It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Emergency responders train for the worst" weird

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.wlbz2.com...

BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- First responders and emergency agencies converged in Bangor to fend off the devastation of a zombie apocalypse. While there wasn't a real outbreak plaguing people, the gathering served as a training session on how to respond to an epidemic if one spread through Maine. In the mock situation, disease, chaos and the walking dead took over. While the zombie apocalypse wasn't real pandemics like the H1N1 virus in 2009 and the SARS outbreak in 2002 have proven to authorities they need to be prepared for anything. Eight communities from Eastern Maine participated in the training.

This whole zombie thing is getting out of control. They are training people on how to fend off zombie outbreaks? Maybe something? probably nothing....

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"Zombie Apocolypse" is now a blanket term. It could stand for any of hundreds of situations.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
MMmmmmmmm, Taxpayers....

Send more taxpayers!

That's funny, Mix the Poorly maintained CDC building with bathsalt zombie attacks and then these guys preparing for something thats not here but why not, it was only fiction about 20 years ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Glad you posted this i created an account with the intent on threading this and was trying to get my post# up. Anyway its good to see us here in maine are ready for the "zombies"!

edit on 6/22/12 by iwontrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Haha sorry for stealing your thunder lol I just ran across this and was like wtf? haha

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

yes but in this drill they staged the walking dead as part of the pandemic situation which is just a tad over the top for me. possible but largely improbable so why do it?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin
reply to post by captaintyinknots

yes but in this drill they staged the walking dead as part of the pandemic situation which is just a tad over the top for me. possible but largely improbable so why do it?

In my opinion, its two-fold:

1)IF (very big if) it did happen, people would SKEWER the CDC for not being prepared;

2)The walking dead in the scenario could represent any number of 'victims' in a biological attack. They could represent civil unrest. They could represent people infected with a highly contagious biological agent. Point being, just because, in the drill, they called them 'zombies', doesnt mean there isnt real life application for the drills.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Oh no worries just glad to see it make it cause i thought it to be quite humorous. And like the tourists, zombies would never survive the winters up here!

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Someone miscalculated the age of aquarius with the age of zombies.

Bad Mayan math or something.

-shrugs-

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Someone miscalculated the age of aquarius with the age of zombies.

Bad Mayan math or something.

-shrugs-

Could you please pass the salt with that frontal lobe, thank you.

CDC investing in duct tape biological anti zombie suits.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
On a serious note, some of the "zombie" attacks are pretty troubling. Given that the explanation concerns something that has been available for a few years now, it seems we have an "outbreak" of flesh biting, cannibalistic attacks only as of late...

It makes you wonder if someone is experimenting with a new substance or pathogen that causes this behaviour in humans, while the blame is shifted to something else.

All for Z day, when they release it into the water supply and BAM.

Zombie Nation.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It almost makes you wonder whether our government, or an entity within it, would be at a tactical advantage should its public not truly believe they're being attacked by something very similar to what we think of as zombies, when actually, they are.

Would it slow our response time?
Would more of the young survive it?
Would Cheney get to eat more of them?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It makes perfect sense to me that our Govt. might be referring to the regular citizens as zombies. I mean, they don't exactly call gun running by it's true name, [Fast&Furious], and use code words for absolutely everything else. Why not us

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

I thought they had "sheeple"

new topics

top topics

join