quite awake, I remember a couple of times being contacted by a species located in this galaxy about 30,000 to 37,000 light years away. Now if someone can prove this, I can have some possible evidence that it may be possible to invade someone's dreams.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I empathize. I've had a very similar dream. You can practically feel the claws on your back.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I remember a dream where I thought either Satan or a demon invaded and showed me what it would feel like if I turned truly evil. What was scary about that dream was that I felt evil and was enjoying it. Then I finally woke up and was horrified by remembering what I did in my dreams. If someone didn't invade my dreams, it was like I invaded the mind of a serial killer.

I believe I've had dreams where I was in other people's bodies I believe. The thoughts I have in those dreams don't always seem like mine.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

4years ago while in Alaska helping a friend out, I found out about this in the funniest scariest way ever to find this out.

I have a dram of a giant clown blowing bubbles in a circus fiasco. The giant clown was blowing some giant unreal bubbles that just didn’t make any since what so ever to the imagination. The giant clown then started blowing bubbles at me, and every time the bubble caught me…I felt as if in real life I was losing my breath.

This dream was if the dream had the energizer bunny written all over it, because the clown kept going, and going, and going, and going, and just would not stop. I felt like I was suffocating over 300 times as I started to try to wake my self up. This was the most intense dream of suffocating I had ever experienced ever in my life and would not wish this on my worst enemy.

Next morning I go down stairs and during dinner, this woman just kept looking at me. Therefore, after dinner or close to when dinner was over, I went for my move, because I felt she liked me, thought it was going to be an easy lay… Why not, it was cold!

To make this short and quick.

Lady=L
ME-=M
After 10 minutes into the conversation.
L>> lolL
Me>>why are you always laughing, what’s so funny,

L>>you just…you look like this person in my dream that I had last night. It was so funny, I had a dream I was this giant clown, and I kept blowing these giant bubbles at this man, and it looked so funny watching him run ,and then being caught by my bubbles, repeatedly in this circus type atmosphere or something. it was a very long vivid dream. Very unusual, I swear it was you, I don’t know!

ME>>>So ummmm, I guess you thought it was funny….blowing ya little bubbles all around the place HuH, you got a real kick out of that huh !

L>>I take it you don’t like bubbles?

No you little bubble blowing &^%^$ I hate giant bubbles ,I hate clowns ,and….im sorry, so sorry let me explain what happened to me while you was busy blowing your bubbles in your circus.

After I told her what happened we were both just in ahhh, and wow
That’s it.
edit on 23-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2012 by LastProphet527 because: changed flying to sufacation

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If you could invade other people's dreams, that could be the ultimate virtual reality experiment. It could also make for some good times if you do it with someone of the opposite sex you like.

It's amazing two people could have the same dream from a different perspective. I often do whatever I want to do in my dreams anyway though. Well when they turn lucid that is.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It would be useful if you could disclose some details regarding your dream

However, one night back in 2007, my wife and I had gone to bed. On waking, I told my wife about a dream I had (we always talk about our nights dreaming habits). In the dream, I had been laying on sheep skin rugs on our bedroom floor, when my father walked in (he had died in April 2005 from a brain hemorrhage aged 65). He told me to follow him, I told him that I was busy; he insisted that he needed my help. So, I got up from the floor and followed him as he led me into the cellar of my house. On the floor I could see a woman with dark, short curly hair laying face down on the slate floor. As I approached the motionless body, I could see that there was nothing I could do to help.

On waking, I recounted the dream to my wife, got dressed and went to work. While in work (family run restaurant and campsite) I got a phone call from my Aunty in London telling me that my Great Aunty had had a heart attack the previous afternoon, and had died. She had short, dark curly hair. I told my mum (who I work with), to ring my wife and just ask the question about my dream. We were all shock by its contents. Here comes the funny part. My Great Aunty was 96, her first husband had died from cancer many years earlier, her second husband had died from a heart attack in 1995 after failing his driving test in Australia,as they had emigrated out their. After his death she returned to the UK where she married for the third time. In 2006 her third husband had been put into care, as he had lost the plot. In his will, he had left 1.5 million pounds to Battersea Dogs Home in London (his share of her money if she died before him). When she had her heart attack, she was on her way to the solicitors to change her will so that he didn't get the cash. My Great Aunty Doris didn't get to the solicitors that day, and Battersea Dogs Home is now better off to the tune of £1,500,000.

Still makes me laugh, but hope its an informative story of having an invaded dream that also has a basis in reality

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I might as well tell my story. It's not that interesting though.

I was 16 and away at a camp. There was this kid at the place. Said he was a devil worshipper and was always saying things about powers or whatever. No one took him seriously. I never interacted with him myself, but he drew a lot of attention. Anyway, there was some kind of conversation going on nearby. I think it was about proving his powers or something. I barely remember. He said something to everybody along the lines of seeing them in their dreams that night.

That night, I had a dream. I was in the camp and across the way, I saw a door that wasn't there before. I went inside and in the room was a TV showing static. As I looked at it, an image of that kid started to form. I remember blood, the guy's head spinning around and around, and a general feeling of menace.

Still though, I felt completely non threatened. I remember thinking, "He wants to scare me and this is the best he can do? Lame." I kind of felt sorry for him and said a prayer for him in the dream. He stopped and looked at me funny. I left the room and I seem to remember him trying to chase me and scare me, but I kind of just ignored him. Eventually he just disappeared. I think I moved on to another dream after that.

I was a bit startled when I woke up and made the connection to that guy's threat. I wasn't sure what to think. I never talked about it with anyone. I considered asking that guy about it, but before I could get up the nerve, he got sent home for causing problems.

I considered that it might be a dream based on the power of suggestion, but I'd never had dreams based on real life events before. I never talked about it with anyone, but it always stuck with me and I always wondered what the real nature of that experience was: A dream invasion, or a full on dream. I haven't had a dream that felt remotely like that before or since, so I have nothing to compare it to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join